• Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	trumpcare.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	9390402
    Attached Files
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• that was funny

yeah

universal health care

I stand on my knees ready to be christented and shoot KH (metaphorically)

it's so sad there is uncle sparky in canada (and that means all is in order) and then there is KH like someone who was virtuous but now is ultimately corrupted

we shoot a diseased horse in the head

but KH is not a horse

adn he even speaks french

such decadence and sadness (thank god it's so far away)

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
        Kim Yo-Jong could become North Korea's first female dictator, very progressive!
        I expect she will continue the family tradition of killing people.

Nothing beats an execution with an anti aircraft gun to teach the minions to stay quiet.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	trump.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	9390456
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• he banned travel from China and got skewered by the Dems as a racist xenophobe, now they're saying he didn't do enough...if he did 'enough' the Dems would accuse him of being a dictator.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought the Dems were supposed to be the snowflakes... are you saying criticism would make Trump sad?

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              I expect so given his relationship with his father, but the hypocrisy is what makes me sad

• Banning travel from just one country and ignoring every other possible vector was obviously not going to work, and equally obviously Sinophobic. That is after all a significant plank in his platform. Corroborated multiple times with his labeling of the virus.

He could have instituted a 14 to 21 day mandatory quarantine on all entries like Vietnam and others have done. (Bohol has done so to, and it's apparently working so far.) Then it wouldn't have been obviously Sinophobic, could still have played to his base (closing S border), and would have had a chance to work. While economically disruptive, it would have been far less so than what he has achieved with his Sinophobic, inconsistent response as the domestic economy could have remained more open.

Comment

• pchang
              pchang commented
              Editing a comment
              Fact: none of those things have anything to do with the ineffectiveness of the ban that Trump approved.

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              They have more to do with casting stones, but since we dont know how bad the situation would be had we kept allowing flights in from hot spots how would you know their effectiveness? All we can do is compare the hot spots with places restricting travel. Do we really need to make the comparison?

• pchang
              pchang commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, we know that any travel bans at that time would have done absolutely nothing because the virus was already here and being spread in the community at that time.

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            Banning travel from just one country and ignoring every other possible vector was obviously not going to work, and equally obviously Sinophobic. That is after all a significant plank in his platform. Corroborated multiple times with his labeling of the virus.

He could have instituted a 14 to 21 day mandatory quarantine on all entries like Vietnam and others have done. (Bohol has done so to, and it's apparently working so far.) Then it wouldn't have been obviously Sinophobic, could still have played to his base (closing S border), and would have had a chance to work. While economically disruptive, it would have been far less so than what he has achieved with his Sinophobic, inconsistent response as the domestic economy could have remained more open.
            A number of countries banned travel from China, including other Asian countries. And when Trump banned travel from continental Europe Biden was lecturing him about ineffective travel bans.

Comment

• If I recall correctly the first travel bans were imposed by several African countries including Kenya. They banned travel from China. They were not accused of Sinophobia by the woke crowd or anyone else.

Comment

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                they would have been accused if Biden was running for president of Kenya

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

And when Trump banned travel from continental Europe Biden was lecturing him about ineffective travel bans.
              Reality has proven that Trump's travel bans were not effective. It was obvious from the start they would not be. Everyone who said the travel bans (as implemented) would not be effective were right.

The European travel ban was especially daft, as the UK was excluded.

The only way a travel ban can be effective is if it's universal.

Quarantine and testing can be effective.

Comment

• I can't respond to comments on my phone. "But Democrats..." is not a defense of Trump. Trump's travel bans were obviously going to be failures at stopping the spread, and obviously did fail at stopping the spread. No amount of other people also being failures changes that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                  If I recall correctly the first travel bans were imposed by several African countries including Kenya. They banned travel from China. They were not accused of Sinophobia by the woke crowd or anyone else.
                  I wonder why things that get little coverage don't get commented on much? Whereas things which are constantly covered get attention. It's almost as if there is a causal link between the two?

Kenya has banned all non-residents from coming into the country from countrieswith confirmed COVID19 cases, and has a 14 day self imposed quarantine.

Comment

• Kim is back. :GladTrump:

I'm still somewhat concerned about Kim. Health risks are running high in his family. Let's remember his father was originally Kim Jong only, but became Kim Jong-ill later...
                    Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      His grandpappy was Kim Il Song, then became Kim Dead Song.

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    I can't respond to comments on my phone. "But Democrats..." is not a defense of Trump. Trump's travel bans were obviously going to be failures at stopping the spread, and obviously did fail at stopping the spread. No amount of other people also being failures changes that.
                    Not a defense of Trump - even Jesus told the adulteress to sin no more - but an indictment of the Democrats criticizing him when their house is made of glass. Who said a travel ban would stop the spread? The goal was to delay the spread so we could find treatments as a bridge to a vaccine should one be needed.

Comment

• Berzerker, quite simply, you are wrong.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Defenestration might be a German word, but it is all Russian now.
                        Three frontline health care workers have mysteriously fallen out of hospital windows in Russia over the past two weeks, heightening public attention to the working conditions for doctors and medical professionals amid the coronavirus pandemic.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                        X