No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think there is a greek satelite, airspace surveillanve or spy away from northern syria at the moment.i'm pretty sure what I tell you is what went on

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
      Are Russia and Turkey at war now?
      It's difficult, isn't it

Comment

• Thank Trump you nazi liberal

Comment

• Why do Russians get to shoot Turks but if we do it it's war? Not fair

Comment

• Nobody is shooting turks but the legitimate authorized kurdish militia. Don't feel left out
            (they are doing so with gReek firearms so I get a bit democratic and self governing but that's jsut me)

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
              Are Russia and Turkey at war now?
              At the current moment one might still argue that Russia is just defending/helping defend.
              But I guess they will be at war as soon as russian projectiles land on turkish soil.

Which then, I guess, will give Erdogan grounds top invoke the NATO defense case, pulling the whole of NATO into a war against russia
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Genius at work.

Donald Trump raises eyebrows by saying US has been 'bound with Italy since Ancient Rome'
                Mr Trump said: "The United States and Italy are bound together by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to Ancient Rome."
                During the White House meeting between the two leaders, Mr Trump voiced confidence that the US could not lose a tariff war with the European Union as it prepares to impose trade sanctions on up to $7.5 billion worth of EU goods.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...d-with-italy-since-ancient-rome-a4263566.html
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Trump serves Russia, Russia is third Rome, therefore Trump is bound to Rome

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Why didn't Trump just say no, you can't go there?
                    I don't know exactly what was said. Senator Paul said Erdogan told Trump he was invading and Sec. Pompeo confirmed that.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

At the current moment one might still argue that Russia is just defending/helping defend.
                      But I guess they will be at war as soon as russian projectiles land on turkish soil.

Which then, I guess, will give Erdogan grounds top invoke the NATO defense case, pulling the whole of NATO into a war against russia
                      It's not Turkish soil though. It's Syria.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                        Turkey's Erdogan 'threw Trump's Syria letter in bin'
                        Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan put US President Donald Trump's letter "in the bin", the BBC has been told.

In the letter dated 9 October, and sent after US troops were pulled out of Syria, Mr Trump told Mr Erdogan: "Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool!"

President Trump was urging Turkey not to launch a military offensive against Kurdish-led forces in northern Syria, but Mr Erdogan ignored this request.

US Vice President Mike Pence is now in Ankara to push for a ceasefire.

The US has faced intense criticism for the withdrawal of troops, which critics say gave Turkey the green light to launch the military attack.
                        The letter told Mr Erdogan not to be "a fool" by launching a military offensive in northern Syria.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

It's not Turkish soil though. It's Syria.
                          Sure ... but turkish air bases (on turkish soil) may be possible targets for syrian or russian fighter-bombers
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Sure ... but turkish air bases (on turkish soil) may be possible targets for syrian or russian fighter-bombers
                            That's why Turkey is a sucky ally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I don't know exactly what was said. Senator Paul said Erdogan told Trump he was invading and Sec. Pompeo confirmed that.
                              Sounds to me like the leader of the free world, commander of the greatest military on the planet, and self-proclaimed very tough guy was bullied by a tinpot dictator.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Why didn't Trump just say no, you can't go there?
                                Turkey wants to resettle refugees in Syria, that means reclaiming Syrian land from Kurds.

Comment

Working...
                                X