No announcement yet.

Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cases... More Deaths... Vaccine delivery too slow and not coordinated... while the president does nothing but whine about twitter and the loss of his golf tournament... in other words, just more of the same.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• CoViD-19 now has made the jump from humans to other apes.

2 Gorillas in a zoo in San Diego have tested positive for CoViD-19.

The surge of Covid-19 in California has just gotten even worse, after at least two gorillas at the San Diego Zoo became infected with Covid-19, the zoo and Gov. Gavin Newsom said Monday.

Seems like people now also need to take precautions so that other apes (at least those with strong genetic similarity ot humans ... gorillas, bonobos, chimpanzees) get protected from contracting CoViD-19
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Meanwhile the 2nd representative, Pramila Jayapal, has been tested positive for CoViD-19,
        after during the Capitol attack, she was locked into the safe room together with republicans who refused to wear masks and mocked staffers who offered them masks to wear.

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
          Husband on leash breached Quebec's Covid curfew

A couple in Canada have been fined for breaking Covid curfew rules after the woman was caught "walking" her husband on a leash, according to local media.

The woman reportedly told police that she was just out "walking her dog" near their home in the city of Sherbrooke, in Quebec province.

On Saturday the province imposed a nightly curfew between 20:00 and 05:00.

Walking a dog close to home is one of the only acceptable reasons to be outside between those times.

The pair were spotted by police at around 9pm on Saturday night, just a short while after the new rules came into effect.

They reportedly told police that they were following the rule for pets. Isabelle Gendron, of the Sherbrooke Police Department, told the local newspaper La Tribune the couple "did not co-operate with the police at all".

They were each fined CA$1,546 ($1,212; £893).

Police across Quebec issued 750 tickets for violations during the first weekend of the curfew.

Canada has seen a recent surge in Covid-19 infections, nearing 670,000 total cases since the pandemic began.

On Monday Quebec's premier François Legault called on residents to respect social distancing rules, saying "I know it's difficult, but Quebeckers are able to work as a team when necessary."

He warned that the situation in the province's largest city Montreal was "really critical" and said hospitals were nearing the point where they would not be able to treat all patients.
          Canadian police fined the couple, who were trying to exploit curfew rules that allow dog-walking.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• They reportedly told police that they were following the rule for pets.
            Very creative
            Blah

Comment

• Well, what else could she do?
              Let her husband pee/defecate in the apartment?

Comment

• I could watch videos of all these cosplaytriots and Gravy Seals bawling their eyed out about how unfair it is they got put on the no-fly list after they committed domestic terrorism for hours on end.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Thoth
                  Thoth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The interview with the clueless woman who got tear gassed is pure comedy gold.

• Originally posted by BBC
                Covid: 2020 saw most excess deaths since World War Two

The Covid pandemic has caused excess deaths to rise to their highest level in the UK since World War Two.

There were close to 697,000 deaths in 2020 - nearly 85,000 more than would be expected based on the average in the previous five years.

This represents an increase of 14% - making it the largest rise in excess deaths for more than 75 years.

When the age and size of the population is taken into account, 2020 saw the worst death rates since the 2000s.

This measure - known as age-standardised mortality - takes into account population growth and age.

The data is only available until November - so the impact of deaths in December have not yet been taken into account - but it shows the death rate at that stage was at its highest in England since 2008.
                Last year saw 697,000 deaths registered in the UK - 14% above what would be expected.
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Has anyone an idea why Ireland suddenly has the world's most cases/day after it was doing pretty well for rather long?

Well, just found it really surprising...
                  Blah

Comment

• I blame Christmas.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Mental health has worsened among women more than among men because of the CCP virus.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                        Has anyone an idea why Ireland suddenly has the world's most cases/day after it was doing pretty well for rather long?

Well, just found it really surprising...
                        It's not because of Trump?

Comment

• Thx for highlighting mental health issues.
                          Blah

Comment

• Np. Why do you think women are having problems?

Comment

• Record cases and deaths continue in the US while Trump pouts and whines about twitter, youtube, losing his golf tournament, his banks turning their backs on him, Republicans turning their backs on him, and just everything else while ignoring the continued spread of the disease.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X