This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give you 7.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      The problem that Fla has is that its O is based on misdirection, trick plays, and the like. OSU is exactly the worst D to go against with this kind of O. They're nothing if not disciplined.
      I seem to recall people using this argument to say why Urban Meyer's offense won't work in the SEC. It has done a decent job (though one problem is that Chris Leak doesn't fit the offense very well).

Though anyone who did watch the SEC Championship game will tell you that the offense is more than just trick plays.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Give me eight and we have a date.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

OK, I'll give you 8. A silver dollar?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

i dont believe that most people are calling a huge blowout against florida
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              I seem to recall people using this argument to say why Urban Meyer's offense won't work in the SEC. It has done a decent job (though one problem is that Chris Leak doesn't fit the offense very well).

Though anyone who did watch the SEC Championship game will tell you that the offense is more than just trick plays.
              OSU has the 2nd ranked scoring defense. Arkansas had the 30th ranked scoring defense (before Saturday). Objectively speaking, I don't think Arkansas' defense indicates anything about how Fla's O will do against OSU.

As you say, Leak looks out of place in the system and Tebow is easy to read.
              Last edited by DanS; December 4, 2006, 00:55.

Comment

Silver dollar sounds good.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Not for Arkansas! Someone said, IMO accurately, our offense was an "ever-changing hybrid hodgepodge jerry built jury rig gimmick laden crapfest". I was so defensive of Nutt last week because it really looked like he improved a lot, and the LSU game was just one of those games. But the more that happens, the more it looks like another season-ending meltdown...

I guess it's for the better. If you subtracted the three special teams plays that cost us the last two games (LSU touchdown on a punt return, Fla. blocked punt, Fla. touchdown on punt return fumble) and we had gone 12-1, Michigan and Ohio State would be playing a rematch. Even I wouldn't call Arkansas #2 after those games, either way. And I bet the only urge in the media greater than that to prevent a rematch is to keep us out...
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Winners in Bold

National Championship
                    OSU - Florida (OSU blows out Florida)

Rose Bowl
                    USC - Michigan (Michigan blows out USC)

Fiesta Bowl
                    Boise State - Oklahoma (Close game)

Orange Bowl
                    Wake Forest - Louisville (WF blows out Louisville)

Sugar Bowl
                    Notre Dame - LSU (ND blows out LSU)

Capital One Bowl
                    Wisconsin - Arkansas (Wis blows out Ark)

Final BCS after the Bowls:
                    1 Ohio State
                    2 Michigan
                    3 Wisconsin
                    4 Doesn't matter from here down.

(Please note, these are NOT predictions. It's a wish list that is possible.)
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      Originally posted by Guynemer
                      Ohio State HUGE over Florida. We're talking a woodshed, redheaded stepchild, pimpslapping type of blowout, three touchdowns at least.

Florida's defense is too stout for this to be a likely outcome. They will be the best D Ohio State has faced all year...
                      ...says the guy who doesn't even rank Florida in his Top Ten...
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Can Michigan still win the national championship? What happens if it blows out USC and Florida beats OSU by a small margin? Do they have a final BCS calculation, or are we left to look at the AP and UPI polls, both of which could tap Michigan, leaving Florida's so-called National Championship rings somewhat meaningless?
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

People are making similar mistakes with Florida as they did with the 2002-03 Ohio State team. Both teams won unimpressively throughout the year, leading many to think they weren't all that good, but they found ways to pull out wins. Florida has a very, very good defense and an offense that just does enough usually. I think this'll be a fairly low scoring game with Ohio State winning by 7 at the end (24-17 is my pick, if you are wondering).

edit: Though, the interesting thing is Florida saved its best offensive performance for its last game where it just rolled against the Arkansas D.
                          I picked OSU in 2002 for those above reasons; however, Florida simply does not match up as well against OSU as the 2002 Buckeyes matched up against Miami.

Nobody matches up well against the Buckeyes. As I said, Michigan would probably be the only team able to keep the gap within single digits, and I'd only give that a 50/50 shot at best.

Comment

That's what blew my mind; that, and Donegeal's blow out prediction on all but Boise State.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                              Can Michigan still win the national championship? What happens if it blows out USC and Florida beats OSU by a small margin? Do they have a final BCS calculation, or are we left to look at the AP and UPI polls, both of which could tap Michigan, leaving Florida's so-called National Championship rings somewhat meaningless?
                              The AP, not being part of the BCS, can vote for whomever they want. The USA Today Coaches Poll and the Harris Poll are obligated to vote the OSU/Florida winner as the national champ. And frankly, if Florida pulls off the upset in any scenario (blowout, last second, horrifically bad officiating call, whatever), there is no way Michigan would pass them in the AP, even if they housed USC. Nor should they.

Comment

G, I disagree that Michigan "should not" win the National Championship under any scenario. Michigan's only loss could be narrow one to OSU at OSU's home field. That could be considered a better record than Florida's if Florida beats OSU by a narrow margin on a neutral field.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X