Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystere et suspens

Comment

• Imagine that. Meth mouth likely broke laws.

After going quiet in the months before the election, federal authorities are now actively investigating the business dealings of Hunter Biden, a person with knowledge of the probe said. His father, President-elect Joe Biden, is not implicated.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Ted Striker
        Ted Striker commented
        Editing a comment
        Bruh this is the "in other news" thread. Take that junk to one of the other 9,000 political threads

• Russia is clearly not worried about a nuclear attack.
      Russian police are investigating a break-in at a top-secret airborne nuclear command center, nicknamed the "doomsday plane."
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• After 51 years, the Zodiac Killer's cipher has been solved by amateur codebreakers

More than 50 years after the so-called Zodiac Killer first began terrorizing the streets of Northern California, a code-breaking team is believed to have finally cracked one of the killer's mysterious coded messages sent to the San Francisco Chronicle in 1969.

Dubbed the "340 cipher," the message was unraveled by a trio of code breakers -- David Oranchak, a software developer in Virginia, Jarl Van Eycke, a Belgian computer programmer, and Sam Blake, an Australian mathematician.

Decoding the cipher revealed the following message. It was sent in all capital letters without punctuation and included the misspelling of paradise:

"I hope you are having lots of fun in trying to catch me

That wasn't me on the TV show which brings up a point about me

I am not afraid of the gas chamber because it will send me to paradice all the sooner

Because I now have enough slaves to work for me where everyone else has nothing when they reach paradice so they are afraid of death

I am not afraid because I know that my new life will be an easy one in paradice death."

The TV show the message refers to is "The Jim Dunbar Show," a Bay Area television talk show. The cipher was sent two weeks after a person claiming to be the Zodiac Killer called into the show.

(snipsnap)
        https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/11/u...rnd/index.html

I love how he wrote "paradice". If there had been an intarweb back then he may have dropped his msg as a poast.
        Blah

Comment

• Peru: Police conduct drugs raid dressed as Santa Claus and elf

A police drugs-squad in Peru have raided a house dressed as Santa Claus and an elf, detaining a suspected drug dealer.

A police spokesman said the man was accused of selling drugs outside his house, near a school.

Officers, wearing flak jackets under their costumes, arrived in an undercover van before breaking into the house where they discovered a bag that appeared to contain drugs, balaclavas and a gun.

The country's police have used disguises during raids for some time and say the method is an effective tactic.

They have been known to dress up as homeless people and street sweepers in the past.
          https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-la...erica-55327903

Next yr they'll confuse them criminals by dressing up as police
          Blah

Comment

• The New Guardians of the Galaxy
            Vice President Mike Pence announced Friday that members of the Space Force military service will be called guardians.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Can the lead general/admiral be called Star Lord?

• Let's hope Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will be better than 2 (which I didn't like ) /cts.

In other "other news":

Pythons might become a new menu item in Florida if scientists can confirm they're safe to eat
            https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/20/u...rnd/index.html

I just skimmed this article and found no mention if those would be dead or alive. Which may have a bit of an impact
            Blah

Comment

• I like the idea of eating invasive species. If gives people a financial incentive time to hunt invasive species and thus control their population.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• British in India say "Cobra effect". So be careful.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Some Russian spies are about to get fired (at the very least). And watch your underpants.
                  A Russian agent sent to tail Alexey Navalny has revealed how a lethal toxin was secreted in the underpants of the opposition leader. He thought it was an official debriefing, but he was talking to Navalny himself.

Comment

• Dangerous things in Russia:
                    • Windows
                    • Tea
                    • Underwear
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Never sit beside a window, in your underwear, drinking tea in Novosibirsk.

• Finally the Trump Administration makes sense.

LONDON – Renowned graffiti artist Banksy stunned the world this week when it was revealed that Donald Trump has been an elaborate, multi-media, site specific performance installation by the elusive artist this whole time. In the piece, Banksy — whose identity has never been revealed — used his classic style of creating life-sized two dimensional …
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Best of The Beaverton.
                      VARIOUS LOCATIONS AROUND THE WORLD - Following President Donald Trump’s announcement that the United States is designating ANTIFA as a terrorist organization, the loosely connected individuals around the world involved in the movement to oppose fascism were surprised to discover that they are in fact all one big organization.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I guess while he is still slightly relevant, Trump is doing his April 1 jokes now.
                        (I'm still waiting for Civil War 2)

An executive order says new federal buildings should be in the Greco-Roman classical style.

Comment

• In monolith news: Gingerbread for Christmas!

The towering baked good appeared mysteriously on a hilltop overlooking the city. But alas, it couldn't last.

(Maybe a DP on my part, but this is the correct thread for this story...)
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                          X