Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different ball game.
    GOP no backsies.
    President endorses Kamala Harris to lead Democratic ticket just four months before November election
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe Joe can have some fun with his new Supreme Court granted powers in the next few months.
      Maybe, 'No Secret Service protection for convicted felons, except for house arrest', or 'Presidents are allowed to serve three terms - Obama '24.'

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

I suspect the VP candidate with the last name Penis has long since changed their name after a few disappointments at the polls.
    Did they change it to one of these?:

Congressman Dick Swett
    Mayor Harry Baals
    Senator Tiny Kox
    Senator Dick Mountjoy
    Or perhaps it was former speaker John Boehner
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I support Jimmy Carter for Vice President.
      "

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Nick Carter for VP! Not a politician, and he's been accused of rape... might split the pro-rapist vote.

• Lorizael
        Lorizael commented
        Editing a comment
        Pfft, it should be Nick Saban. A proven winner, but still a bit of a jackass.

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

I take that back - Biden showing he's not completely lost his marbles after all!

The Dems are back in the game - the question remains: Can they still **** it up and are Americans in general still stupid enough to vote in Trump...?
      Train wrecks do tend to be more hilarious from the outside eh? Maybe this election helps me understand how brexit must've felt for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        • Uncle Sparky
          Maybe Joe can have some fun with his new Supreme Court granted powers in the next few months.
          Maybe, 'No Secret Service protection for convicted felons, except for house arrest', or 'Presidents are allowed to serve three terms - Obama '24.'
        ​

Comment

• The byline for election news headings can how be "The prosecutor vs the felon"
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• these campaigns are awful

both people are saying the other is the worst or best

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Train wrecks do tend to be more hilarious from the outside eh? Maybe this election helps me understand how brexit must've felt for you.
              Brexit:
              - Took away my ability to work in continental Europe (who were my largest clients for six years between 2012 and 2018). Not a straightforward 'ban', but the time and costs associated with cross-border working became too excessive and jobs relocated to Europe (which I could not do). This reduced my earning opportunities (i.e. demand / number or roles) and reduced my earnable income.
              - Destroyed the value of my assets by 10-15% due to exchange rate losses on GB based assets. Although it was economically sensible to move to Canada post-Brexit (and prior to that closer to neutral economically), I was considerably asset poorer than I would have been but for Brexit.

From a personal perspective. **** Brexit. It's cost me hundreds of thousands of pounds.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• xpost

Kamala Harris has paid tribute to Joe Biden's "unmatched" legacy in her first speech since he pulled out of the election, as Nancy Pelosi backed her to run for president.

Comment

• USA Today called America 'worst reality TV show in the world'

​because how can you separate American democracy from America and judge one but not the other

It's been a crazy few weeks in American politics, including an assassination attempt and now an incumbent president dropping his reelection bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Brexit:
                    - Took away my ability to work in continental Europe (who were my largest clients for six years between 2012 and 2018). Not a straightforward 'ban', but the time and costs associated with cross-border working became too excessive and jobs relocated to Europe (which I could not do). This reduced my earning opportunities (i.e. demand / number or roles) and reduced my earnable income.
                    - Destroyed the value of my assets by 10-15% due to exchange rate losses on GB based assets. Although it was economically sensible to move to Canada post-Brexit (and prior to that closer to neutral economically), I was considerably asset poorer than I would have been but for Brexit.

From a personal perspective. **** Brexit. It's cost me hundreds of thousands of pounds.
                    you didn't have a right to work in europe

be thankful for the privilege

Comment

• FBI Director Christopher Wray raised the possibility that Donald Trump was not hit by a bullet. The Trump campaign is blasting the claim. "Anyone who believes this conspiracy bull**** is either mentally deficient or willfully peddling falsehoods," a campaign spokesman says. Meanwhile, a newly-emerged video shows the first time a local SWAT team and Secret Service agents entered the building from which eight shots were fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Brexit:

we're on the same page I think. I think the US 2024 presidential election and Brexit are both train wrecks. The only thing that US might have going for it is that a second Trump Term might be brief and less destructive than his first term and Harris might turn out to be more competent than her service as vice president has seemingly revealed her to be.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wasn't Harris the one that made Kavanaugh cry at his nomination hearing? Men shouldn't be judges- too emotional.

• Trump was just endorsed by a coalition of national police unions.

Trump is a convicted felon whose insurrection sent 149 cops to the hospital. Around 1,230 people have been hit with federal crimes for Trump’s insurrection. Some 730 have pleaded guilty, while approximately 170 people were convicted of at least one charge at trials decided by a jury or judge, according to an Associated Press database. Only two defendants were cleared of all charges.
                        ​
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                          Trump was just endorsed by a coalition of national police unions.

Trump is a convicted felon whose insurrection sent 149 cops to the hospital. Around 1,230 people have been hit with federal crimes for Trump’s insurrection. Some 730 have pleaded guilty, while approximately 170 people were convicted of at least one charge at trials decided by a jury or judge, according to an Associated Press database. Only two defendants were cleared of all charges.
                          ​
                          Are there national police union political endorsements in Canada?

Comment

Working...
                          X