• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comment

• Ted Striker
      Ted Striker commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s already been going on for years. This is just being realistic instead of just being naive. US corporations are so desperate for quarterly earnings they think China can offer them that they willingly let themselves get played. It’s like hitting that hot chick knowing she has an STD.

• Ted Striker
      Ted Striker commented
      Editing a comment
      And to be clear, I would had advised the above before the virus broke outside of China. Attempting to censor press outside of their own borders is where I draw the line. It’s dangerous to everyone.

Their mishandling of the virus killed too many of their own citizens and should have been held accountable.

• Here’s the other side of the story

Already national Republicans have mapped out a strategy to redirect anger about the coronavirus crisis away from the Trump administration and toward the communist regime in China.

In a private, 57-page strategy memo distributed to candidates by the NRSC and leaked last month, a Washington-area Republican strategist advised GOP candidates to avoid defending the president and instead pivot to attacking China for the coronavirus.

The NRSC said the memo was simply part of a routine distribution of material to candidates. But GOP strategists said efforts to target China will continue throughout the campaign.

“I would expect Republican candidates to forcefully define China’s role in causing the chaos here that we now have in the United States and also highlight how some Democrats have a little too cozy relationship with China and seem reluctant to criticize the communist government for how they allowed this problem to fester,” said a GOP official familiar with party strategy.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republicans-grow-nervous-about-losing-the-senate-amid-worries-over-trumps-handling-of-the-pandemic/2020/05/09/65691184-915f-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Seems like a smart strategy, considering how much liberals love to rant about Red China.

Comment

• The White House has room to isolate 100s of people... A real isolationist leader!
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Various folks have demonstrated against Coronavirus measures. These days it's not enough to just voice your disagreement with policy X or Y (probably just not sexy enough), you have to enlighten eveyone how everything is caused/controlled by the forces of evil. And just in case you didn't know - I learned that:

- it is Bill Gates who leads them forces of evil, cuz he's pro vaccines
          - the government had only intro'ed lockdown measures to secretly exchange all ppl with immigrants
          - just like Chemtrails someone does spread Coronavirus intentionally (usually the guys you don't like)

Somehow mocking conspiracy theories isn't just the same anymore since reality became ever more weird

Blah

Comment

• Also noticed non-UK tubbies who go on a trip to the UK this weekend insta-upgrade to a 14-day vacation for free...
            Except if you're from France.
            Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
              Seems like a smart strategy, considering how much liberals love to rant about Red China.
              This is why anyone who jumps onto the 'Blame CCP for the coronavirus' bandwagon is actively helping Trump to get re-elected! That's why Oerdin is essentially a Trump cheerleader

All China is really doing is emulating the US anyway, just in a more overt and heavy-handed way. Also, just imagine if Trump had the same kind of power as Xi Jinping - like he wouldn't be even more of a dick than he already is...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Three of the leading US health guys incl. Dr. Fauci went into some form of self-isolation. Mainly from Trump.
                Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pence was told to self isolate, but that was vetoed.

Trump apparently was told there might be a 'super spreader' in the White House. He replied, "Send her to my private office, and don't tell Melania."
                  Last edited by Uncle Sparky; May 11, 2020, 14:53.

• All West Wing staff have now been instructed to wear facemasks at all time.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I agree wholeheartedly with everything Dauphin has said these past few days in this thrade.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• A 2nd therapy appears to work. But more studies show Hydroxychloroquine does not work.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The new catch phrase for Englandia seems to be 'Alert, the Virus Lives!'
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                        A 2nd therapy appears to work. But more studies show Hydroxychloroquine does not work.
                        What do you think about the llama nanobodies that can block all SARS from invading proteins? Is this even scalable to humans ?

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They are trialing it now. If it works it will be at least 12 months away. But, these are smaller proteins that we can manufacture and so it can be scaled if it works.

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        The new catch phrase for Englandia seems to be 'Alert, the Virus Lives!'
                        Our only saving grace in this whole matter is that no matter how dumb we are - the US is still acting dumber than us...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/11/u...gbr/index.html

Except CCP-NN butchered it, so: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/11/matt-...sage-12685786/
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• It's a Girl!

'La Covid': coronavirus acronym is feminine, Académie Française says.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The Immortals have spoken!
                        Working...
                        X