This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand lifts all Covid restrictions, declaring the nation virus-free

OK, but correct me if I'm wrong, cos I is only a thick non-investment banker, but...

Surely completely eradicating COVID-19 without tens of thousands of deaths and spending untold millions on PPE and ventilators and **** - AND completely reopening the economy is... er... good for the economy...?

*scratches head cos I is thick*

Who knew it was that simple to defeat this disease...?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Travel restrictions from outside the country remain in place. It's almost like they have a plan or something...

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    Surely completely eradicating COVID-19 without tens of thousands of deaths and spending untold millions on PPE and ventilators and **** - AND completely reopening the economy is... er... good for the economy...?
    I thought 90% of their economy was LotR tourism.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Pandemics and riots drive demand for billionaire bunkers higher.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        No wonder Trump is hanging out in his bunker... he loves expensive realty.

• Originally posted by Felch View Post

I thought 90% of their economy was LotR tourism.
      UK people going overseas compared to those visiting is something like a £11bn deficit to our economy.

NZ and other states are already planning a 'travel bubble' of 'safe states'. Might ultimately be good for their tourism economy when all those people from the far east decide to avoid the plague states of Europe and the US for a 'clean' country like New Zealand?

'Come to New Zealand for a COVID and Lockdown Free Holiday!'

Comment

• Ted Striker
        Ted Striker commented
        Editing a comment
        Use the proper € currency please. When are you guys gonna come to your senses and rejoin the Habsburg empire ?

You gonna let the Scots take the lead on this one?

• Hearing some rumors coming out of Beijing that there’s a new outbreak and schools are going to be locked down.

latest is it was discovered in a seafood market and claiming salmon had it? Wtf CCP that is a stretch. What’s next, the virus jumped to potatoes?

will post more if this is a real thing or just a baseless rumor
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As Dauphin says, it's still a killer and a very serious disease. I find it infuriating that people just aren't taking it seriously any more. The whole race protests is an issue in terms of propagating the disease but, OK, a reasonably good cause, and will probably be decried as a racist for suggesting the protests were not a good idea at this time.

But now I see the little f**kers who populate this country rubbing their hands in glee at the fact they can go shopping, risking massive spread of the disease. Just buy it online you absolute idiots.

With these two circumstances combined I expect to see a spike here soon because people are too stupid to understand.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• A spike has been predicted in five weeks with the R0 up to 1.7

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised...now they're debating dropping the 2m rule so people can indulge their materialistic shopping habits. It's a recipe for disaster.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Dauphin
              Dauphin commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought it was so they could justify cramming schools, trains and the like. “If the science doesn’t allow us to do something, we must change the science”

• I've booked a nice apaprtment house rather next to the sea in the mainland (not worth risking an island this year, they will be there next year)
            Greece has extremely low cases and deaths. Countries are pushing us to open the borders so they can come and swim.
            No rats, no tourists
            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; June 14, 2020, 07:55.

Comment

• (pet hamsters are ok)

Comment

• The only land borders that are open are those with bulgaria. So as long as PH doesn't expand that onsetting smile, he's in

Comment

• We're still under 'strict quarantine' (over 100 days already) but people are dumb and the government is a bunch of incompetent thieves, so cases have only gone up, and now a lot of regular people are getting fed up, so things are going to get worse soon.
                  Last edited by N35t0r; June 14, 2020, 09:47.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                    The only land borders that are open are those with bulgaria. So as long as PH doesn't expand that onsetting smile, he's in
                    Don't worry, we've got Brexit lined up to ruin any holiday plans too In fact me and the missus wouldn't mind a holiday later on in the year if things calmed down and the Greek islands are probably the top candidate but, meh, who knows what is happening.
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      We're still under 'strict quarantine' (over 100 days already) are dumb and the government is a bunch of incompetent thieves, so cases have only gone up, and now a lot of regular people are getting fed up, so things are going to get worse soon.
                      I'm sure your government still manages to look good vs. Bojo and his clown troop. Or Trump. I always knew that electing a euphemism for a fart was never going to end well
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Well, yeah. That's not a particularly high bar to cross though.

Our economy wasn't particularly robust before though, and a lot of people have been losing their jobs, so once this is over, things will not be pretty.

Plus, the government has been printing money like mad, in a period with high inflation (something like 40% increase of the monetary base only in April). With the strict quarantine and price controls for a lot of products it hasn't had a lot of impact on prices yet, but sooner or later or will.

​​​
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                        X