Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    Jan 6 was a set up, yes. Ray Epps and his crew and the Democrat's lack of security was by design.

All total BS.
    You sound like a maga loyalist. Keep watching those videos.

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Adam Schiff and his donors spent $35m to help Republican Steve Garvey defeat Democrats in the California open primary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        Adam Schiff and his donors spent $35m to help Republican Steve Garvey defeat Democrats in the California open primary.
        At least let us know who he is?
        Here!
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• True old school power play that guarantees Schiff a Senate seat, as CA is pretty deep blue. Just basic hardball politics.​
          Schiff was ahead in the polls and he'd much rather face any Republican (Garvey is nothing notable as a politician) than another strong D candidate like Katie Porter.
          Lots of Dems are pretty pissed at the waste of resources.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Schiff is the German word for ship. It's true.

Blah

Comment

• privileged white man denies heroic black woman senate seat in Wokeville

Comment

• Q When it comes to the National Guard statement about having 10,000 troops or any other number of troops, do you recall any discussion prior to the 6th about whether and how many National Guard troops to deploy on January 6th?

A I do recall a conversation, I believe, it was with Mr. Meadows and the mayor, Mayor Bowser. I remember he had -- he was on the phone with her, and we -- I had walked in for something, and I was there, and he was on the phone with her and wanted to make sure she had everything that she needed. Because I think it was the concern of anti and pro groups clashing is what I recall. And not anywhere near the Capitol, this was just out on the mall area or at the event; and wanted to know if she need any more guardsmen. And I remember the number 10,000 coming up of, you know, the President wants to make sure that you have enough. You know, he is willing to ask for 10,000.

I remember that number. Now that you said it, it reminded me of it. And that she was all set. She had, I think it was like 350 or so for intersection control and those types of thing not in the law enforcement capacity at the time. And then that's the only thing I recall with that number 10,000 National Guard guardsmen.

p78

Q I just want to be clear that the Mayor Bowser's response to the -- how would you describe it? Was it an offer of National Guard, or an inquiry about whether she needed additional National Guard?

A From what I remember, it was the Chief just checking in with the Mayor, are you all set? Do you have everything you need type of thing? We can book to do the -- if you need more -- I know, I think the request was, like I said, 350 or so. But if you need more, the President threw out a number of 10,000. I just heard the Chief's conversation, but that's what it sounded to be. I just had heard his side obviously.

Q Right. And there wasn't any step taken after that? It sounded like chief from the -- from what you described earlier, the Chief said, We are all set. And did that seem to end this idea of this number that you said was thrown out there of 10,000 troops?

A Yes. Yes.

p83

Q Did you learn of any of the planning or coordinating that was going on to prepare for January 6th?

A The only thing I remember with DOD and the National Guard was even though the Mayor didn't want any more National Guard in D.C., that a request was made to have kind of a, lack of better term, a quick reaction force out at Joint Base Andrews being that it was a military installation. I remember Chief Meadows talking to DOD about that, I believe, I remember Chief Meadows letting me know that, Hey, there was going to be National Guard that's going to be at Joint Base Andrews in case they're going to need some more, we're going to -- the Mayor would need any, we're going to make sure they're out there.

Q Was it your sense that that request, that QRF request was made, had been previously made, or that had been made by Chief Meadows?

A My assumption was it was made by Chief Meadows. I don't know who else would have made that.

p87

Q And apart from that conversation that you overheard with Mayor Bowser and Chief Meadows, you did not learn of any other additional efforts or order regarding 10,000 troops?

A No, not 10,000 troops, no.

p92

​​​​​​https://cha.house.gov/_cache/files/3....ornato-ti.pdf

This was from the J6C kangaroo court... Democrats refused to protect the capital

Comment

• And it was Maga that did the invading... But feel free to blame the insurrection on anybody else except for the people that actually planned it and did it.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Berzerker
                    Berzerker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    they're in jail, they've been held accountable... The Democrats have not and the Republicans don't seem to care - everyone's friends in the swamp

• Let me throw my two cents on the fan of your politics:

Comment

• Go, Johnny, go!!!

Comment

• Leonid pales in comparison.

Comment

• Stupid suckers!!!

Comment

• Looks they vote in Russia these days too. Or rather "vote".

As Russians prepare to give the president another six-year term this week, an ex-rival has gone from protest candidate to grotesque war hawk
                          Blah

Comment

• Berzerker
                            Berzerker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Is that Luke Harding's Guardian?

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Watching freshman AL Sen. Katie Britt doing the GOP response to Biden's SOTU speech. Virtually zero actual reference or counterpoint to the actual content of Biden's speech. This was a pure "moms and kids" American dream appeal, all with a big stage smile and cross neckace (no lapel flag). Clearly she was chosen to address Trump's very serious problem with women voters.

If her speech flies, there's a good chance she will be the choice for VP. Because it sure looks like this was an audition - sort of a nod to Obama, who rose from "young party hotshot in the spotlight" to POTUS based on a similar high-profile speech (his was Dem convention, 2004). FWIW, I was not impressed.

I thought Biden held up pretty well under a lot of pressure.
                          There seem to be a couple probs with Katie Britt's stuff, namely that several things she made Biden responsible for did neither happen during his presidency nor even in the US.

Alabama Sen. Katie Britt graphically described a woman’s story of being “sex trafficked by the cartels starting at age 12,” during the Republican response to the State of the Union address on Thursday, using the story as an anecdote of, what she calls, President Joe Biden’s failed immigration policies. But the story she seemed to be describing didn’t take place during Biden’s time as president or vice president nor did it happen in the United States.

Blah

Comment

• John Barnett had worked for Boeing for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017.

In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company.

Boeing said it was saddened to hear of Mr Barnett's passing.

Comment

Working...
                            X