Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

No one cares about Ann Coulter, least of all me, as we all know she is nothing but a paid shill. As for your idiotic question about "suckling babes pulled from the arms of their mothers"... Name a country where that does not happen when the mother is arrested and is sent to jail?

Go ahead name one. These are people being held for criminal offenses. EVERYONE held for criminal offenses goes to jail and doesn't get to keep their children with them. That is the truth and you know it so please stop with the phone emotional manipulation attempts. Criminals go to jail and if they are unhappy about being in jail maybe they shouldn't have done the crime if they are unable to do the time?
    In all other western countries, asylum seekers (even if they crossed the border illegally) aren't sent to jail for it.
    Not even in countries like hungary or poland, whose right-wing governments have a rather hard stance on asylum seekers

And regarding cases where normal citizens with children get sent to prison) ...
    I don't know about other countries, but in germany every federal states has its own regulations.
    In Northrhine westphalia, for example mothers and kids get separated ... but in lower saxony, mothers with very small children (age < 3 years) actually can be allowed to take their kids with them to prison (there are special equipped prison tracts in some lower saxony prisons, which have toys and other accommodations for the children, as well as special support).

Nevertheless there is one important difference between a citizen imprisoned and the tactics of imprisoning asylum seekers:
    In case of citizens where ony parent gets imprisoned, there still is a huge chance of there being the other parent, or grandparents or aunts and so on, who can take care of the kid.
    So the chance of the kid having to go to a foster home or to foster parents it doesn't know are rather miniscule.
    Whereas for the imprisoned asylum seekers in the USA (I guess) it is rather the norm than the exception that the kids get sent to foster homes or totally unknown foster parents, because there are no known close relatives in the USA
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; June 18, 2018, 15:22.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Arresting parents and thus separating them from their children is a change in policy and behavior. Trump, along with Oerdin and Kid, thought this would be a deterrent. They were wrong. Trump, along with Oerdin and Kid, thinks the majority of Americans will support this change. That remains to be seen.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• They are not asylum seekers. Please stop lying. Asylum seekers need only present themselves at a border crossing and they will be processed though the wait will depend upon capacity and demand. If people decide to cross illegally then they have committed a crime, they will be charged for that crime, and they will be held while awaiting trial as they are obvious flight risks. After being caught committing a crime you are not absolved of your crime by later saying "Oh, I also want to file an asylum claim". People in jail do not get to take their children with them in any country which I know of so please stop with the bull****.

If you don't want to face the penalty for committing a crime then don't commit crimes. Do things the legal way and prese t yourself at a legal border crossing. There is nothing wrong with that position, it follows every international treaty, and it is very moral. The immoral actors in this story are the criminals who are breaking the law and then crying when they get treated exactly the same as every other criminal.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

... People in jail do not get to take their children with them in any country which I know of so please stop with the bull****.
          Your claim is funny, because even in the USA there are cases of mothers taking their children with them to prison.
          Seems like you don't know the USA
          See here:
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sentences.html

Also:
          As of May 2013, nine states have prison nurseries in the United States: New York, Nebraska, Washington, Ohio, Indiana, South Dakota, Illinois, West Virginia, and Wyoming

And, as I said, in germany lower saxony is one of several federal states, which have prison facilities that are equipped to accomodate female prisoners together with their babies.
          Here is a german article about it:
          http://www.sueddeutsche.de/leben/str...ngnis-1.959844
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

EVERYONE held for criminal offenses goes to jail and doesn't get to keep their children with them.
            From elsewhere...

True, but parents arrested for crimes are given the opportunity to place the minor child with an adult. The children will only be removed by CPS after a hearing in-front of a Judge with an ad-litem appointed for the children and a court appointed attorney for the adult. If the government isn't trying to take custody over the child, the adult caregiver designated by the arrested parent keeps them.

93% of border-crossers are being charged with misdemeanors. In 98% of misdemeanor cases, the parents are not held in custody awaiting trail. In 0% of misdemeanor cases, the government takes custody of the children while the parents await trail.

If the state does take custody, unless the Judge determines it would be harmful to the child to continue contact with the parent, they will be given access and communication while the parent is incarcerated. They are required by law to provide notification to the incarcerated parent if the state attempts to move them, and be notified of their current caregiver.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Your claim is funny, because even in the USA there are cases of mothers taking their children with them to prison.
              Seems like you don't know the USA
              See here:
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sentences.html

Also:

And, as I said, in germany lower saxony is one of several federal states, which have prison facilities that are equipped to accomodate female prisoners together with their babies.
              Here is a german article about it:
              http://www.sueddeutsche.de/leben/str...ngnis-1.959844
              1) I believe those are for female inmates who give birth while in prison.

2) I would be ok with allowing small children to remain in prison with their mothers (in fact one bill before the house would allow just that) though both of us already know the same lying bleeding hearts who are lying and crying big fake crocodile tears now will also Nash their teeth and cry big fake crocodile tears over that as well.

The fact is these people want open borders and want to let criminal law breakers go free with no punishment. The rest of us want an end to the lawlessness and we want the law enforced. Both the Obama and Bush administrations agreed that the law allowed this but both chose to waive those sections because they didn't like the optics. I personally dislike officials simply ignoring laws they dislike and feel if they want to change the law then they should go through the legal process instead.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                We in Canada have had a record number of border jumpers since Trump was elected. Unlike Israel, we don't shoot people at the border, and (seriously) the Canadian government is currently reviewing whether Canada sees the USA as a safe country under the Third Country Agreement with the USA. Good thing Trump is making friends with the leaders of other pariah states.

• President Space Cadet made an Important announcement...
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• There is a difference between allows and requires.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Wait a sec... didn't Trump say, repeatedly, that he could do whatever he wanted, just watch me? … that he could pardon anyone?... But now he can't undo what Sessions did without the Democrats permission? So, how did he lose his powers, or is he just admitting to be full of contradictions?,,,,
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Read her latest piece on Adios which is very fact filled and not at all an opinion piece. She explains what happens at the border to illegal crossers. There is so much misinformation and outright disinformation that it is nice to see a straight just the facts article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                      President Space Cadet made an Important announcement...
                      I admit, I couldn't stop laughing at how retarded the name "Space Force" was and all the radio jocks were making fun of him yesterday. Trump deserved every second of those clowning too.

Comment

• Broken_Erika
                        Broken_Erika commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Laugh now, but when the Moon Nazis attack, you'll be glad you have a space farce!

• Sparky, wrt your comment on my previous post: I think that is great as it means we can unload all the cheats, fraudsters, and gritters on to you guys. Canadian taxpayers can then pay to have them sit around, not work, and commit crime. That is win-win as we get rid of the fraudsters and you guys get to feel smug up until citizens realize what a terrible mistake their politicians made.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are a Kidiot. The ones I've met are mostly west African and Haitian are running for their lives. Not all border jumpers are grifters and thieves like your President's family.

• We aren't as racist as republicans and some democrats.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think that is great as it means we can unload all the cheats, fraudsters, and gritters on to you guys. Canadian taxpayers can then pay to have them sit around, not work, and commit crime.
                        I presume the "rapists" are included as well?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                          President Space Cadet made an Important announcement...
                          Had to do something to counter "Won't someone think about the children "
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X