No announcement yet.

Blade runner is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You two are trying too hard to validate Serb's ranting about how decadent and weak the West has become

Comment

I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        You two are trying too hard to validate Serb's ranting about how decadent and weak the West has become
        True
        Without a doubt in cinemas in mother russia, people sit on pure wooden benches with no cushioning at all ... not because russia is so poor, but because the moviegoers are so hardcore
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Serb has just fed the American capitalist machine.

When the original bladerunner came out where Soviet citizens even allowed to watch it?
          Lol!!!
          Of course I've seen the original movie, when I still was a Soviet citizen!
          Western moron!
          I was 10 years old back then though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            Serb likes it because it portrays a world in which CCCP still exists.
            Nah, the CCCP in the movie is portrayed like you you Western mofos have always been portraying us. It's just a perfect Western stamp and it's cool and funny at the same time. That episode suits with the original BR universe just fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

True
              Without a doubt in cinemas in mother russia, people sit on pure wooden benches with no cushioning at all ... not because russia is so poor, but because the moviegoers are so hardcore
              I see you are watching Russian comedy shows time after time and know the jokes about hardcore Russian people from Chelyabinsk.
              Seriously speaking, you are terribly wrong about Russians. In Mother Russia we don't sit on benches - we stand and sing the anthem of Soviet Union, while watching black and white movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post

Lol!!!
                Western moron!
                Then, no, you weren't a Soviet Citizen, eastern moron. Bladerunner came out in 1982 and 10 years later was 1992. Gee, what happened in 1991? So what you are telling me is that one tear after the fall of tge USSR you finally got to see decade old films from the west.

Look, I am glad the fall of the evil totalitarian empire finally made you free enough to see foreign films. Lord knows tgere are some good ones. That said, you did not get to see them until the authoritarian USSR had crumbled into the ash heap of history. I know you guys now suffer under a new authoritarian government where the ruling class is robbing you blind via corruption and where the lack of free trade means you lose still more of your spending power.

I hope you find a way to end the Putin dictatorship because doing so will mean a very real rise in the material wealth of the average Russian citizen. Democratic control would mean policies more in line with the wishes of your average citizen so everyone lives better. It would also mean the dictator would no longer have a lock of control of the media so that more voices could be heard and ultimately better policies can be enacted. One day maybe this will be true in Russia.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Er, Dinner? Have you read about what the nineties were like in Russia? "Democracy" consisted of ex-Soviets snatching up all the old state properties and setting themselves up as oligarchs. Putin was a modest improvement insofar as he centralized the corruption and imposed order. But the democratization of the nineties was actually the nadir of Russian experience in most people's memory. The economy collapsed, there were shortages of almost everything, and Russia was run by literal gangsters for about a decade while Yeltsin did nothing.

To put it another way, when in history was Russia happy, prosperous, and free, all at once? I can't think of a time. It might be possible, but it will be much more complicated than simply getting rid of Putin.

And yes, I'm sure Serb will tell me I'm a brainwashed Western idiot, Russia is happy and free now, blah blah blah.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post

Lol!!!
                    Western moron!
                    Are all Westerners morons?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Then, no, you weren't a Soviet Citizen, eastern moron. Bladerunner came out in 1982 and 10 years later was 1992. Gee, what happened in 1991? So what you are telling me is that one tear after the fall of tge USSR you finally got to see decade old films from the west.
                      You are an idiot, really! I've told you that I WAS ten years old when I saw it.
                      I was born in 1977, that means I've seen it in 1987!
                      Western moron!

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post

Are all Westerners morons?
                        I hope not:

Comment

Dinner is so f*cking dumb!
                          Who told you I was born the same exact year as the original movie, idiot!?
                          You are such a typical Merican.

Comment

You can't even do a basic math!

Comment

F*cking idiot!

Comment

Poor Serb. He is on a bender again.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Serb
                                  Serb commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Poor Oedrin! You can't even remember that both of us were born at the same day - May 15 1977!

Your false assumptions lead to your epic fails.
                                  SILLY!!! YOU ARE!!!
                              Working...
                              X