Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner
    replied
    Everything funded or partially funded by the feds is vastly over inflated in cost. It is why you have union labor laws where a guy pushing a broom gets $30 per hour, why a heavy equipment operator gets $75 per hour, hell, it is why I get paid $70 an hour to be an inspector. I literally sit there six hours per day (at least) watching what other people do then test it 1-2 hours per day then write a report about what other people did that day. Yet that is supposed to justify my six figure yearly pay (more than 100k but less than 200k before over time which adds a lot and them I have another income source as well).

I'd say that needs to change because taxpayers are getting ripped off but I am so loving getting over paid I can't bring myself to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    It will have 2 coats of paint...

• pchang
    replied
    $1.3B for 33 miles = $39M+ per mile. Seems excessive, no?

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    As I said, sensors and drones are best in rural areas instead of a fence.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    Why a wall (outside of dense urban areas) and not drones?

JM

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    "Congress allocated $1.3 billion to build a total of about 33 miles"

Now that is a problem and no two ways around it. The border is just under 2000 miles long so 33 miles of fence isn't remotely enough. I do not want the full 2000 miles fenced but all the areas which are not desert should be fenced to push would be traffickers to the most dangerous and least hospitable areas.

Make it harder and then concentrate law enforcement personal there.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    The ecological desaster that Trumps wall (if it ever would be built) will cause

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Trumps State of the Union... Pelosi cancels citing security concerns.
    Trump is happiest when he is lying to a huge audience. Well, security. He can't argue against that when billions of Mexican rapist/murderers are illegally crossing the US border EVERY SECOND!!! And they aren't the good kind of rapists that end up supreme court justices.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    It's a valid rule!

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    very similar.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Using the ever-popular "smelt it, dealt it" rule there, Rah?

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    In my experiences the one usually accusing others is more likely the bigger one.

Leave a comment:

• spambot
    replied
    White male boomers are the biggest snowflakes of all.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hindenburg.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	9370748

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    I thought a lot about CNN these days because I'm wondering if Kate did emBolduan the enemy when the big bad Wolf hired this Jake guy to wireTapper Trump Tower!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X