Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Do you know price gouging kills? Your man Martin Shkrieli would know.
    Well, remember that Kid is totally O.K. with people not being able to afford necessary medical procedures (or medicines),
    as long as those who can afford them are treated with the best efficiency possible
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Health care is a Luxury that should be the exclusive privilege of those who make at least $1,000,000 a year!
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Something else from that townhall.com site that caught my attention.
        Trump Administration Sets Up Judicial Showdown: They're Going To Hold Migrant Children Indefinitely

The Trump administration announced a new rule Thursday that would allow immigrant children with their parents to be held in detention indefinitely, upending a ban on indefinite detention that has been in place for 20 years.

The rule, proposed by the departments of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services, goes into effect in 60 days and will allow Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to keep children with their mothers in detention facilities while their cases for asylum play out in court.

A DHS official speaking on the condition of anonymity said the purpose of the rulemaking is to terminate the 1997 Flores settlement agreement that said children could not be held in detention longer than 20 days. The result may mean the issue is taken to appellate courts or even the Supreme Court.

Officials argue that the rulemaking is legal because they will be holding children in ICE facilities that have been evaluated by third parties.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• I think Trump, ICE officials and anyone else who greenlights this needs to be put on trial for crimes against humanity. Life sentences mandatory. ICE doesn't just need to be disbanded. Its agents need to be arrested and tried.

ICE is a terrorist organization masquerading as law enforcement.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I'm not an HR person, but I think it's a bad sign when an employee writes a poison pen letter calling you a brain dead *******, and you can't narrow it down to 100 people...
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• https://www.vox.com/2018/9/6/1782649...naugh-hearings

Kamala Harris (who should consider a run in 2020) is making quite a name for herself. She directly questioned Kavanaugh on his ties to the Kasowitz law firm and a meeting that occurred about the Mueller investigation.

Kavanaugh had difficulty answering the question and finally denied it days later.

I'm having difficulty believing that he isn't compromised integrity wise. There is something very corrupt about this man and the fact he could made a Supreme Court justice is troubling.

​​​​​This could undermine the entire justice system in the country when someone like Kavanaugh is clearly tied to this deeply corrupt and criminal administration. No matter the result of these hearings, Trump will go down and it won't be pretty. While he could subvert justice federally, he can't do **** if a state goes after him for crimes.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Well, remember that Kid is totally O.K. with people not being able to afford necessary medical procedures (or medicines),
                as long as those who can afford them are treated with the best efficiency possible
                People who understand basic economics know that that saves the most lives. You sound like an idiot.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                  Health care is a Luxury that should be the exclusive privilege of those who make at least $1,000,000 a year!
                  I see. You don't have an intelligent response, so instead you argue against a caricature. That will convince many idiots. Good for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

People who understand basic economics know that that saves the most lives. You sound like an idiot.
                    The universal healthcare systems that practically all western nations except the USA have implemented prove the opposite
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Kidlicious
                      Kidlicious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No. You just have more efficient death panels.

• Broken_Erika
                      Broken_Erika commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And yet they still have longer life expectancy. And a fraction of the health care costs.

• This is the list of geniuses that LEAD the Democrats and are demanding more time to decide what they have already decided and made public ...

Schumer

Harris

Warren

Pelosi

Sanders

Comment

• Oh those geniuses that the Ds elected to represent them think that using your power as a Congressman or woman to disrupt the hearing of a perfectly qualified person is civil disobedience. I guess that figures since they have no idea what racism is and a lot of other stuff.

Comment

• Winning an election isn't oppressing you. Every single Democrat belongs in a mental institution.

Comment

Oh those geniuses that the Ds elected to represent them think that using your power as a Congressman or woman to disrupt the hearing of a perfectly qualified person is civil disobedience. I guess that figures since they have no idea what racism is and a lot of other stuff.
                          Completely unqualified corrupt judge who shouldn't be anywhere near the Supreme Court. You are an ass. **** off already.

Comment

Winning an election isn't oppressing you. Every single Democrat belongs in a mental institution.
                            Try actually winning. Not losing by three million votes. Enjoy it because 2016 will be the last one you "win" in a long ass time.

More republican voters are dying off and you successfully angered a sleeping giant in younger generations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Completely unqualified corrupt judge who shouldn't be anywhere near the Supreme Court. You are an ass. **** off already.
                              This lifetime position for supreme judges is really unfortunate as, unless the Democrats manage to impeach Kavanaugh or have the nomination/voting be declared void, he will most likely be supreme judge for decades to come. (all under the assumption that the vote succeeds ... but I have no doubts that all republicans will vote pro Kavanaugh, no matter what dirt upon Kavanaugh will be uncovered ... their supreme leader, Donnie, want Kavanaugh to protect him from the Mueller investigation, and his republican minions obey)

Comment

Working...
                              X