Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    http://time.com/5343999/turkey-erdogan-economic-crisis/

I give it two years tops befoee Turkey is heading to a Zimbabwe style melt down.
    Was quite clear that this would happen ... most probably the main reason why Erdogan preponed the elections.
    Had he held the elections after the economic meltdown, his reelection wuld have been doubtful, even with the level of election manipulation he used
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Turkey is officially at 1,800% inflation and rising fast. The dictator has forced the state owned backs to make so many questionable loans that all the bad debts now exceed total government yearly revenue. The dictator even made his son head of the central bank. No, he doesn't have any experience doing such a thing but what could go wrong.

Like Venezuela it seems Turkey needs to learn a hard lesson about what voting for stupid gets you.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Like Venezuela it seems Turkey needs to learn a hard lesson about what voting for stupid gets you.
        This is actually funny coming from a country that has elected Trump as president
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/polit...ces/index.html

People who have broken no rules but who criticized Trump our pointed out truths he does not like may have their security clearances revoked in retaliation by Trump. These are all national security advisors or former national security advisors. What ever you do don't ever tell Trump a truth he does not want to hear.

How is it some people still support this fool?

Comment

• He brings pain and misery to the human race. He is therefore essential.

And will get re-elected. Father Satan will make sure.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• aww I hurt some feelings and offended some spineless liberal worms.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

• And it looks like my Devil-worshiping also offended some uppity, floofy-doof, snitch-first ask questions later, wear as tight slacks as I can, "I drive a Porsche," I am immortal and rich, clueless conservatives as well.

Damn, I am just on a roll. **** BOTH of you *****es.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

• I don't drive Porsches I prey to demons to smash them or have them shot up in hit and runs.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

• NOW WHAT I DO?

Order of the Fly

Comment

https://www.larouchepub.com/other/20..._hyperinf.html

Turkey is officially at 1,800% inflation and rising fast. The dictator has forced the state owned backs to make so many questionable loans that all the bad debts now exceed total government yearly revenue. The dictator even made his son head of the central bank. No, he doesn't have any experience doing such a thing but what could go wrong.

I know official figures are usually verbal diarrhea, but the official rate is 12.2%. That's a bit of a gap between that figure and 1,800%. Is the government completely lying? Why the major discrepency? I don't think even the IMF puts it at 1,800%.

http://www.imf.org/external/datamapp...@WEO/OEMDC/TUR - 11.4% (lower than government figure, though older).

I think Erdogan is a P.O.S. who has abused LGBT people in particular however... and at one point while the economy was strengthening under Erdogan (prior to the coup), it has started to backtrack and disintegrate. Turkey was booming for a while and had major construction booms, but that seemed to end dramatically after the failed coup.

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/polit...ces/index.html

People who have broken no rules but who criticized Trump our pointed out truths he does not like may have their security clearances revoked in retaliation by Trump. These are all national security advisors or former national security advisors. What ever you do don't ever tell Trump a truth he does not want to hear.

How is it some people still support this fool?
                        Trump, Maduro, Erdogan... all vile.

By the way, Trump and the GOP's economic policies have put this nation in a really bad spot when another recession happens. We no longer have monetary policy. We may be entering a period of major inflation too.

So Trump is just as bad as Erdogan.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Yes, Fez, the government is lying. This should not surprise you.
                          Last edited by Dinner; July 24, 2018, 06:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                            I think Erdogan is a P.O.S. who has abused LGBT people in particular however... and at one point while the economy was strengthening under Erdogan (prior to the coup), it has started to backtrack and disintegrate. Turkey was booming for a while and had major construction booms, but that seemed to end dramatically after the failed coup.
                            Actually, after the failed coup Erdogan started lots of state construction works (paid for by increasing the debts of Turkey)., and also forbade the state bank to increase the key interest rates (depsite the economic experts all telling him that they have to be increased).

All in order to give the turkish citizens the impression of a booming economy.

And all things that will, over long, cause the turkish economy to come crashing down even harder
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yes, Fez. Yes, the government is lying. Thos should not surprise you.
                              My name is Giancarlo. I am not sure about the link you posted. Bloomberg did an independent survey and they too were around the the 12% range.

I just need to see more evidence supporting the claim of 1,800% inflation.

Believe I would be smiling from ear to ear when Erdogan is finally kicked to the curb, but I am very wary over what I read on the Internet.

​​​
                              Last edited by Giancarlo; July 24, 2018, 02:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Actually, after the failed coup Erdogan started lots of state construction works (paid for by increasing the debts of Turkey)., and also forbade the state bank to increase the key interest rates (depsite the economic experts all telling him that they have to be increased).

All in order to give the turkish citizens the impression of a booming economy.

And all things that will, over long, cause the turkish economy to come crashing down even harder
                                There are a number of other causes for their weakening economy beyond that, including a sharp drop off of foreign direct investment, a costly bungled intervention in Syria, weak consumer spending, and endless corruption scandals.

Comment

Working...
                                X