Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Thfread
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; June 24, 2023, 15:39.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I thought Lukashenko was Russia's puppet. Now he looks like the only guy who gained something out of this charade

Both Putin and Prigo-Man flipflopped.
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBMan View Post
        I thought Lukashenko was Russia's puppet. Now he looks like the only guy who gained something out of this charade

Both Putin and Prigo-Man flipflopped.
        If a second front now opens from Belarus I'll return to viewing him as a puppet.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          Kiev is a fairly short drive from the Belarus border. Could the revolt have been a ruse?

• Unlikely, a dozen or so Russian soldiers were killed and whats the point? But I cant help thinking Prig is following Putin's instructions for some ulterior motive.

Belarus is the staging ground for the Russian troops who retreated from Kiev at the end of Mar '22

Comment

• maybe 20 dead and a dozen helos shot down, wtf is it all about, Alfie

Comment

• It's all part of Putin's masterplan.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	meant_to_do_that.gif
Views:	142
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	9459476
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• In hindsight it seems clear Prigo's little adventure had no chance to succeed when he labelled it "march for justice", which is in low supply in Russia for a looong time.

But at least we've seen what kind of "strongman" Putin really is.
              Blah

Comment

• He did manage to prevent the dissolution of Wagner, even if in a very convoluted way. Any wagnerites who didn't want to be signed over to the Russian armed forces now have the option of relocating to Belarus.

I also highly doubt they'll try invading from Belarus again, they don't have the element of surprise, most of the ways have been thoroughly mined, and a lot of bridges have been blown up.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Apparently all criminal investigations have been closed and all charges officially dropped.

There are also rumors -- RUMORS -- that certain high ranking members of Wagner may soon become high ranking members of MoD.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Russia bombs pizza place "filled with officers", award-winning Ukrainian author investigating war crimes dies.

Victoria Amelina, an award-winning writer, was in a pizza restaurant that was hit by a Russian missile.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Interesting developments. Russia, it appears, is launching its own limited offensive in the east...and are gaining some ground. Simultaneously, Ukraine is also gaining ground in the east. Russia's Offensive seems to be concentrated north of Bakhmut and Ukraine's to the south. Looks like Russia may have some decent intel on where Ukraine is starting to concentrate forces and are attacking into the perceived gaps. Both sides now seem to be gaining ground. The question now becomes...who is gaining a strategic advantage?
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• From what I've been reading, Russian advances in northern Lugansk have been going on since the winter at least, but are very small, especially compared to what Ukraine has achieved in the last couple of weeks around Bakhmut and in the south.

It also seems that the northern Lugansk front is moving slowly again due to influx of fresh troops on the Russian side, with some people suggesting they are troops that used to be deployed along the lower Dnieper and were withdrawn after the Kakhovka
                        dam was blown.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• In other news, it looks like Russia stockpiled a lot of gold in the UK before the war, and has been selling it to Swiss gold refineries in greatly increasing amounts since then, sidestepping Swiss laws forbidding import of Russian gold since "it is coming from the UK"

Since the start of Russia’s war on Ukraine, 75 tonnes of gold of Russian origin have ended up in Swiss gold refineries, media reports reveal.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• There's reporting that Ukraine is recovering a number Leopards and Bradleys lost in a minefield in June in that failed attack (south IIRC?).

If confirmed, isn't this kinda unfair? Russia has not recovered so many vehicles yet, even gave many to Ukraine out of pure fairness! But of course some were stolen by tractor-equipped Ukrainians. Typical Satan
                            Last edited by BeBMan; July 4, 2023, 11:16. Reason: yes
                            Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBMan View Post
                              There's reporting that Ukraine is recovering a number Leopards and Bradleys lost in a minefield in June in that failed attack (south IIRC?).

If confirmed, isn't this kinda unfair? Russia has not recovered so many vehicles yet, even gave many to Ukraine out of pure fairness! But of course some were stolen by tractor-equipped Ukrainians. Typical Satan
                              I think it's a difference in design concepts. Leopards and Bradleys are built to clear several mines with the same personnel (although with some repairs between the clearings) where russian tanks are built to clear one mine each - that way they are able to reduce the cost of repair.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X