Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

The original thread seems to be having serious problems.
    Please continue the discussion here.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

And to get back into the swing of things... we left off at Kid responding to this picture of the Republican National Convention

When asked if this was "social distancing"

And Kid responded...
    "Nope, and he didn't ask them to take their masks off."

Which totally missed the whole point.
    The picture is all the proof you need that Trump is simply paying lip service to "how he supports mask wearing and social distancing"

Here they were, at HIS CONVENTION, and he didn't even both to enforce the rules recommended by the government, showing he really doesn't support mask wearing or social distancing.
    This was the message he was sending to the American People...

And again, Kid, are you going to bet that Covid will be gone by election day?
    Probably not since you probably don't believe your own BS.
    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      I told you before, if you put Kidiot on ignore this site has very few problems!

We might not have a vaccine. Maybe we will. Personally, I'll take HCQ+Zinc if I get any symptoms so I'm about as worried about it as I am about the flu. I think going forward it's about equal in seriousness.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Typical Trumpette, cares only about himself... And still afraid to actually answer the question. Instead, you just keep avoiding it or side stepping it. YES OR NO KId, it's that simple.
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

It doesn't really go away with a vaccine. There's different strains. Herd immunity is comming soon. The closer you get the lower the transmission rate goes. But no it will not stop existing.

Comment

So you were just sprouting BS when you claimed earlier that it would be GONE by Election day?
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            So you were just sprouting BS when you claimed earlier that it would be GONE by Election day?
            I mean we will have close to herd immunity imo, and the transmission rate will be much lower.

Comment

We won't even be close to herd immunity by then based on what MOST EXPERTS are predicting.
              And even IF a vaccine (which is highly doubtful by election day) is available... with current polls showing many Americans won't even bother to get the vaccine because they are anit vaccers or simply afraid of any Vaccine that Trump forces the FDA to rush through for approval, not enough people will take it to help us reach herd immunity.
              That's what the actual facts are saying. But then again, you are welcome to your opinion.
              192.000+ Americans Dead so far, and still climbing.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

High risk people will take the vaccine. If they don't that's their choice.

Comment

And if enough don't, that Herd Immunity that you claim will be reached shortly, is simply a pipe dream
                  Again, most ACTUAL EXPERTS don't see us reaching herd immunity for a very long time, especially if Trump pressures the FDA to rush a vaccine that hasn't been properly tested
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Sweden has herd immunity imo. They have had around 200 new cases per day for around 3 months now. The experts are wrong a lot on this because it's a novel virus. A large portion of the population is immune at default.

Comment

Sweden's policy of allowing the controlled spread of COVID-19 viral infection among the population has so far failed to deliver the country's previously stated goal of herd immunity. Commenting on recent antibody testing clinical and research findings, authors of a paper published by the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, write that Sweden's higher rates of viral infection, hospitalization and mortality compared with neighboring countries may have serious implications for Scandinavia and beyond.
                      Lead author Professor David Goldsmith said: "It is clear that not only are the rates of viral infection, hospitalization and mortality (per million population) much higher than those seen in neighboring Scandinavian countries, but also that the time-course of the epidemic in Sweden is different, with continued persistence of higher infection and mortality well beyond the few critical weeks period seen in Denmark, Finland and Norway." He added that in these countries, rapid lock-down measures brought in from early March seem to have been initially more successful in curtailing the infection surge and thus the malign consequences of COVID-19 on the country as a whole.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Norway had a spike recently. It's still less than Sweden but I think Sweden’s population is greater. I'm not saying Norway will get many more cases but I don't think Sweden will get another spike. I also don't think the US will get another spike.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You are totally just talking out of your ass, Kid.

While you are welcome to your opinion... Covid isn't going anywhere soon, with MANY EXPERTS predicting a bad Fall and Winter.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Human beings need to progress past the point of "group urination and defecation... bathrooms organized with more than ONE TOILET PER ROOM... are OKAY"

We live in disgusting perverted disease ridden times due to DESIGN
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                          X