X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois overtaking California!

In the bankruptcy sweepstakes...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rnor-vows-veto

The best thing is that Ming and rah's taxes went up 32 percent this year! Go Ming and rah!

It is unclear if the passed tax increase will be sufficient to placate S&P. Recall July 1 was the date when the credit agencies said they would drop the state to “junk” status without a budget. Ultimately, the fate of Illinois' credit rating is now in the hands of Rauner, and whether and how fast his imminent veto is overridden.

Ultimately, Illinois faces a lose-lose dilemma: get junked and see its funding costs soar, or save its lowest possible investment grade rating, and watch as what is already the worst metropolitan exodus (recently the population of Chicago shrank the most of any US city), go into overdrive as tens of thousands more scramble to escape the state's soaring tax rates.
    Can you say "death spiral"?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

There's a lot of variation in the way states levy the individual income tax. Here's a comparison of individual income tax rates & brackets among U.S. states

Here's a great chart to show you were not to live. See that big zero? You don't want to live in those places. They are hellholes. The bigger the number the better! That's why you want that 13.3 percent!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Troll.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Yes, I do... and may I be the first to welcome you back...

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

according to the chart, Illinois had the lowest rate of the states taxing income if it saw a %32 increase this year

they're still among the lowest and they have a flat rate, hell, they're lower than the rate here and we have Mr Conservative Sam Brownback in charge

here's the thing about taxes, in Topeka our streets kinda suck and infrastructure seems poor but Lawrence - home of KU - probably has more tax money for stuff like that and it shows. Better roads, nicer recreational facilities, etc etc. I dont mind paying slightly higher taxes when it translates into a better place to live. Sure is better than paying more to the Feds.

good to cya again, Ben
          Last edited by Berzerker; July 6, 2017, 18:27.

Comment

according to the chart, Illinois had the lowest rate of the states taxing income if it saw a %32 increase this year
            Shame on you Berz. Don't you know that big numbers are better? 13.3! No wonder California is a paradise.

they're still among the lowest and they have a flat rate, hell, they're lower than the rate here and we have Mr Conservative Sam Brownback in charge
            You don't have 32 billion dollars of unpaid debt and your bonds aren't junk either.

Comment

sounds like Illinois needs to raise them taxes more or stop spending so much

Comment

sounds like Illinois needs to raise them taxes more or stop spending so much
                What are you, some kinda libertarian? You probably keep a copy of Rand right next to you at all times.

Comment

Looks like Illinois is near the bottom

So probably Illinois needs to raise taxes.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Perhaps Mister Trump (and his conservatives) should look to Illinois in order to see, how (not) well lower taxes work ...
                    when it comes to the expectations of the Trumpists (low taxes -> more investing in economy -> more jobs and wealth for all), Illinois should be the powerhouse of the USA
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

From here it seems like Illinois raises a little more than the average state but receives a bit more than that less from the Federal government than the normal state.

JM\
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The democrats have spent decades mismanaging the state. Of course the Republicans have been the dimwitted accomplices. We need term limits and independent redistricting. Screw all politicians because they certainly have screwed up the state.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Amen, rah. Amen.

Comment

I am placing a poast here to say hi to Ben Kenobi.

I know you think I am a devil-worshipper, but doing research i discovered that Ba'al Worship is actually older than YHWH, and he is not a demon the Jews just changed his name.

But not to thradejack.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

That would not surprise me. Ba'al worship was in Israel before the Jews.

Comment

Working...
                              X