Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still better not to get it at all, but:

Most people who have had Covid-19 are protected from catching it again for at least five months, a study led by Public Health England shows.

Past infection was linked to around a 83% lower risk of getting the virus, compared with those who had never had Covid-19, scientists found.

But experts warn some people do catch Covid-19 again - and can infect others.

And officials stress people should follow the stay-at-home rules - whether or not they have had the virus.

(snipsnap)
    But researchers warn there is still a risk of catching and passing the virus on to others again.
    Blah

Comment

• True dat... and it will be nice to soon have a government that understands the basics... unlike the current Bozo's
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Comment

• US COVID-19 deaths now at 399,822
          Put it another way: Wichita, KS = GONE

Another million cases ever 4 days.
          Trump? In his bunker, plotting revenge. What a leader!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            You seem to be averaging around 4,000 deaths per day. I'm sure all Americans are wearing masks when in groups, staying home unless absolutely necessary, and following Dr. Fauci's other advice.

• While you were barking on us for being the first to invent the cure, our caravan is still going, unlike yours.

Stupid, brainwashed Yanks!

Comment

• A land of zombies!

Comment

• Have another drink, Serb. Maybe you'll be inspired to come up with some fresh material to rant with.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I am stable for 20 years, because the only material I have at my disposal is truth!

Comment

• Just remember Serb... while your material may be truth in your mind, Spam is defined by what is in my mind
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hey, it's Friday afternoon in America, which means it's time for a drunken Russian to vent his spleen.
                    I'm OK with that. Just wish he could put together more than one sentence before hitting Post.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      US COVID-19 deaths now at 399,822
                      Put it another way: Wichita, KS = GONE

Another million cases ever 4 days.
                      Trump? In his bunker, plotting revenge. What a leader!
                      Leaving office with 400k deaths - to a large degree due to a failed response of his admin - after babbling of stopping "American carnage" in his inaug. adress: the legacy of Trump, now crowned by the tragic eventsof the last days.

Nobody could have known in 2016 how it would all end, but we certainly did know what a type of guy he is, as there was plenty of his "character" on display before.

It would be absurdly funny if it wasn't so sad, both because of the loss of life, and because of the shape he leaves the country in.

Blah

Comment

• After all you could say about BoJo's Covid response it seems the UK is doing rather well on the vaccination front.

In other Covid news I read in Kraut media the Biontech/Pfizer vacc can soon be transported for several hours at "only" 2-8 degrees C, certainly a major improvement over the ultra-cool storage required earlier.
                        Blah

Comment

• That is partly because BoJo was willing to give pharma companies waivers of liability in the even these vaccines had unknown side effects - the government will pick up the tab. Compared to Europe which has more of a 'Are you sure it's safe?' approach.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Yeah. The promise here is that everyone gets an offer to be vacc-ed throughout this year, until summer possibly.

Let's see...

Blah

Comment

• What a strain! England, South Africa, Nigeria, Brazil... everyone wants their own mutation.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X