Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pchang View Post

And maybe one day, you will realize that the quickest way to get back to normal is to wear masks, keep your distance, wash hands, and implement a comprehensive and consistent tests and and tracing operation.
    The media will just distract you with something else and you will fall for another hoax.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Yep... Only in Trumpland is a pandemic a hoax... that people dying is a hoax...
      But Trumpettes will believe any lie they are told.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
        Yep... Only in Trumpland is a pandemic a hoax... that people dying is a hoax...
        But Trumpettes will believe any lie they are told.
        Who said the pandemic is a hoax? Stop making things up.

Comment

• Kidlicious
          Kidlicious commented
          Editing a comment
          Well at first they said not to wear a mask. So which one was the hoax?

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Sometimes things change with new knowledge and evidence. Why can't you accept that?

• Kidlicious
          Kidlicious commented
          Editing a comment
          No. Why can't you accept evidence.

• The experts were learning at first... now they understand better. Unfortunately, Trump has learned nothing and Americans are still dying while he hosts Super Spreader Events....
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• JH gives 99k new US cases for Oct 30. Good that Trump ended this pandemic already.
          Blah

Comment

The experts were learning at first... now they understand better. Unfortunately, Trump has learned nothing and Americans are still dying while he hosts Super Spreader Events....
            You fall for anything. They thought the virus was worse when they told people not to wear masks. Then when they found out that it wasn't as bad they told people that they had to wear them.

Comment

• BTW, the study they did to prove that masks work is a hoax.

I'm not telling you not to wear a mask if that makes you feel better. But please don't keep falling for hoaxes. It's so bad.

Comment

• This is making international headlines, but not national headlines in the US because of the corrupt fake national news.

"Whistleblower says El Paso ambulances picking up COVID-19 patients from Juarez

by Erika Castillo
                Wednesday, October 28th 2020
                AA

Ambulance (credit: KFOX14/CBS4)<p>{/p}

EL PASO, Texas (KFOX14) — El Paso is making international headlines for the COVID-19 outbreak.

As emergency responders are being recognized across the nation, El Paso's first responders may be facing more danger from COVID-19 than anyone else.

El Paso firefighters in the trenches of the COVID-19 pandemic, cannot talk on the record about the number of people they are picking up every day from El Paso's international bridges.

But a whistleblower inside the fire department spoke to KFOX14 exclusively on condition of anonymity.

“There's somedays where it's only three or four times and other days when it will be 13 or 14 responses. You'll be there for one patient and [CBP] customs will let you know, hey there's another one right behind them and another one sometime there are four or five waiting in line,” said the anonymous source.

As a result of what appear to be escalating ambulance responses at the international bridges by the El Paso Fire Department, KFOX14’s source insists the city of El Paso is being left in a dangerously vulnerable position.

KFOX14 anchor Erika Castillo was at the Stanton Bridge in downtown El Paso when a firetruck picked up a person from Ciudad Juarez and crossed back to El Paso to send the person to the nearest hospital.

But doing so now at this point of overload on our rescue and hospital resources, may be leaving the city of El Paso in a dangerously vulnerable position.

“I don't want this to sound the wrong way because our job is to help people. That's why we do our job. That's why you leave your families to protect people. At the same time, we took an oath to protect the citizens and the city of El Paso. And multiple times in this pandemic we will be in a complete system overload where there are no rescues available. There are no ambulances available,” said the anonymous source.

No private companies are allowed to pick up the patients coming from Cd. Juarez at the international bridges.

Only the city's EMT’s are legally allowed to transport them. Who pays for that? And what happens when El Pasoans need those ambulances are questions KFOX14 is asking officials.

And why are those coming from Cd. Juarez not going to hospitals in Cd. Juarez?

“They'll give you different reasons, some of them will say they are scared because everyone dies at those hospitals. Some of them have told us the hospitals there won't let them in unless they can pay everything in advance,” said the anonymous source.

This seasoned El Paso firefighter chose to speak due to circumstances he feels now exposes the fire department and El Paso's precious rescue resources as well as the city of El Paso itself to what he believes is a critical COVID-19 reality.

“When our resources are going to the bridge it doesn’t seem like we are taking care of our city. It’s sad to say but right now with this stuff going on with our hospitals being overloaded. They've said you have to make tough decisions at this time. Hospitals are having to do it all the time. And that tough decision must be made as to what we are going to use our finite number of resources on,” said the anonymous source.

Officials with the El Paso Fire Department told KFOX14 the response times to the bridges are not out of the ordinary as compared to the summer months.

However, a deputy fire chief acknowledged that the 35 city ambulances are taking longer between COVID-19 calls due to EMT’s waiting for patients to be admitted at hospitals, and then the units having to be disinfected.

Fire department officials said when resources are low, deputy chiefs can reassign ambulances from other parts of town to areas where they are needed.

KFOX14 requested information to get more concrete answers, including how often the fire department is going to the international bridges, how long it's taking to handle those calls, and disinfect ambulances before they can be used again, and how our response times are being affected.

We'll bring you those answers as soon as we track them down."

Comment

• TL; DR
                  Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    BTW, the study they did to prove that masks work is a hoax.

I'm not telling you not to wear a mask if that makes you feel better. But please don't keep falling for hoaxes. It's so bad.

And maybe you should read beyond just the headline..
                    From the story...
                    "Whether viral infections are studied in humans or hamsters, masks tend to work best when they're placed on sick people. After all, that's the reason the CDC recommends everyone in the US should wear masks right now, in case they're sick and they don't know it. "

"
                    Though Karan said it's hard to know quite what to take away from this study, because "it's not on humans, and it's not in the real world," he still said it was "interesting" to note how far fewer hamsters were infected over time, when masks were used as a barrier between them and the virus.

"We don't have data to say that masks don't work," he said."

In other words, they can not really come to any conclusions...
                    That does not mean that this study discredits all the other research.

And even if there is some doubt that it protects you, which hasn't been proven either way, it is proven that it protects others if you are infected.

So people who don't wear masks are potential murderers if they have the virus. And while you may claim you aren't sick, you can spread the disease long before symptoms start to occur.

So nice try with your hoax post... it's no surprise that Trump does best against lesser educated Americans.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

And maybe you should read beyond just the headline..
                      From the story...
                      "Whether viral infections are studied in humans or hamsters, masks tend to work best when they're placed on sick people. After all, that's the reason the CDC recommends everyone in the US should wear masks right now, in case they're sick and they don't know it. "

"
                      Though Karan said it's hard to know quite what to take away from this study, because "it's not on humans, and it's not in the real world," he still said it was "interesting" to note how far fewer hamsters were infected over time, when masks were used as a barrier between them and the virus.

"We don't have data to say that masks don't work," he said."

In other words, they can not really come to any conclusions...
                      That does not mean that this study discredits all the other research.

And even if there is some doubt that it protects you, which hasn't been proven either way, it is proven that it protects others if you are infected.

So people who don't wear masks are potential murderers if they have the virus. And while you may claim you aren't sick, you can spread the disease long before symptoms start to occur.

So nice try with your hoax post... it's no surprise that Trump does best against lesser educated Americans.

I didn't say any of that. I said that study is part of a hoax.

Comment

• And what Hoax is that.
                        Mask wearing is good and helps stop the spread of the virus.
                        That is not a Hoax.
                        And people who don't wear them are potential murderers.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Just remembered this:

Which was in summer. Now Trump is babbling of "rounding the corner" at 99k. And - of course - the doctors are the prob. It's always somebody else, like we all did at the age of 5 or so.

Probably Donny should have relied on the Proud Boys when he was in hospital with Covid himself, since the docs don't know zilch.
                          Blah

Comment

• Yep... almost 100K new cases a day... With over 230K dead Americans.
                            And Trumps solution is not only to give up, but break state laws while hosting more super spreader events.
                            Trump is a total criminal, and his actions will only lead to more dead Americans.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yep... almost 100K new cases a day... With over 230K dead Americans.
                              And Trumps solution is not only to give up, but break state laws while hosting more super spreader events.
                              Trump is a total criminal, and his actions will only lead to more dead Americans.

Election rallies end in two days.

Comment

Working...
                              X