No announcement yet.

Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh, you cannot prove the election was accurate. Biden got 80 million votes? Get real. He got 80 million ballots. Anyway I'm not from around here, I don't insult others without a concrete purpose. My purpose in returning JM's insult is to show where the country may be going next. Should Trump use whatever 'extensive powers' he has to stay in power and say, I don't know, redo the election without mail in ballots, with a few exceptions, then the left will face a bit of a problem. The rest of us would just calmly await the result of the election. I have long been saying that this is 2020, the most divisive thing will happen, and perhaps we are coming to it. I'd imagine the cities will go nuts, destroying the businesses of other leftist city folks, but that's their business. (no pun) So, what would you do?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• For Lancer and Friends -
      Spoiler:
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I don't click those things, and knowing you I think I'll stick with that policy.

Comment

• Gee, I don't remember Obama declaring the 2016 election illegitimate and holding another election.

Comment

• Neither do I. Ask again, what would you do?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              I know you would keep raping sheep. Prove that you don't.

• Originally posted by Lancer View Post
            Your assumption is incorrect, Trump won. What you are seeing is an effort to overthrow him through corrupting the election and the media. You are supporting authoritarianism and you don't even have the first clue. You are ignorant.
            It's not an assumption, it is the facts.

To try to come up with some other approach, and probably the only one would be to have the House decide what to do, would require proven election fraud at a grand scale in multiple states. There has not been any evidence provided to the courts for a single state, rather just some wild accusations about a small number of ballots and then the request to invalidate the election. To throw it to the House you have to show, in a court of law (for example), not wild accusations without evidence, that the count is off by 10s of thousands (even 100s of thousands in Pennsylvania and Michigan, the states Trump seems focused on).

To say 'let's redo the election, but with the rules changed even more in our favor' is unacceptable. And I mean unacceptable in a final way, not even 'lock kids in cages' unacceptable (because we were promised that we would be able to vote to change that in a couple of years, which we have done).

JM
            (I would posit that Trump is focused on Pennsylvania and Michigan not because they are the easiest to reverse but because the Republicans in those states are most susceptible to authoritarianism.)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Thankfully its not up to me, I don't have to do anything. I am pointing out that Trump has in his back pocket the 2018 law, which I haven't read. Have heard it referred to as very powerful, so will see if Trump plays this hand. I think he will if he uses every other recourse to undo this coup before he does. Should he come right down to it, expect him to use the law. Then, you, as leftists, will all face personal decisions on how to react. My question is, in this case, what would you do?

Comment

• General Strike.

But the reason why those in power allow votes to remove them from power, is because at some point the only remaining recourse is revolution.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Another course. The state legislatures appoint Trump electors. It really is up to them. They see enough crap stick to the wall, and they, as elected officials, act to do the right thing. Its possible...

Comment

• Countries that voted for Biden represent 70% of the US economy.

This economic rift that persists in dividing the nation is a problem because it underscores the near-certainty of both continued clashes between the political parties and continued alienation and misunderstandings.

I don't see how a coup by the economic and numeric minority will be successful.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer View Post
                      Another course. The state legislatures appoint Trump electors. It really is up to them. They see enough crap stick to the wall, and they, as elected officials, act to do the right thing. Its possible...
                      It is not up to them. They can not change rules after an election.

That is authoritarian, just as if Trump decided to invalidate votes.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                        General Strike.

But the reason why those in power allow votes to remove them from power, is because at some point the only remaining recourse is revolution.

JM
                        Right, good answer. However, Trump uses the law to do another election. Supposedly the law gives the President 'emergency powers'. This election is held in such a way that observers are allowed, that ballots don't show up in the middle of the night, etc. Meanwhile, you refused to work and lose your job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

It is not up to them. They can not change rules after an election.

That is authoritarian, just as if Trump decided to invalidate votes.

JM
                          It is actually up to them, sorry.

Comment

• Trump is now claiming the FBI rigged the election against him. Pretty amazing.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Trump is sounding more and more like a delusional paranoid... In his Fox interview, he blamed EVERYBODY he could and continued to sprout his totally baseless conspiracy theories, and this time even throwing his bought and paid for justice department and the FBI under the bus as well...
                              And the best quote from the interview... "and I don’t even think we have to prove this"
                              So in other words, he doesn't have any proof, but doesn't think he needs any... He's over the edge...
                              But nothing he says will change the actual fact, HE LOST.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X