Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the rate of pregnancy greater or lower with real world condom use or real world abstinence?

As BK likes to point out, laboratory conditions for condom failure don't match real world experiences. While abstinence has a theoretical 100% success rate, for some reason, couples that practice abstinence only are more likely to have a pregnancy than those who use condoms.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Well said, Che.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Have you ever been there?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• How many movies did you make?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• 1991 (or was it 1992?) for me.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian View Post
              1991 (or was it 1992?) for me.

-Arrian
              You didn't waste any time after the fall of the USSR.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                How many movies did you make?
                I was 14 at the time.

So I was in high demand.

I did about 30 or 40 in the 2 weeks.

Comment

• Ok, since this is going to get absurd fast, how about this:

Lacking personal experience with a given subject does not bar you from discussing that subject. However, when in such a discussion with people who HAVE such experience, it behooves you to stop and listen to them, and give some consideration to their PoV (e.g. me, in a thread on the military, listening to any number of our ex-military polytubbies). It doesn't mean you have to agree, and it doesn't mean you have to shut up.

So yes, Asher's argument is silly, but then I don't think he's being terribly serious here. He's just here to take some shots at Ben.

-Arrian

Comment

• Gay sex has a 100% rate of protection against pregnancy. If our aim is to reduce teen pregnant, the answer is obvious.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
                      Gay sex has a 100% rate of protection against pregnancy. If our aim is to reduce teen pregnant, the answer is obvious.
                      Christian summer camps are second to only Boy scout retreats for a sure-fire way for a gay teen to get laid.

And I'm not even joking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                        Lacking personal experience with a given subject does not bar you from discussing that subject.
                        Hence BK being able to have an "informed" opinion about sex, abortion, women, God, anything really.

Comment

• In Alcoholics Anonymous they suggest that you don't act like a complete douchebag about booze, because nobody wants to be admonished about their drinking from somebody who hates to drink.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• As BK likes to point out, laboratory conditions for condom failure don't match real world experiences. While abstinence has a theoretical 100% success rate, for some reason, couples that practice abstinence only are more likely to have a pregnancy than those who use condoms.
                            Well seeing as the condom users have all commented, abstinence has been 100 percent effective for me.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              You didn't waste any time after the fall of the USSR.
                              We almost didn't go, because the failed coup with Yeltsin on the tank happened couple of months before we were supposed to go over. Things calmed down enough and we went after all

We were partnered up with an English-language magnet school in Tver. Their (upper-crusty English accented) English was excellent. I stayed with a family for 1 night. The father (50s - 60s?) spoke broken English. Everyone younger was fluent. They put us to shame.

-Arrian

Comment

• I've (or my partner) have used contraceptives my whole life except for about 3 months.
                                Guess when my daughter was conceived? Don't think too hard about it Ben.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X