No announcement yet.

The Witch Hunt Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wsj says time for the witch hunt to end.

Mueller’s Credibility Problem

The special counsel is stonewalling Congress and protecting the FBI.

By
    The Editorial Board
    Dec. 4, 2017 7:05 p.m. ET

Donald Trump is his own worst enemy, as his many ill-advised tweets on the weekend about Michael Flynn, the FBI and Robert Mueller’s Russia probe demonstrate. But that doesn’t mean that Mr. Mueller and the Federal Bureau of Investigation deserve a pass about their motives and methods, as new information raises troubling questions.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Too bad one cannot read the rest of the opinion piece, as it is behind a paywall
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

He seems to be quite obsessed with walls
        Blah

Comment

That's the second op-ed that I wanted to read there so I might pay today.

edit: Too much money

Comment

Here is Newsmax reporting on that article.

As troubling, Mr. Mueller and the Justice Department kept this information from House investigators, despite Intelligence Committee subpoenas that would have exposed those texts. They also refused to answer questions about Mr. Strzok's dismissal and refused to make him available for an interview."

And it said Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is taking on a questionable role of resisting congressional oversight.

It noted the Justice Department has floated numerous reasons for ignoring the House subpoenas. And it claimed none of them were "persuasive."

"First it claimed cooperation would hurt the Mueller probe, but his prosecutions are proceeding apace," the Journal said. "Then Justice claimed that providing House investigators with classified material could hurt security or sources.

And the Journal said the time has come for Mueller to step down.

"The latest news supports our view that Mr. Mueller is too conflicted to investigate the FBI and should step down in favor of someone more credible," the newspaper said. "The investigation would surely continue, though perhaps with someone who doesn't think his job includes protecting the FBI and Mr. (James) Comey from answering questions about their role in the 2016 election."

Comment

This is the case for a special prosecutor to investigate the FBI and DoJ....

If anyone obstructed justice, it appears to have been Comey’s FBI, not Trump. The relevant statute, 18 U.S.C. Section 1505, makes it a federal crime to “corruptly” obstruct or impede the “due and proper administration of the law” or “any inquiry or investigation…being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress.” It now appears that the due and proper administration of the law was corrupted by Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who argued to his bosses that Clinton lacked the requisite intent to violate the law, all while wanting to see her defeat Trump. (Apparently, Strzok’s pro-Hillary bias was so egregious that even the Special Counsel, who has staffed his team with several prosecutors who donated to Secretary of State Clinton’s campaign, had no option but to immediately sideline the agent once his biases were confirmed in documented communications.)

It is probably a safe bet that Strzok has already lawyered up. If not, he better. After all, if Strzok, who decided not to place Clinton under oathwhen he interviewed her, influenced his bosses’ decision not to charge Clinton (despite her gross mishandling of classified information, destruction of evidence under Congressional subpoena and wiping of her server) without disclosing his personal desire to see her prevail over Trump, a case could be made that he corruptly influenced and impeded his agency’s investigation (and, of course, violated his ethical obligations as a public servant). At any rate, such obstructive conduct would be far worse than any election interference attributed to Russia.

Conversely, if Comey and other supervisors at the DOJ/FBI knew of Strzok’s pro-Hillary biases and stillallowed him to serve as the key agent investigating her and deciding her fate, they arguably obstructed the due administration of justice, which requires that federal officers and agents conduct investigations in a fair and impartial manner.

Either way, if the phrase “justice system” is to retain any meaning, this situation demands the appointment of a special prosecutor immediately — someone with the gravitas of a Rudy Giuliani or Jonathan Turley. With the Department of Justice and FBI stonewalling information requests from Congress, it is sadly becoming clear that once venerable institutions have been politicized and corrupted under the watch of former Attorneys General Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, and Comey. To get to the bottom of this situation will require a special prosecutor to investigate, at minimum, Strzok’s role in the Clinton probe and the FBI’s handling of several investigations, including the one concerning Clinton’s shady uranium dealings with Russia.
              Daily Caller

Comment

• Kidlicious
                Kidlicious commented
                Editing a comment
                "Trump was angered by the news that an FBI official working with special counsel Robert Mueller had sent anti-Trump and pro-Hillary Clinton texts to a girlfriend. Mueller removed the married FBI agent from his team."
                - The Hill

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                uh oh... That aint good. If he was pro-Hillary too then he shouldn't be investigating her people

• Kidlicious
                Kidlicious commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what Goudy said today to the FIB Director. He called it stupid to have that person doing that work because of bias. The Director did not respond in a trustworthy manor, IMO.

Fox is reporting that yet another lawyer is extremely bias, and represented the Clinton Foundation. I already knew all the investigators are political hacks. Idk why it is just now reaching MSM.

Comment

The politics of an investigator do not change the facts of the investigation.
                See again: Kenneth Starr.
                See also: Benghazi.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  The politics of an investigator do not change the facts of the investigation.
                  See again: Kenneth Starr.
                  See also: Benghazi.
                  There are no facts you moron. It's a political witch hunt and conspiracy theory, unlike Whitewater which was an actual investigation of actual criminal activity.

More to the point the investigation has zero credibility except with left wing dip****s like yourself. In other words NO IMPEACHMENT!

Comment

• Berzerker
                    Berzerker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    and you dont think people will go to jail over this? Well, they'll be pardoned. Did Clinton pardon the people busted for Whitewater?

DoJ going through 10,000 emails that Strzok sent to his mistress.

Comment

So they have a whistleblower now saying that they targeted Flynn to ruin his career, and another one with Director Wray telling agents not to call Bengahzi a terrorist attack.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Flynn was an unregistered foreign agent, paid by foreign masters. If he was a Dem, you'd be howling for him to be hung.

• Kidlicious
                      Kidlicious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Beside the point. You a supporting agents targeting people because of their political beliefs not me. I'm better than that

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, at least you don't deny that Trump hired a traitor as his national security advisor.

The American Spectator
                    A Further Perspective

Obama’s Legacy of Bureaucratic Rot: Peter Strzok

December 6, 2017, 12:46 am
                    To reiterate: Special Counsel Mueller’s politically motivated witch-hunt needs to be shut down

When the IRS, EPA, and various other agencies targeted a Houston Tea Party activist, it was pretty clear that the Obama administration had unleashed their many hounds to intimidate and harass political enemies. She and her husband were visited at their place of business, hauled in for questioning, needed expensive legal representation, and basically persecuted and found completely compliant with the law. She wasn’t alone in her suffering. Many activists across America, some journalists unfriendly to the administration, and some conservative institutions faced the same oppression.

The Obama administration, that is President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and the rest of their minions throughout the government used the government for personal purposes politically and to enrich themselves financially. They thought that they were going to win the 2016 Presidential election and so used all branches of government for their own purposes with impunity. Who was going to stop them? Really, who wanted to stop them? No one. The bureaucracy is overwhelmingly Democrat and so the hive mind worked with one, joyful accord.

Why wouldn’t the bureaucracy continue to work together to ensure that Donald Trump never became president? That’s the question. It’s not, “How could they?!” It is, “Why wouldn’t they?” It’s what they were used to doing and it’s what they got away with for eight years.

Why wouldn’t the Clinton folks, through the DNC, hire Fusion GPS to gather “opposition research” to disseminate not only among the media but within the government to give the research an air of credibility? And why wouldn’t Hillary Clinton’s people use a certain agent like Peter Strzok to get the dirty work done? He was compromised by his personal lack of ethics. No doubt, they knew all about Mr. Strzok and his affair and how he was useful.

And Strzok was useful. Investigations dropped, wording softened, political loyalties confirmed. He was perfect.

Does this sound like a script for Mission Impossible? It’s not. This sort of situation happens when one party controls everything and when the bureaucracy is ideologically aligned with that party.

Who would ever find out, anyway? That’s what the Clinton and Obama folks thought. That’s what James Comey thought until a day ago. That may be what Mueller is still thinking. Hillary Clinton would get elected to office. The typical sycophants would be running and covering for the typical things and no voter would be the wiser.
                    When the IRS, EPA, and various other agencies targeted a Houston Tea Party activist, it was pretty clear that the Obama administration had unleashed their many hounds to intimidate and harass political enemies. She and her husband were visited at...

Comment

Blah

Comment

Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This thread is not about your conspiracy theories dip****s.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So it's only about YOUR dip**** conspiracy theories?
                        Working...
                        X