Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

How do you know what I know about God? And what does that have to do with you believing that Santa gives you back things that you have lost of you have faith in him?
    I know that, if you believe that god is some magic genie that fulfills your earthly wishes if you believe in him, then you know not all too much about god
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      I think by, hacked the data, Kid means you used the data to prove him wrong.
      So you think forests don't exist except in those three regions too?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I think by, hacked the data, Kid means you used the data to prove him wrong.
        Ah thanks ... I already was wondering what he means by this term
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Ah thanks ... I already was wondering what he means by this term
          You know damn well what it means. It means that you are a political operative, NOT A SCIENTIST!

Comment

I know that, if you believe that god is some magic genie that fulfills your earthly wishes if you believe in him, then you know not all too much about god
            When did I say that God is a magic genie you twit? And further more, why do you believe the same about Santa?

Comment

When did I say that God is a magic genie you twit? And further more, why do you believe the same about Santa?
              You wrote that, "if you have faith, you get everything".
              That is a good indication that you believe god is some kind of wish fulfilling genie, at least if you believe in him strong enough

Comment

You wrote that, "if you have faith, you get everything".
                That is a good indication that you believe god is some kind of wish fulfilling genie, at least if you believe in him strong enough
                No wonder you swear by CNN.

Comment

So you think forests don't exist except in those three regions too?
                  You were cherry picking of a few years out of a graph to try to deny the obvious trend in the graph. Then you acted like that proved your point. So by transitive property you must also admit John T cherry picking forests where deforestation has increased proved you wrong. You both !hacked the data! the same way.

Comment

• As for the effect of deforestation, you are obviously wrong to try to downplay it. While rates have dropped worldwide, part of that is you can’t deforest a forest that was previously deforested. In many places in the world, the forests are almost completely gone. The cumulative loss of forests has continued unsustainably.

The loss of forests has not only lead to the loss of the forests themselves, but has contributed to groundwater depletion, aquifer depletion, increased erosion, waterway pollution, droughts, fires, floods, desertification, and yes ... increased CO2 in the atmosphere.

Comment

You were cherry picking of a few years out of a graph to try to deny the obvious trend in the graph. Then you acted like that proved your point. So by transitive property you must also admit John T cherry picking forests where deforestation has increased proved you wrong. You both !hacked the data! the same way.
                      No it's not the same thing. This is a ridiculous accusation. I didn't cherry pick anything. Maybe you don't know what cherry picking is or maybe you want people to believe a bunch of crap without providing a reasonable argument.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "Maybe" is such a convincing argument.

As for the effect of deforestation, you are obviously wrong to try to downplay it. While rates have dropped worldwide, part of that is you can’t deforest a forest that was previously deforested. In many places in the world, the forests are almost completely gone. The cumulative loss of forests has continued unsustainably.

The loss of forests has not only lead to the loss of the forests themselves, but has contributed to groundwater depletion, aquifer depletion, increased erosion, waterway pollution, droughts, fires, floods, desertification, and yes ... increased CO2 in the atmosphere.
                      I'm not down playing anything. I'm saying that there are more trees now than there were in 1975, and yet we have higher temperatures. You are downplaying the effect that trees have.

So then the question is why do environmentalist oppose cutting down trees, even in areas that have been forested previously. Double-talk.

This is why people don't believe what you say.

Comment

No it's not the same thing. This is a ridiculous accusation. I didn't cherry pick anything. Maybe you don't know what cherry picking is or maybe you want people to believe a bunch of crap without providing a reasonable argument.

So far you haven't provided any reasonable counterarguments regarding the speedup of global warming over the last few decaded ... or the rising rate of deforestation in the most wooded regions on earth (Brazil (= Amazonas region) for example, has ~60 of its land area covered in forests ... the USA (just 10% larger than Brazil) has just 30% of its area covered in forests)

Comment

So far you haven't provided any reasonable counterarguments regarding the speedup of global warming over the last few decaded ... or the rising rate of deforestation in the most wooded regions on earth (Brazil (= Amazonas region) for example, has ~60 of its land area covered in forests ... the USA (just 10% larger than Brazil) has just 30% of its area covered in forests)
                          My argument is

1) We don't know how much we have contributed to climate change.

2) We can't control temperatures.

3) You are hacking.

So it's no surprise that I haven't provided a reasonable argument where I haven't provided an argument.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I know the word "hacking" sounds great when making random accusations, but you should probably learn what it means before using it.

• Kidlicious
                            Kidlicious commented
                            Editing a comment
                            cut with rough or heavy blows.

There were a lot of factory jobs created between 1943 and around 1978, but NO INCREASE IN TEMPERATURE. Don't ignore the facts!
                          So for everyone that didn't get the point of this, I was not arguing that greenhouse gases (manmade) do not contribute to climate change. I was accusing Proteus of cherry picking.

Comment

My argument is

1) We don't know how much we have contributed to climate change.

2) We can't control temperatures.

3) You are hacking.

So it's no surprise that I haven't provided a reasonable argument where I haven't provided an argument.
                            The role of CO2 as a greenhouse gas is very well understood.
                            And regarding CO2 levels, here 2 graphics:

Atmospheric CO2 levels are rising by 15 gigatonnes per year. Humans are emitting 26 gigatonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere. Humans are dramatically altering the composition of our climate.

Climate Literacy Principle 6 Jump down to: Teaching these ideas Find activities Watch a video Spanish-language version also available »Watch a recording of the CLEAN webinar featuring this Principle » ...

I know that it won't persuade you, as no argument, whatsoever will ... nevertheless, for completeness sake ... the graphics well show how over the top mankind has pushed CO2 levels´and how huge the increase was, especially during the last ~50 years

Comment

Working...
                            X