Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
    Enforce and Punish!
    Enforce yes. Punish is a different branch, but you are thinking right.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• More than three-quarters of U.S. law enforcement officers say they are reluctant to use force when necessary, and nearly as many — 72% — say they or their colleagues are more reluctant to stop and question people who seem suspicious as a result of increased scrutiny of police, according to a new study published Wednesday by the Pew Research Center.

The survey — conducted between May 19 and Aug. 14 with officers at 54 departments — comes on the heels of a year when several big cities — including Chicago, Indianapolis, Memphis, and San Antonio — dealt with surges in murder rates. In the midst of last year’s spike, FBI Director James Comey suggested an increase in violent crime in some cities may be a result of a less-aggressive law enforcement approach in the face of increased public scrutiny.
      Good article talking about the Ferguson Effect. This study shows that black people are dying because of BLM protesting justified shootings.
      Last edited by Kidlicious; July 17, 2018, 12:45.

Comment

• What they really need is a wireless multi-shot taser weapon. Or some other non-lethal weapon so they don't have to rely on handguns so much.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Good article talking about the Ferguson Effect. This study shows that black people are dying because of BLM protesting justified shootings.
          Then why are they shooting people in record numbers? Often unarmed minorities. I guess holding a cell phone is a deadly weapon.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• They're dying either way so they might as well protest about it.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I meant to say, "Putin is a poopyhead". But it came out wrong.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Does everyone here know that when you use a double negative in Russian, you are actually making it a really strong negative, not a positive?
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is true.

• A simple way to prevent police killing people would be changing the targets at the shooting ranges - any shots at head or heart region are an immediate failure while hits in arms or legs are a plus.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• The only problem is that extremity shots are more difficult and not usually disabling. Of course if the victim is laying on the ground they really don't need to empty their clip.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    The only problem is that extremity shots are more difficult and not usually disabling. Of course if the victim is laying on the ground they really don't need to empty their clip.
                    Sure they are more difficult which is the reason to practice them.

I'm pretty sure that shooting someone in the arm that might carry a gun would be disabling the person from using that gun but still be able to do a bodily attack but I assume that even american police are able to handle such.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• This is not exactly like the movies where they can shoot the gun out of the guys hand. Besides if you're aiming for the arm, there's a higher probability that you might miss, and then have to worry about bystanders. But yeah, it would be nice if all the police could shoot like that. But even them police use their guns so rarely, experience in real life is hard to come by.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Most police officers never discharge their firearm anywhere other than the shooting range over the course of their entire career. So if they do need to use their firearm, it's likely their first time doing so and they're in the middle of a tense, potentially life threatening situation. There's only so much you can train someone for that, so expecting them to accurately aim for anywhere other than center mass is probably not reasonable.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                          A simple way to prevent police killing people would be changing the targets at the shooting ranges - any shots at head or heart region are an immediate failure while hits in arms or legs are a plus.
                          Insane

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Then why are they shooting people in record numbers? Often unarmed minorities. I guess holding a cell phone is a deadly weapon.
                            We don't have dependable statistics on that. It's a crazy accusation as well. What we do have is a study that shows that police are not engaging with criminal suspects like they used to, which indicates that they likely are not shooting as many people.

Comment

• Its not an accusation. Where are your facts? Oh wait you're a perpetual liar.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                              X