Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    Hatch Act specifically does not apply to the President and Vice President.

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnT View Post
    Talk to the hand!
    I know how much you must hate police, and white people.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Nike is a tenant of the President. Maybe their rent is going to increase.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Talk to the hand!

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

There is a big difference between private citizens calling for a boycott of certain shows or brands and administration officials doing so
    (like Trump and Sarah Huckabee constantly doing)

To say it with an example:
    I am sure that you remember the baker who successfully fought befoe court, that he has the freedom not to bake a wedding cake for same sex couples.

Well, restaurant owners have the same freedom to refuse to serve Trumpist administration officials.

Likewise private people have the freedom to call for a boycott of advertiser who, by buying commercials during these shows, support shows in which the hosts show dehumanizing behavior (for example by claiming that the victims of mass shootings are method actors)

Again, as I said, there is a big difference between private people doing this and the administration doing it (just like, for example, the 1st amendment doesn't extend to private businesses ... a private owner of a web forum, for example, can limit your "1st amendment rights" as his heart desires).
    If the administration (and its officials) tries to blacklist businesses and people (like the Trump administration constantly does), I am sure it is more in the realm of illegal, than if private citizens do.
    (you, conservatives, can do so as well ... and I guess you are only complaining, because conservative attempts at blacklisting are less successful than the liberal ones (just look at the constant Propaganda tweets Donnie creates against the NYT and CNN ... but actually, they are better off than before the Trump administration ))
    They never called for boycotts. If you are going to lie why not make it short? Do you think you can fool people by your fluff?

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Nike (-3.16%)

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180904_161219.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	745.5 KB
ID:	9359139

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    I believe this administration has violated the Hatch act multiple times. It actually could be illegal. I'm unsure if the Hatch Act extends to Trump himself. Something that needs to be looked into.
    Last edited by Giancarlo; September 4, 2018, 16:16.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    So your "source" is an opinion article about a radio interview with ancient C-list actor ORSON BEAN (and Andrew Breitbart's father-in-law) complaining about Marxist professors and taking a knee. If you read the article, you'll see he doesn't even claim there's an actual blacklist. Pathetic.

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I guess Proteus doesn't think blacklisting conservatives is a funny issue. Maybe that's why his CNN never tells that joke.
    There is a big difference between private citizens calling for a boycott of certain shows or brands and administration officials doing so
    (like Trump and Sarah Huckabee constantly doing)

To say it with an example:
    I am sure that you remember the baker who successfully fought befoe court, that he has the freedom not to bake a wedding cake for same sex couples.

Well, restaurant owners have the same freedom to refuse to serve Trumpist administration officials.

Likewise private people have the freedom to call for a boycott of advertiser who, by buying commercials during these shows, support shows in which the hosts show dehumanizing behavior (for example by claiming that the victims of mass shootings are method actors)

Again, as I said, there is a big difference between private people doing this and the administration doing it (just like, for example, the 1st amendment doesn't extend to private businesses ... a private owner of a web forum, for example, can limit your "1st amendment rights" as his heart desires).
    If the administration (and its officials) tries to blacklist businesses and people (like the Trump administration constantly does), I am sure it is more in the realm of illegal, than if private citizens do.
    (you, conservatives, can do so as well ... and I guess you are only complaining, because conservative attempts at blacklisting are less successful than the liberal ones (just look at the constant Propaganda tweets Donnie creates against the NYT and CNN ... but actually, they are better off than before the Trump administration ))

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

But, but, how else should a (potentially) criminal administration protect itself from prosecution,if not by appointing their own judges?
    Won't save their asses if they get prosecuted in a state court like New York. But this could hurt minorities and many others. Kavanaugh has no business being in the SCOTUS.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180904_132640.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	523.6 KB
ID:	9359130

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Says the guy who supports a party -14% in the House race. Not looking so good.

An administration under several major criminal investigations shouldn't be appointing judges.
    But, but, how else should a (potentially) criminal administration protect itself from prosecution,if not by appointing their own judges?

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    Some real juicy tidbits from Bob Woodward’s upcoming book. I’m pretty sure he is off the Trump org Christmas card list.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    We live in a country where half the country will intentionally eat food that will kill them faster just to spite Michelle Obama, intentionally drive cars that will produce more CO2 and give their kids asthma just to spite the EPA, and destroy their own clothes and coffee makers to spite Kaepernick.

Welcome to the Kiderdome, where the greatest damage is always self-inflicted!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X