No announcement yet.

Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US may continue to suffer from Covid-19, but it looks like they are rounding the turn on POTUS-45
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Friday 11/6

New cases: 132,540
      New deaths: 1,248

Total American Covid-19 deaths: 242,417 -- basically wiping out the equivalent of Norfolk, VA.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        If the deaths were all concentrated in 1 area, would we take it more or less seriously?

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        That would make the cause finite and addressable, so I would think more people would take it more seriously.

• Shortly after being elected president Biden single-handedly invented a vaccine

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/09/h...ive/index.html
      Last edited by BeBMan; November 9, 2020, 12:31.
      Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        That's why he was hiding in his basement. Good thing he wasn't out golfing.

• BeBMan
        BeBMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesn't seem so sleepy if he pulled this off *and* found the time to steal a few gazillion votes in between....

• I'm gwtting all out from the quarantine.

baking apple pies for girls, having walk outs in the park with other girls.

anyway quarantine is unbearable without girls

(and vodka and coca cola)

But I just want the one

Comment

• dammit

darn the quarantine

Type O Negative's video for 'My Girlfriend's Girlfriend' off the album October Rust - available now on Roadrunner Records. Download now on iTunes: http://sm...

Comment

• Truely, I said to the french girl, you are not careful.

You gotta be careful and (some greek names) are.

You have to be careful

it's a war we must win

Comment

• I love France and your'e one of the most beautiful girls out there

But PROTECT THE LAND

(make fun of me I don't care I'm happy as a 2 year old paiktis watching a church from his grandparents 5 store balcony)

Comment

• Trump WH may begin to count who didn't get Covid to makes things easier:

Ben Carson is the latest Trump official to test positive for coronavirus
              Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson tested positive for coronavirus on Monday, his deputy chief of staff Coalter Baker confirmed to CNN.

Blah

Comment

• And while we reach record numbers of cases and deaths...
                Trump sulks at his golf course. He probably thinks that is leadership.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Ted Striker
                  Ted Striker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  7 days in a row of 100,000 infections and almost every state listed as "out of control"

• Tuesday 11/10

New cases: 142,212 -- 7-day moving average: 124,566/day
                New deaths: 1,465 -- 7-day moving average: 1,041/day

Total American Covid-19 deaths: 246,020

BTW, per MIT, if you think you've been exposed, the optimal wait before testing is 5-7 days for >95% accuracy with the standard PCR test.

(Last Thursday, I attended a memorial service for a friend. Outdoors with good masking and decent social distancing, but over the course of 3 hours, plenty of room for error. I take this stuff seriously, so I went for a test today.)
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Remember Trumps now famous and often memed childish rant... COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID...

At a rally in Florida two days before Election Day, he claimed that efforts to contain the virus in states with Democratic governors would be eased once the election was over and that news coverage of the virus would similarly dissipate.

“You know what’s going to happen to [business closures]? On November 4th, the day after, they’re going to say, ‘All right, we’ll open up now,’ ” Trump said. “That’s why they’re locking down. But we’re going to have a safe vaccine that ends the pandemic. Without it, it’s rounding the — I say it’s — it drives them crazy. It’s rounding the turn. Because all they want to do, you turn and then there’s covid, covid, covid, covid, covid. We’d like to talk about covid, and then, next turn. Here’s what happens, November 4th, you won’t hear too much about it. You won’t hear too much about it.”

It is true that media coverage of the pandemic dropped a bit last week, a function of the increased coverage of the election and its aftermath. But coverage on the major cable news networks is by now back to where it was a month ago — with CNN and MSNBC spending more time on the subject than Fox News or sister network Fox Business.

Just another example of Trump living in his own delusional fantasy world.

Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, it's true that we're not hearing anything about it...from Trump.

Comment

• pchang
                      pchang commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Or Pence for that matter.

• Just broke 150,000+ today

Hold on fam.

Cavalry is on its way, just hold on.

Meanwhile our dumbass leader isn't do ONE DAMN THING
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, Trump's immune don't ya know. And he has a great plan to end COVID. I'm sure if he is crowned Emperor of America, he'll cure everyone. Would he lie?

• Shocking, shocking news. Who would have guessed?
                    "We just don't know if we're going to be able to leave the ship in Barbados," Sue Bryant, a cruise editor for the Sunday Times, who is currently on the ship, said.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Didn't Trump say that after the election nobody will talk about Covid? Are ppl doing it wrong? So many questions...
                      Last edited by BeBMan; November 13, 2020, 03:46. Reason: yes
                      Blah

Comment

Working...
                      X