No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently in bob woodwards book trumpy told him that the us has a new weapons system that no one knows about...so its probably documents about that...
    "

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
      So, did Trump not return the nuclear launch codes? Is that what was in his bigliest safe?
      I think he also took nukes with him from the WH's strategic defence reserve

Fortunately the FBI came when he wasn't there
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
        Apparently in bob woodwards book trumpy told him that the us has a new weapons system that no one knows about...so its probably documents about that...
        And maybe the keys for the gates of Area 51
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Trump has now claimed he could not have taked classified or top secret documents, because, as president, he could declassify whatever he wanted.

This may actually be valid... the Supreme Court of Trump may need to rule.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• So the FBI planted the documents, but it's OK because Trump declassified them before he left office.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• A lot of people are saying Jared or Melania, or somesuch, is the confidential informant. My outside bet is on it being Putin for ****s and giggles.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope its Julian Assange.

• Dauphin
                Dauphin commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope it's David Dennison or John Barron, and Donald doesn't know his psyche is fully dissociative.

• Do we know if the folks working at Mar a Lago were chanting "Lock Him Up" when the FBI appeared?

In other funny news:

Trump Made It A Felony To Mishandle Classified Documents In 2018

The FBI search of the former president's Florida property was focused on mishandled presidential materials, according to reports.
              The FBI search of the former president's Florida property was focused on mishandled presidential materials, according to reports.

Prophetic
              Blah

Comment

• Rushdie to blame for Rushdie attack...

...at least when you ask Iran:

Iran says Salman Rushdie and supporters to blame for his attack

Foreign ministry spokesperson says Iran has no further information about author’s alleged attacker
                Foreign ministry spokesperson blames author and supporters after stabbing that left him with ‘life-changing’ injuries

Although heavily wounded, with probable long-term issues, he survived
                Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by CBC
                  Peterborough mayor defends her use of the f-word in response to weekend protest
                  Diane Therrien explains why she sent out a profanity-filled tweet about a weekend protest

The mayor of a small Ontario city is getting a lot of attention today — not for ducking a tough question, but for answering one in some very direct terms.

Peterborough mayor Diane Therrien was called on to respond to a scene that unfolded in her city east of Toronto over the weekend.

A few dozen people had gathered outside the city's police station after a call from a QAnon conspiracy theorist who purports to be the "Queen of Canada" for citizen's arrests of local officers.

Therrien tweeted her reply. It read, "People have been asking me to comment on the events of the past weekend in #ptbo. I hate giving airtime/spotlight to these imbeciles. Here is my comment: f**k off, you f**kwads."
                  Peterborough Mayor Diane Therrien pulled no punches when she sent an f-word filled tweet out in response to a scene that played out over the weekend. Therrien explained her motivation to As It Happens guest host Susan Bonner.
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Two pilots are believed to have fallen asleep and missed their landing during a flight from Sudan to Ethiopia on Monday.
                    Two pilots are believed to have fallen asleep and missed their landing during a flight from Sudan to Ethiopia on Monday, according to an Aviation Herald report.

Blah

Comment

• New Zealand: Seal breaks into marine biologist's home

When Jenn Ross returned to her New Zealand home to find a few buckets out of place in the garage, she thought the family cat, Coco, might have brought in a bird.

Instead she found a seal in the hall.

The young animal had got through two cat flaps to enter the house in Mt Maunganui, about 150m from the sea - probably in pursuit of Coco the cat.

Ms Ross' marine biologist husband Phil was unfortunately the only member of the family not at home at the time.

He told the BBC he regretted missing his chance to shine, saying: "The big joke is that this is probably the one family emergency where it would be useful to have a marine biologist, and I wasn't there."

After posing for some photos, the seal - nicknamed Oscar - was collected by the Department of Conservation and returned to the sea.

Mr Ross said it was likely to be around 10 months old, and likened it to a "teenager".
                      The curious seal, nicknamed Oscar, is thought to have squeezed through the cat flaps on its adventure.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• With a cat involved this would even fit into the Kittehs thread
                        Blah

Comment

• Stolen car found stuck in metro station in Madrid

A stolen car stuck in a metro station in Madrid has been removed by firefighters.

Police say they are investigating after the vehicle was found next to a staircase in Plaza Eliptica station.

The driver was taken to hospital to be checked but police say no-one was injured.

A man has been arrested as part of the investigation into what happened
                          A man is arrested after a vehicle is pulled up a staircase by firefighters in Plaza Eliptica station.

Comment

• Insects could give meaty taste to food – and help environment – scientists find

Flavorings made from mealworms could one day be used on convenience food as a source of protein

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...worms-research

Wormsteak
                            Blah

Comment

• First government-backed pill testing clinic finds 40% of ‘cocaine’ contained no coke

Canberra service examined 70 samples in August with 25% of potential users discarding drugs once made aware of what they actually contained

Australia’s first government-backed pill and drug testing service has found a majority of samples were tainted with other substances, with a quarter of people choosing to ditch their drugs after getting them checked.

In its first month of operation, Canberra’s fixed-site CanTest health and drug checking clinic examined 70 samples, with 18 people discarding their drugs once the results were in.

Researchers found all the cocaine tested at the service had purity levels below 27% – with 40% of the samples containing no cocaine. One sample without any cocaine included the cutting agent dimethyl sulfone.

All of the heroin samples contained heroin, with purity levels ranging from 31% to 63%, while just over 65% of MDMA samples contained that drug.

A majority of ketamine samples contained the substance, while one methamphetamine sample was found to be sugar.

(...)
                              full: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...tained-no-coke

Placebo.
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X