No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no idea that the idiotic truck convoy was still hanging around Washington DC after more than 2 weeks. But they are...

People’s Convoy Gets Hilariously Trolled by Lone D.C. Bicyclist

The People’s Convoy got a taste of its own medicine on Saturday afternoon in Washington, D.C., when a single bicyclist moving at a snail’s pace brought the truckers to a near halt by occupying an entire lane of traffic in front of them.

“Hey, what are you doing? You have a bunch of trucks behind you,” a convoy live streamer and YouTuber WYSIWYGTV (pronounced “whizzy-wick”) yelled at the unidentified cyclist while confronting him. “You got a bunch of trucks behind us.”

The biker then trolled in response: “What’s that? I didn’t hear you… I didn’t hear you, what did you say?”

After the streamer snapped back, “You have a bunch of trucks behind you,” the cyclist replied: “I’m sorry, I can’t hear you—it’s too loud.” The cyclist continued to ride in front of the truckers at a plodding pace, unmoved by the line of honking big rigs behind him.

The farcical moment came as the right-wing trucker convoy enters its third week of repeatedly attempting and failing to cause mayhem in the Beltway area.

On Saturday afternoon, The Daily Beast reported that some of the anti-vaccine mandate truckers boxed in a white Tesla driven by someone who had allegedly been antagonistic towards the convoy. The incident was captured on a livestream by “Sasnak,” a lead convoy participant. “A Tesla pulled in… slammed the brakes on real hard and caused a brake-check,” the YouTuber declared, adding that his fellow truckers then brought the car to a standstill.

Sasnak then turned on his fellow truckers for their actions toward the Tesla driver. “That’s illegal. You can’t do that. You can’t block somebody in like that,” the trucker said. “That’s considered abduction. The person in the car has the right to go bang bang and shoot you!”

Sasnak did not return a request from The Daily Beast for comment on the incident. But on Sunday afternoon, during a YouTube stream, he added: “Talked it through with a few of them. One guy is still mad at me.”

A Maryland State Police official told The Daily Beast late Saturday evening that “no abduction occurred” on the interstate. “Abduction and boxing a car in and road rage are two different things,” the official added.

By Sunday’s morning meeting, the convoy turned their focus to their absent leader Brian Brase, who had taken the weekend off to visit with family back home in Northwest Ohio—a move that left his fellow truckers confounded.

While camped for weeks at the Hagerstown Speedway, the convoy has continued to make daily treks on the Beltway and more recently into D.C. proper. The truckers have seemingly struggled to navigate downtown city traffic, however, often getting split up by red lights. The group has been met with jeering inside the city from both pedestrians and commuters alike, whom the convoy has taken to labeling “antifa.”

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• People's Convoy? Sounds like something from China...
      Blah

Comment

• “Abduction and boxing a car in and road rage are two different things,” the official added.
        I'm no linguist, and English is not my first language, but it seems to me like those are three different things.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Your ESL (at least when writing) is much better than a lot of Americans.

• N35t0r
          N35t0r commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, it's just to emphasize the joke.

• No Fish Or Shellfish in Paella, "research" shows:

Many crimes have been committed in the name of paella but now researchers in Valencia have laid down 10 commandments of what thou shall and shall not put in their national dish.

The ten permitted ingredients are: rice, water, olive oil, salt, saffron (or food colouring), tomato, flat green beans, lima beans, chicken and rabbit. No fish or shellfish. Ever.

The research was carried out by social scientists at the Universidad Católica de Valencia at the instigation of local chef Rafael Vidal. The researchers questioned 400 amateur chefs aged over 50 from 266 Valencian villages.

(...)
        Is it as bad as crème fraîche on Pizza?

https://www.theguardian.com/food/202...ules-of-paella
        Blah

Comment

• Dude, tuna is a common pizza ingredient in Germany. Please stay away from the paella.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• There's also other uhhh creative pizza versions, like Wiener Pizza
            Blah

Comment

• The kebab shops sell kebab pizza. Like, wtf.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                Dude, tuna is a common pizza ingredient in Germany. Please stay away from the paella.
                I like tuna and I like pizza but that combination would make me retch.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post

I like tuna and I like pizza but that combination would make me retch.
                  It's not as bad as it seems. Hot tuna might not be something people think of as delicious, but the Galicians prepare a sort of tuna pie (empanada galega) that (at least in the version common in Argentina) involves hot tuna and it's really good.

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Horseback-riding goat a hit on B.C. farm

Arret the goat climbs onto Bouge to reach tree branches, and massages the horse's back in return, farmer says

Farmer Aimee Kootnikoff in Krestova, B.C., says she found out her goat Arret began riding on her horse Bouge's back two months ago.
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Wezil
                      Wezil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had a mental image of "Planet of the Goats".

If apes can ride horses why not goats? /sjw

• BeBMan
                      BeBMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The pic for that article is great

• Today the Pope on behalf of the Catholic Church apologized to Indian Residential School survivors from Canada for abuse, neglect and destruction of their culture.
                    Today is April 1.

Just saying.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                      Today is April 1.

I also wondered about this from yesterday:

Researchers in Hong Kong create 'soft robot' made of magnetic slime

Researchers at The Chinese University of Hong Kong have created a "soft robot" made of slime containing magnetic particles, which can be manipulated using external magnets.

The magnetic particles are toxic, but have theoretically been made safe to enter the human body after being covered in a layer of silicone compound - although further safety testing will be needed in the future.

The team in Hong Kong hope the slime will one day be used to collect objects which have been accidentally swallowed.
                      The team hope the slime could one day be used to collect accidentally-swallowed objects.

Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Chinese political prisoners swallow a lot of stuff... as long as the toxicity doesn't damage transplantable organs, things should work out.

• Kurt Cobain's blue guitar in Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' video to be sold at auction
                      The iconic blue guitar Kurt Cobain rocked out with in Nirvana’s seminal ’90s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” music video is expected to fetch up to $800,000 when it goes up for auction next month.

I plan to sell my air guitar at an auction soon
                      Blah

Comment

• I also have a blue guitar but it isn't kurt cobain's

Comment

• El Shafee Elsheikh: Guilty verdict for Islamic State 'Beatle' jihadist

El Shafee Elsheikh is the highest profile IS fighter to stand trial in the US.

The UK and US had an extradition agreement that took the death penalty off the table so they won't be making him twist and shout.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X