Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Sweden has herd immunity imo. They have had around 200 new cases per day for around 3 months now. The experts are wrong a lot on this because it's a novel virus. A large portion of the population is immune at default.
    Sweden is currently undergoing a massive covid wave. Apparently they were nowhere near herd immunity. Since last week they have 300 new cases per 100k population.Their deaths are also about 10x the other nordics. Apparently their economy also did worse then the other nordics this year.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Comment

• giblets I wonder what kind of substance those patients been taking for so long that their brains not working as intended.

Comment

• Gib's twitter stuff demonstrates what regular misinformation can do to ppl. It's sad to see that some never learn, not even when they're (possibly) going to die.
          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
            A celebration of Couch Potatoes.
            That's a good one indeed
            Blah

Comment

• Operation Warp Speed should be renamed "Trump Screws America Again and Again"
              Thanks to Trumps temper tantrum and his delusions that he won the election, his hindering of the transition of power, is also hindering setting up plans to distribute the vaccine.
              So not only did he totally fail on his handling of the pandemic, he is now totally failing on getting protection to Americans, and more people will die because of it.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He wants to sabotage Biden whatever way he can out of spite.

Comment

• He's acting like a spoiled child and doesn't give damn about Americans, only himself
                  Cases and deaths are on the rise in all 50 states, and he continues to do nothing but pout.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He’s not even acting out, he was always a spoilt brat of a child who never learnt how to deal with not getting his own way at any point of his life. Or for being able to see anything from anyone’s point of view but his own.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• And wtf El Paso? That many cases, hospitalisations and deaths and no sign of a shut down.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
                        pchang commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Judge tried, but was sued and lost.

• 250,000+ Americans die of COVID-19. Ex-President Trump calls on Georgia to stop/ or start phony vote recount. Winning!
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Ted Striker
                        Ted Striker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At this point will surpass WW2 deaths, the only question is how fast.

• Trump has no time for Covid because he has to spend all his precious time for important presidential activities like twittering or firing officials for doing their jobs and/or telling the truth about it.
                      Blah

Comment

• Good news is apparently Trump can’t fire enough people at the Pentagon to find a yes man. Maybe calling them “suckers and losers” was a bad move to court the military leadership?

Trump's own newly appointed Pentagon chief also expressed support for this mutual endeavor. With just over two months likely left for the administration, Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller spoke Friday with his German counterpart Kramp-Karrenbauer in order "to underscore the United States' strong and enduring commitment to U.S.-Germany ties and the transatlantic relationship," according to a Pentagon readout.

"The leaders agreed on the importance of strengthening the U.S.-Germany defense relationship," the readout continued. "Acting Secretary Miller and Minister Kramp-Karrenbauer reaffirmed their commitment to cooperation on issues of mutual strategic importance, including increased burden sharing, promoting security and stability in the Middle East, and countering malign influence in Europe and beyond."
                        Biden will reverse the pullout from Germany. I don’t know how the average German feels about these moves, but I feel the US-EU alliance is a cornerstone for keeping peace throughout Europe and North America, along with defending democracy worldwide, and Germany is the heart of it.

A German official told Newsweek that the decision to pull 12,000 troops and relocate a military headquarters would be extremely costly "so, a reversal of the decision would first and foremost be seen as something that simply makes sense."
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• BeBMan
                          BeBMan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Politically, you have both those who want them out, and those who want them to stay. I dunno how this breaks down into numbers, but I don't see a large-scale mood to end US presence. Beyond that, the local folks in areas with US troops see them usually as positive economy-wise, certainly not the main reason to have troops abroad, but a factor nonetheless.

• Dinner
                          Dinner commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The US and EU do not have an alliance. We have an alliance with the NATO members. There are some EU members who aren’t in NATO and several NATO members who are not in the EU.

• Ted Striker
                          Ted Striker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You're technically correct but the overlap and cultural alliance is already there at a level outside of formal military treaties. The trade networks alone are a big reason for keeping the peace, along with the shared respect for Democracy (excluding NATO member Turkey, who has been rejected by the EU multiple times for obvious reasons of being douchebags).

• In other news, Florida and Texas are refusing any additional lockdowns. Florida seems hopeless. Can we sell it already? Or just pay someone to take it ? Maybe take Trump’s Mexico wall money and block off Florida instead?

You can have even more fun by reading the comments, and you can rate the quality. I gave it a “very toxic” score lol. But good to see into the minds of the rightie drones.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ameri...more-lockdowns

We are all going to end up exposed to this sooner or later, and most of us are going to catch it in one form or another.
                        Checking in from Florida. Haven’t often worn a mask except around my mom who has COPD since the outbreak and a few other select exceptions. If a store has made it mandatory I bounce. Love Florida. Love my Governor.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• BlackCat
                          BlackCat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Maybe Cuba could be interested in Florida

• Kidlicious
                          Kidlicious commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Probably because lockdowns don't work.

• Ted Striker
                          Ted Striker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think that's a perfect idea, BlackCat

• Haven't found the right Christmas/Chanukah gift for that antivaxx friend or relative? Here is a worthy idea...

Spoiler:

My sister and I used to exchange goats every Christmas through the Manitoba Mennonite Central Committee. (Neither of us are Mennonite, but they have a nearly zero overhead organization, so over 90% of the money you send them actually goes to the cause you stipulate).
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          How many goats do you have now?

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Most ended up in Africa, with a few in Haiti. Not enough for total domination... yet!
                      Working...
                      X