Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    IIRC, you're a fan of Stalin, right?
    You remember incorrectly - I'm a fan of my home city hockey team - Avangard.

Comment

I want to see it but I've heard a lot of negative reviews so I'll probably wait for a good bootleg.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Plan to see it too, what I read so far seemed overwhelmingly positive? However, I'm going to see it soon, but 2d only - I'm a 3d hater
        Blah

Comment

Serb has just fed the American capitalist machine.

When the original bladerunner came out where Soviet citizens even allowed to watch it?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Guess I will watch it sometimes during the coming week or the one after that.

Still hoping that they will show it in the luxury cinema hall of my local cinema, where they have at seat service as well as especially comfortable seats (they only have a single luxury cinema hall and at the moment it is reserved for "It" ...but maybe this will change tthis week or the next one)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Serb likes it because it portrays a world in which CCCP still exists.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                The new movie is full of references to the Holy Bible, like the original one of 1982. Thirty years have passed, but you (Americans) have never learned and still keep going to that "bright future".
                That's because you are so dumb (they've made you so and you have no will to lift-up yourselves to another level).
                Capitalism always ends-up with Imperialism and later - fascism, as a reaction to revolution. Simple as that!
                That is a law of History!

So, my dear Western dummies, thanks for the movie, but we are the only force on this planet, which can stop your inevitable fascism.
                Have a nice day! While you can!
                Well, if this movie is as accurate in its predictions as the last one...
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Gorgeous, thinky, long, slow. Have no desire to discuss this in the context of some weird zombie conflict with Russia.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I will be watching this movie at the new Arclight La Jolla this weekend. Movies are best enjoyed in reclining leather seats with table service that has young girls in skimpy outfits bringing you drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      I will be watching this movie at the new Arclight La Jolla this weekend. Movies are best enjoyed in reclining leather seats with table service that has young girls in skimpy outfits bringing you drinks.
                      Sounds similar to the luxury cinema in our local cinema complex.
                      Unfortunately without the girls iin skimpy outfits ... it is just normally clothed cinema employees who bring the snacks and drinks.

Maybe I should tell the cinema about the "skimpy outfits"-part as a suggestion for improvement

I for my part will watch it a the standard cinema ... the luxury cinema still only has shows for "It" and not for Bladerunner 2049.
                      But at least it is for sure that I will be able to watch Star Wars VIII in said luxury cinema in December
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I dislike leather furniture. I generate far too much heat to ever be really comfortable using it.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Sounds similar to the luxury cinema in our local cinema complex.
                          Unfortunately without the girls iin skimpy outfits ... it is just normally clothed cinema employees who bring the snacks and drinks.

Maybe I should tell the cinema about the "skimpy outfits"-part as a suggestion for improvement

I for my part will watch it a the standard cinema ... the luxury cinema still only has shows for "It" and not for Bladerunner 2049.
                          But at least it is for sure that I will be able to watch Star Wars VIII in said luxury cinema in December
                          The Arclight is pretty good, comfy seats, reserved seating, a full bar, excellent artisan coffee, and the Italian soda mixing machine is kind of cool. The one downside is the snacks just aren't up to snuff. Cinepolis in Del Mar has the Arclight beat when it comes to their menu. I love the hummas and pita bread plate at Cinepolis, their cheese and cold cut plate is pretty top notch, while their TJ style street taco sampler is as authentic as can be. A plate of breaded and deep fried butterfly shrimp can really help improve the movie watching experience especially with the assortment of dipping sauces.

The one downside is Cinepolis is considerably more expensive. This being San Diego though craft beer has worked its way into everything so now even the movie theaters have 25 beers on tap with most being local craft beers.
                          Last edited by Dinner; October 13, 2017, 04:34.

Comment

https://www.thrillist.com/venue/drin...luxury-cinemas

http://www.cinepolisusa.com/locations/cinepolis-luxury-cinemas-del-mar#secondaryNavigation
                            Last edited by Dinner; October 13, 2017, 07:19.

Comment

So it´s a whole cinema complex with several luxury screens?
                              Looks great

I especially like how you can swivel the glass tables for each seat. Ours just have a glass table next to each seat that cannot be swiveled.
                              Maybe that`s something I will definitely write to our Cinemaxx as a suggestion for improvement

Ours is just a single luxury screen inside a "normal" cinema complex:
                              Check das aktuelle Kinoprogramm für dein CinemaxX und kaufe dir deine Kinotickets online

Comment

Yeah both Cinepolis and the Arclight have 11 screens each. The one you linked in Germany still looks pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X