No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think all these events happened on the same day? teacher finds note -> bring parents to school -> parents leave kid at school -> shooting & dad finds gun is missing at home
    "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
      I think all these events happened on the same day? teacher finds note -> bring parents to school -> parents leave kid at school -> shooting & dad finds gun is missing at home
      That´s how the timeline sounds to me:
      Days before the fatal shooting:
      - Parents buy the gun as christmas present (but likely keep it for themselves still (as it isn't christmas yet)
      - Mom goes to a shooting range so her son can try out the gun
      - Son googles for ammunition (parents get alarmed by the school first), mother tells (or texts) her son thet she isn't mad at him, but next time he should be careful to not get caught

Then on the day of the shooting:
      - Son creates the drawing that gets noticed by the teacher
      - Parents get summoned to school because of this, refuse to take their son with them back home and also don't search his backpack in order to make certain that he hasn't the gun with him
      - Shooting happens
      - When hearing about the shooting in the news, mom texts son, not to do it
      - Likewise around this time the father checks for the gun (and maybe ammunition) and calls the police to report it missing
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Millipede with more legs than any known animal discovered in Australia

Scientists in Australia have discovered an elongated millipede with more legs than any other known animal.

The pale-coloured millipede has more than 1,300 legs in an elongated body about 95mm long.

The creature has been named Eumillipes Persephone, and was found almost 60 metres (200ft) underground in a mining region in Western Australia.

The previous record-holder was a California millipede species with 750 legs.

The millipede, discovered in Australia, has more than 1,300 legs and is believed to live on fungi.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Anti-5G necklaces found to be radioactive

Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.

Conspiracy theories about 5G have fuelled a market for "anti-5G" accessories.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Christmas present.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Christmas present.
                It's going to look like jesus fish is ****ing you when you jerk off.
                "

Comment

• You always are able to come up with a stupid comment. It's a calling.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• EPW
                    EPW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It took me a whole day

• Anyone know how our Filipino Polytubbies are doing with a *new* typhoon?
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Wolverine has COVID-19.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I keep waiting for the stock market to collapse because of Joe Biden. But apparently reality did not get Trump's memo...

S&P 500 surges to 69th record close of 2021 as Santa rally powers US stocks

The S&P 500 is now up 27% for the year. The Nasdaq and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are up 23% and 18%, respectively, for 2021.
                      • US stocks rallied sharply Monday despite Omicron-related weakness in travel stocks.
                      • The S&P 500 notched its 69th record close of the year, adding to gains during the trading session.
                      • Major US indexes continued a year-end Santa Claus rally after picking up from last week's momentum.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Cool pool fool.

Residents who live in the Embassy Gardens development, in London, are complaining it is too expensive to heat the Sky Pool in winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          I keep waiting for the stock market to collapse because of Joe Biden. But apparently reality did not get Trump's memo...[/LIST]
                          I have thought that the stock market was due a correction since 2014 or 2015. I don't consider 2020 to be a real correction.

I still think it, but it has been long enough that I have learned that such a view is not useful.

And I now also admit that I could very well be wrong.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• There's now a permanent location in Toronto where you can get those X-rated waffles shaped like private parts that have been breaking the internet.

Members Only Waffle House finally has an official headquarters in town where you can get their penis-shaped waffles dripping with suggestive drizzles and decorated with sprinkles.

The beginning of 2022 marked the opening of their new physical storefront location at 252 Queen St. W.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/_YuCUgUmoqA[/youtube]

The new space isn't far from where they originally popped up outside Frisaca at 592 Queen St. W. At the pop-up location, "Plain Johnsons" started at $8, and about 150 penis-shaped waffles were sold per day (the max they could keep up with).

Made with high-end ingredients like Belgian chocolate, the penis-shaped waffles are supposed to be crispy and fluffy.

The first 50 customers who visited the new Members Only spot received a take-home Polaroid with the purchase of their "member."

On the menu right now, they have their "Founding Member" and "VIP Member" for $11 each, and they're hoping to add drip coffee in the future.

"This is our first location and we are thrilled to have such an incredible and supportive community," Members Only founder Kirsty Fan tells blogTO. "Our main focus is sharing a laugh or a smile with our clients during these difficult and challenging times."

Spreading smiles during challenging times goes beyond dick jokes for Members Only, though: they'll also be donating a percentage of monthly sales at the new shop to different non-profit organizations.

They're currently open for takeout waffles from Thursday through Sunday.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wezil
                              Wezil commented
                              Editing a comment
                              lol, that's hilarious.

I get the "suggestive drizzles" but am a little confused by the "sprinkles".

• Uncle Sparky
                              Uncle Sparky commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I recognize the address... it's right across from a coffee shop I used to hang out at... at the corner of Queen & John.

• Dauphin
                              Dauphin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's not far from my office. lol

• Hamilton neighbourhood covered after plant malfunction sends 'beans raining down'

Company 'implementing corrective action' after area showered in bean hulls

Bits of soybean coated parts of the city's North End neighbourhood near the end of December after a processing issue at the nearby Bunge plant.

Comment

Working...
                            X