Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Just for example, the President never even suggested that he was going to shoot anyone, and he didn't actually mean that people would still support him. ...
    He literally said that he coulod shoot someone and would not lose votes.
    That he didn't mean it verbatim (i.e. that he really believes that he could shoot someone without losing voters) is just your interpretation.
    From the narcisstic personality he has displayed so far during his time as PotUS I woiuld actually believe that he means it verbatim
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 8, 2018, 21:39.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Proteus, he says stuff but doesn't actually mean what he says... at least that's what I'm getting from Kidiot.

So... is he lying or did he really mean what he said? Or is he not control of his walnut sized brain and says stuff uncontrollably (this may be a sign of severe dementia)?

He's not the type that admits any sort of fault. That will be his downfall later.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
        Proteus, he says stuff but doesn't actually mean what he says... at least that's what I'm getting from Kidiot.
        Yes, I believe most Trumpists treat Trump like an empty canvas.
        If the things Donnie says fit to them (their expecations/beliefs) in a positive way, then Donnie (in the eyes of the Trumpists), of course, has meant it literally.
        If the things Donnie says/does can only be interpreted negatively, then, of course, his words/actions get ignored by Trumpists or they say that Donnie didn't mean it literally.
        (likewise they treat things said by Democrats or the free press the other way round)

(also they, of course, also won't do a fact check ... when Donnie says that Obama left the economy in shambles and only he (Donnie) brought it up from ruins, then this is so, without any need to prove ... and anyone who suggests that the economy under Obama was quite good and the economy is just following the trend of the Obama years is, of course, spreading fake news)

So, no matter what Donnie says, he can do no fail in the eyes of Trumpists, as every negative thing gets blended out
        Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 8, 2018, 22:26.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ly/1241835002/

Plaid Shirt Guy 2020!

He said he wanted to hear the so called "President" speak and he was making faces because of it... man... if I was sitting there too I would be as well. Seems like the "President" has bad gas.

But damn... look at those shrinking crowds. If Donny can't even get the deplorables out, the GOP is in big trouble.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Ming or whoever has the powers of Zeus on here. I always thought Rah was an administrator?
            For the record, read my location. I gave up my ownership a while back. No more powers.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

For the record, read my location. I gave up my ownership a while back. No more powers.
              I guess I need to get up to speed heheh... I'm stuck in the past sometimes lol.

How could you give up super powers though?

Comment

• Sweden had an election today...

https://www.dw.com/en/sweden-electio...tes/a-45408590

Official Count:

Social Democrats: 28.1
                Sweden Democrats: 17.9
                Moderates: 19.3
                Left Party: 8.1
                Centre Party: 8.8
                Christian Democrats: 6.4
                Liberal Party: 5.4
                Green Party:4.4
                While the Trumpist Far Right "Sweden Democrats" did make gains, it is not as expected. They were thought to be the second largest party, but with more counting going on it seems like the idea that many Social Democrats don't answer exit polling may be true.

MAny opinion polls were projecting the Sweden Democrats would get above 20%+ of the vote. Some even said 22-25%. So they did underperform, and seem to be losing percentage points as the count continues. At one point, they were projected to get 19.2% of the vote.

If they drop below 17%, then the opinion polls were seriously off. Nonetheless, they still made gains. Not the gains many were expecting.

Comment

• Pride of the Royal Navy....
                  Originally posted by BBC
                  'Drunk Royal Navy sailors arrested on Florida shore leave'

Royal Navy sailors, reportedly from the UK's £3.1bn flagship aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth, have been arrested in Florida.

The sailors, on shore leave, began fighting and urinating in public, according to local newspaper reports.

Six crew members were arrested on drunk and disorderly charges on Wednesday, Sgt Larry Smith of Jacksonville Beach police department is quoted as saying.

At least one sailor was tasered after resisting arrest, the reports add.

The Ministry of Defence confirmed that six naval personnel were arrested but were unable to confirm whether they were from HMS Queen Elizabeth or other support ships.

A Navy spokesman said crew were "assisting US police with their enquiries", adding: "It would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.
                  The crew members were fighting and urinating in public, local newspaper reports say.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    Does someone need moderator powers for something? I can probably do whatever it is.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I would love great powers like that. It would turn me on in so many ways. *gets out the whips* lol.

Comment

• Sam Gamgee knew that great powers can lead to great corruption
                        And willfully gave the ring of power to Frodo.

And was finally rewarded with Rosie, a few children and,after a while, with Frodos house at bags end

Comment

• The "great power" the Ring tempted him with was a really gigantic garden--it gets confused trying to tempt non-Gollum hobbits, since they don't do ambition--and he had more than "a few" children per the family tree in the back of the book.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                            Sam Gamgee knew that great powers can lead to great corruption
                            And willfully gave the ring of power to Frodo.

And was finally rewarded with Rosie, a few children and,after a while, with Frodos house at bags end

Comment

• Wage increase fastest since April 2009.

Time for JohnT to do more hacking.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• So "wage increase" is as fast as it was under Obama?

Anyway, cite? I mean, your good with the unsubstantiated claims and fantastic with the misread (and misunderstood) charts, but citation or it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X