Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCarthy is gone
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66990984
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      And he said he would not run again for speaker.

• Again Berz... blame the guy who actually invaded... oh that's right, it's not Russia's fault at all
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rep Jamaal Bowman, the insurrectionist who disrupted official congressional business by pulling a fire alarm wants us to think it was an accident... Bowman was a school teacher where fire alarms abound

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        Surely the biggest issue in DC.

• My understanding is that it was:
      1. A different building, which Bowman was in and was trying to leave quickly to get to the House to be there for the vote. So the motivation of 'disrupting the vote' doesn't make sense.
      2. Caused by opening a door that shouldn't be opened, and not from pulling a fire alarm. He probably should have seen some sign that said 'do not open, alarm will sound' but it is the sort of thing that someone might miss when they are in a rush.
      So right now, I don't think this is serious. But I would be happy to read some police report.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• that aint a problem if he opened a door that triggered the alarm

Comment

• Yeah, I guess I am currently waiting to see if it was pulling an alarm like the first reports (which, could be an accident, but probably isn't) or opening a wrong door in a rush which is much more likely an accident.

Maybe it would be the House ethics committee that would report on it and not the capital police.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I dont think he meant anything malicious, he might have tried to open a door and when it didn't cooperate he pulled the fire alarm thinking it was a door release

Comment

• That wouldn't make sense if it was one of those red boxes with a handle on the wall (Which was implied by a picture and statement over the weekend ). But if it was a red bar across a door... I started pushing on one of those once.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                That wouldn't make sense if it was one of those red boxes with a handle on the wall (Which was implied by a picture and statement over the weekend ). But if it was a red bar across a door... I started pushing on one of those once.

JM
                You're an insurrectionist also aaaahhhhhhh!
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• House removes McCarthy from speaker 216-210

Sen Cornyn (R-TX) called it a terrorist attack

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    House removes McCarthy from speaker 216-210

Sen Cornyn (R-TX) called it a terrorist attack
                    First ever, congratulations to McCarthy on the historic event.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• sadly he could (will) win again, I dont think the House rules Gaetz et al got put in place prevents him from running again

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        McCarthy announced he won't seek to be Speaker again. White nationalist Steve Scalise and locker-room rape enabler Jim Jordan have hats in the ring.

Fun fact: The speaker of the House does not have to be an elected member of the House, so of course there are now rumblings about handing it to Trump. You may recall that the Donald actually did get some votes during McCarthy's 15-ballot speakership balloting.
                        Another fun fact: Under Rule 26(a) of the House Republican Conference rules for the 118th Congress, adopted this year, Republicans cannot have as part of their leadership team a person who has been “indicted for a felony for which a sentence of two or more years imprisonment may be imposed.” (Of course, it's a GOP rule, so the GOP can change it or possibly just ignore it.)

But unless Trump can see a way for it keep him out of court/jail, he would probably (and correctly) consider it a demotion and beneath him.

• Matt Gaetz is my hero for the month

Comment

• Trump decides to play kingmaker and endorses the wrestling rape enabler (and Home Trump boootlicker) for Speaker.

Perspective from historian Heather Cox Richardson:

Trump today endorsed Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH) for the speakership. There is an important history to this endorsement. On January 11, 2021—five days after the attack on the U.S. Capitol and the attempt of some Republican lawmakers to overturn the lawful results of the 2020 presidential election—Trump awarded Jordan the Medal of Freedom without a real explanation of why he deserved it.

On January 6, 2021, then-Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) told Jordan to get away from her because “You f*ck*ng did this!”​
                        Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 6, 2023, 10:10.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• both parties challenge and deny election results, in 2016 Trump was met by a riot and decertification efforts in Congress

Comment

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That you would equate those things shows just how deranged you have become.

• Berzerker
                            Berzerker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            wasn't equating anything just pointing out how both parties riot and deny election results

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Quod erat demonstrandum
                        Working...
                        X