No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a mess... The country was flooded with weapons to topple Assad's regime, millions of Syrians ran for their lives and the west wants neighboring countries to absorb the refugees. Turkey's been home to a couple million and they want them to go back to Syria, but their lands are occupied by Kurds and other factions who took them when people fled.

From what I understand the PKK (or is it PPK) are strongest along the border because they have their eyes on Kurdish lands within E Turkey to build their own country and the Turks have been at war with them a long time. So it comes down to this: who owns that land? The survivors of the population living there before the war. As much as I want the Kurds to have their own country they cant keep other people's lands.

I understand the Kurds are allying with Assad and Syrian forces are going to the border. The Turks better back off soon or another war will break out. Apparently Russian troops are also involved trying to deter Turkish advances into Syrian territory. I dont know yet if Trump told Erdogan he could create his buffer zone for refugees to occupy. Kinda ironic its Assad and the Kurds negotiating against Turkey when its actually Turkey fighting for the return of the legitimate owners to those lands. Maybe I'm missing pieces to the puzzle...

Comment

• Where did the Kurds come from if that's not their land, Iraq? Let them go back there.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Traditionally NE Syria across N Iraq into NW Iran and north into E Turkey, basically a rough circular location centered around Mt Ararat I think.

Comment

• Yeah. The Kurds are different groups. As I understand, the Kurds in Iraq get along with Turkey. Maybe Iraq doesn't want them.

Comment

• I guess they stay there if Assad and Putin protect them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              Trump is the best president the US can have.
              But some americans are too stoopid to realize it.
              For the nazi ones like dinner I don't give a ****
              but for the otjhers?

I wonder
              People with diabetes are dying because they can't afford insulin and we have the best possible president? **** you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                Embarassment for the world stage?

Are you a ****ing american? This guy protects your fyucking country 100%
                Go home, paiktis, you're drunk.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• When is he not?
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    When is he not?
                    When he's not posting here?
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• It would seem that a number of posters here are fundamentally unhappy with their lives.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

When he's not posting here?
                        He seems to be just like Serb in these regards
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          It would seem that a number of posters here are fundamentally unhappy with their lives.
                          I don't think that's news.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• The End is Near.

Comment

• You ****ing people don't understand the GENIUS of Trump when it comes to russian/turkish/syrian relationship.
                              He has made the perfect noose and you're still navel - gasing

****ing christ.

If I was american I would be very very glad to have Trump as a president.

If the good of USA was in mind that is

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post

People with diabetes are dying because they can't afford insulin and we have the best possible president? **** you.
                                I'm for universal health care.
                                This needs to be said.
                                But you americans don't like paying for another man's health.

I GET THAT.

Europe is different in this regard

Still we are talking geopolitics not ****ing health insurance (which is of course important)

Comment

Working...
                                X