Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself... Marsha Marsha Marsha keeps hitting herself, first the pipeline and now the Kremlin
    Is this a response to BlackCat's video?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I would bet money Russia did the fake drone attack. At least some faction inside Russia. It was extremely minor so it could have been a home made symbolic stunt.
      Last edited by Dinner; May 6, 2023, 22:50.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

I'm surprised it aint blocking everyone's view

The moral high ground is not a geographic location and visible from around the world. If you lived in the Donbas in 2014 when the man you elected was driven from office by a right wing coup and Azov showed up to shell your town would you join them in their righteous cause?
        I would not recognize seceeding from Ukraine as any kind of moral high ground in response to the coup. I would recognize the paramilitaries seizing public buildings and seceeding in my and my neighbor's names in response to the coup as the problem. I would not regard the Ukrainian coup headed government paramilitaries that were sent to fight the separatist paramilitaries as the problem. I would certainly regard the Russian FSB carpetbaggers who took over the separatist leadership as a problem as well.

Maybe it's not the donbas but your hatred if neocons and their agendas that is really blocking your view?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
          Many armchair generals may disagree on this, but hey, the guy is a army guy that specialize in the subject so he may have a point.

There doesn't seem to be much coverage in Russia about this, and it makes Ukraine look strong:

Ukraine’s air force claims to have downed a Russian hypersonic missile over Kyiv using newly acquired American Patriot defense systems, the first known time the country has been able to intercept one of Moscow’s most modern missiles. Air Force commander Mykola Oleshchuk said in a Telegram post that the Kinzhal-type ballistic missile had been intercepted in an early-morning attack on the Ukrainian capital earlier in the week. It was also the first time Ukraine is known to have used the Patriot defense systems. The United States, Germany and the Netherlands have provided Ukraine with Patriot missiles.

Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBMan View Post

There doesn't seem to be much coverage in Russia about this, and it makes Ukraine look strong:

Ukraine’s air force claims to have downed a Russian hypersonic missile over Kyiv using newly acquired American Patriot defense systems, the first known time the country has been able to intercept one of Moscow’s most modern missiles. Air Force commander Mykola Oleshchuk said in a Telegram post that the Kinzhal-type ballistic missile had been intercepted in an early-morning attack on the Ukrainian capital earlier in the week. It was also the first time Ukraine is known to have used the Patriot defense systems. The United States, Germany and the Netherlands have provided Ukraine with Patriot missiles.

Perun has a nice little video about these thingies.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Wagner says they got more ammo, so they are staying.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• LOL! That is twice he did that now.

Comment

• Most of what comes out of Prigozin's mouth is posturing and noise and shouldn't be taken at face value.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• The President of Ukraine was at the International Criminal Court in The Hague. Right in the building making a case against Russia... Putin needs to go there to set the record straight. Under oath. In a glass booth for his safety.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Wondering if it's still worth reading Tolstoy's "Special Military Operation and Peace"
                      Blah

Comment

• The book was great but took forever to read. I spent a good amount of 2000 in Kosovo reading it in-between doing my duties with the peace keeping force KFOR. Actually well written in a way you never could have done during the communist period so, yes, the Tsars were better than the Soviets. Communists are always evil repressive ****s.

Comment

• 1.) Prigozhin whines about ammunition
                          2.) Drone explodes over Kremlin
                          3.) Ammunition promised

Gotta love Russian Politics....
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                            I would not recognize seceeding from Ukraine as any kind of moral high ground in response to the coup. I would recognize the paramilitaries seizing public buildings and seceeding in my and my neighbor's names in response to the coup as the problem. I would not regard the Ukrainian coup headed government paramilitaries that were sent to fight the separatist paramilitaries as the problem. I would certainly regard the Russian FSB carpetbaggers who took over the separatist leadership as a problem as well.

Maybe it's not the donbas but your hatred if neocons and their agendas that is really blocking your view?
                            Right wing nationalists intent on culturally cleansing society of diversity kill a bunch of people to topple the man you elected and they show up to shell your town and you dont have a problem with them? Say it aint so... Since you've blamed your neighbors would you join Azov when they showed up? You are blaming your neighbors, right? You act as if they supported the coup and were replaced by Russian pod people.

The people of the Donbas supported Minsk, they supported more autonomy. Considering the nature of Azov and their allied nationalists a 'free' Donbas would have been a sanctuary for Ukrainians fleeing persecution. Yeah, thats the moral high ground. And I dont think you'd react to that by blaming your neighbors. I think you would have called for peace and agreed to support Minsk or some variation. The people behind the coup are responsible, not their victims, not your neighbors.

Comment

• What is so hard to understand about an elected parliament voting to impeach an authoritarian President is not a coup?

Yes...there was a protest...yes it got violent in some but not all cases. That happens a lot. That did not oust the President. Parliament, acting under their constitutional authority, ousted the President.

Citizens in Donbass rebelled against the legitimate government after meeting with Russian diplomats. The legitimate government sent troops to quell an insurrection on their sovereign territory. That should have been the end of it.

Then you have "little green men" starting to appear everywhere and THEN people really began to die.

Conspiracy theories and root cause actions are easy to speculate about and twist evidence to meet desired "facts", but the record is clear. The elected representatives of Ukraine, acting under the will of the majority of the people and the Constitution of Ukraine, replaced their President.

Putin was butt hurt they didn't love him so he decided to kill or rule them. Pretty clear how pissed he was when you see them executing people in the street and bombing apartment buildings.

It is ridiculous to keep spouting off about moronic Russian propaganda as if it was truth.

Putin is a murderer, a megalomaniac, and a wanted war criminal. Those are the realities.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• 1/ Rampant corruption is reported to have rendered Russia's ballistic missile early warning system virtually useless. Scams by contractors are said to have led to unsuitable foreign-made components being used on a wide scale.​
                                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• pchang
                                  pchang commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Lucky for them, no one wants to nuke them.
                              Working...
                              X