No announcement yet.

“We believe that these subjects are beyond their [students] comprehension”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit that the hellenic army seems to have more modern MBTs.
    The greece have Leo 2A6, which is a version of 2002+ (aside from other things with spaced armor), whereas the turks have (aside from several versions of Leo1 and the M60 Patton) the Leopard 2A4, which is a version of the end of the 1980s (which, aside from tactical failures of the tank crews is, why IS militants were able to destroy several of them with guided misssiles ... after all, modern ATGMs of the past 1-2 decaded here met tank technology of the end of the cold war)

On the other hand one has to say that the turkish forces (and tanks) are much more numerous, so they could use their numbrs to compensate for your better equipment
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Greece would cut through Turkey like a whitehot blade cuts through butter.

But that's not what is sought. Never really was I think

Comment

Turkey has a very vibrant left wing. People don't know it, maybe, but it's true.

I don't give a rat's ass if a greek right winger lives or dies because he's proven he doesn't give one for me.

So I won't thrust myself to kill the turk but I would to kill the fascist scum oppressor and I'm counting on the turk to be with me, as I will be with him

Comment

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuck

there can't be a war

it's survivor semi-finals

(turks know what I'm talking about )

Comment

By the by, how do you pronounce "Tzimisces"? Do you pronounce the t and z as one sound (doesn't exist in English, really), and the last syllable like "keys"?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

yes "t" and "z" as one sound. Like you would say "chad" in UK english?

and the rest is "keys" with a clear "s" (not soundling like zed)

BTW who was tzimisces? sounds like someone important that I should know about but I can't remember. There is also a street name

Comment

John Tzimisces, emperor of Byzantium in the tenth century. One of the generals who came to power. Originally Armenian, though the name is the Greekest thing I've ever heard. So, if tz is pronounced like ch, does that mean tzatziki is "chatchiki"?

My next project is an English history of Byzantium for kids. I've only got one chapter so far, up to Julian the Apostate, but it's going well. Hence the question.
                1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  So, if tz is pronounced like ch, does that mean tzatziki is "chatchiki"?
                  HAHA

No, not at all.

Tzatziki is again one sound but it is a soft tz. it is a mix of t and zed

A soft tz has something playful in it, like a food could have

a hard tz commands something more intransigent, like an emperor

Comment

So they're two different sounds which get represented by the same combination in English (like the two different kinds of th)? Or is it a rule that tz gets pronounced differently depending where it is in the word, and what letter comes after?
                    1011 1100

Comment

It isn't the same in greek.

Tzimiskis is written with a ΤΣ (τσ)

Tzatziki is written with a ΤΖ (τζ)

You can be very formal and follow the written word to the letter and pronounce it like it is intended.

A more empirical way is to "feel" the "severity" of the word and automatically go to the conclusion to either use a "soft or a hard tz "

Comment

As they voted for him and even voted to give him dictatorial powers so he could destroy all other parties?

This isn't rocket science, Ben, so you should be able to figure it out.
                        The big C conservatives in Canada are *against* Islam, not for it.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

The big C conservatives in Canada are *against* Islam, not for it.
                          You may be surprised, but Turkey also has its cnservatives and liberals ... noone (except you, obviously) who says that the consrvatives helped Erdogan to power means the conservatives in Canada with this
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

You should be more specific
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                            X