No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian? Want to die abroad? The most popular places to be murdered.

EXCLUSIVE: Global Affairs reveals countries where Canadians are most often murdered - National | Globalnews.ca

The five top countries in which Canadians were murdered over that five-year period ('16-'20): 24 in Mexico; 20 in the United States; 15 in Jamaica; 11 in the Philippines; and 10 in the west African nation of Burkina Faso.
    USA must try harder!
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Bart Simpson graffiti appears following Kidderminster speed camera 'moon'

Graffiti depicting a 'mooning' Bart Simpson has appeared near the home of a man arrested after baring his behind to a speed camera van.

Terminally ill Darrell Meekcom, exposed himself at the van in Kidderminster, Worcestershire as part of a list of things he wanted to do before he died.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Canadian Armed Forces forces help rescue thousands of chickens from flooded B.C. farm

Soldiers helped remove chickens stranded in barns cut off by flood waters in Abbotsford

Some of the more than 100 Canadian Armed Forces personnel in the flood-ravaged Fraser Valley area helped rescue 30,000 chickens from the barns cut off by flood waters.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Mr Goxx, the cryptocurrency-trading hamster, dies

The cryptocurrency-trading hamster Mr Goxx has died.

The rodent, who shot to internet fame for his ability to often outperform human investors using a specially built trading cage, died on Tuesday.

The rodent famous for his financial portfolio and trading cage died peacefully on Tuesday.

Comment

• The Greeks will note they skipped a couple of letters while naming the new COVID19 Omnicron variant. Before Omnicron comes Xi, which I'm SURE they skipped because that's coincidentally how you spell the name of the leader of China, Xi Jinping... So, maybe we started with the Xi variant.

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I always read his name as XI, and thought the next guy will be XII...
              Blah

Comment

• Whitley Bay lizard rescued after 4,500-mile suitcase stowaway

A lizard has been rescued after stowing away in a suitcase and travelling 4,500 miles from Florida to Whitley Bay.

The lizard had crept into a holidaymaker's bag and flew from Orlando to Whitley Bay.

Comment

• A good start.

"lol i'm not mad at you. try not to get caught" - shooter's mommie
                  The semi-automatic gun used in the shooting was purchased legally by shooter Ethan Crumbley's father last week, according to investigators.

Comment

• If the parents are culpable for the shooting doesn't that logically mean the shooter should be charged as a child or perhaps even not at all?
                    "

Comment

• No.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• But would those charges make sense if the shooter happened to be 18?
                        "

Comment

• No, in answer to a hypothetical situation.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                            But would those charges make sense if the shooter happened to be 18?
                            Yes.

Seems like the parents left weapon and ammunition both together at easy to reach places, so anyone (not only the owner of the gun) was able to get both, weapons and ammo, and use them for crimes.

I don't think that it would have mattered if the kid had been 18.
                            I don't even think that it would have mattered whether or not the kid was in a parent-child relationship with the couple.
                            The only thing that mattered was their irresponsible behavior by leaving weapon and ammo in easy to reach locations, so any member of the household could grab them both
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Legally, it does matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                The only thing that mattered was their irresponsible behavior by leaving weapon and ammo in easy to reach locations, so any member of the household could grab them both
                                It wasn't just left it was gifted, no? When they knew he had fantasised about shooting up a school? Unless I misheard a news report that said that, or it was being economical with truth.

Enablement, verging on telling the kid to plain do it. If the case.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X