Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grumbler View Post

Is your middle name. If the news that there is no evidence is fake, then there is evidence.

Of course, NBC said nothing of the sort, so your comment is more of a lie than a piece of fake news, but at least it shows that you are trying.
    First, the issue isn't whether or not the story is true. It's why NBC is reporting it. So that's one logical fallacy.

Second, if NBC reports fake news it doesn't mean that everything they report is false. Have you ever tried to continually report nothing that is true. Have at it genius. Let me know how it goes.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You mean like how you have twisted everyone's legit interest in finding out how the Russians affected the US election into being an attack on Trump?

I've never accused Trump of collusion with the Russians, but his constant lies, unsupported accusations, and refusal to produce evidence he claims to have, are all red flags. What I support is an unfettered, independent investigation. If he and his people are innocent, why would Trump stand in the way of that?

Instead, he keeps doing what a guilty person would do.

I say, let's get the facts and go from there.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Here another lie of Trump:

Tump: "Just so you understand, I never mentioned the word or the name 'Israel', Never mentioned it during that conversation. They were all saying I did. So you had another story wrong. Never mentioned the word 'Israel'."

After an appearance alongside Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday, President Donald Trump paused to push back against reports that he had disclosed highly classified information to the Russians.

But contrary to his claim, no article actually suggested that Trump himsef had mentioned Israel in his talk to the russians.
        A good example how Trump twists the truth and his followers blindlingly believe it
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          You mean like how you have twisted everyone's legit interest in finding out how the Russians affected the US election into being an attack on Trump?
          . My primary concern here is exposing you and the rest of the Left for not having "legit interest" and I think I've done that even though a lot of your **** I tend to ignore simply because you tend to repeat crap over and over again which proves nothing and it gets tiring.
          I've never accused Trump of collusion with the Russians, but his constant lies, unsupported accusations, and refusal to produce evidence he claims to have, are all red flags.
          Saying that people have done things which are red flags is pretty much accusing them, but I this is one of those things that's just stupid, and if you continue trying to make some side issue about this I'll likely ignore you.

What I support is an unfettered, independent investigation despite the fact that I know of no evidence that would indicate his guilt and can't make any reasonable argument to show that he may be guilty
          ftfy
          . If he and his people are innocent, why would Trump stand in the way of that?
          Because people like you are trying to get him removed from office or you are just causing him whatever problem you can out of spit, judgementalism, or intolerance, and we on the right are quite frankly sick and tired of. We intend to fight you until you stop.
          Instead, he keeps doing what a guilty person would do.
          Says who? And expert? Or idiot journalists and political hacks like Maxine Waters?
          I say, let's get the facts and go from there.
          No you don't. You are only interested in finding some crime that he committed or just weakening his presidency probably out of spite because you don't want working class people like myself to be able to elect a president without people like you pulling this crap, trying to get him removed.

Comment

• More CNN fake news, telling readers to hate Saudi Women. I couldn't make this up. CNN wants you to believe that Saudi women only love Melania Trump because she walks behind POTUS and other things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              I couldn't make this up.
              I see you are now resorting to not even bothering to post a link so we can't actually read it and make fun of your interpretation. So yes, you can make this stuff up.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I actually went to CNN to find his "fake news" While I couldn't find anything on the Hate Saudi Woman claim, I did find an OPINION PIECE, not a NEWS STORY, that in the writers opinion, ONE of the reason why Saudi women like her is because she walks behind him, but also listed other reasons why they like her.
                So as usual, he either doesn't actually read everything, or he is simply misrepresenting an opinion piece.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It is, btw. interesting what diffferent notes Hillary, Donald, Obama and Bush jr left at Yad Vashem.

http://www.businessinsider.de/trump-...17-5?r=US&IR=T

Both, Obama as well as Hillary wrote a lengthy note and both referred to the history of Yad Vashem in their notes.
                  Bush jr. and Trump, however, just left commonplace notes that didn't directly refer to Yad Vashem (and its history) ... and Trumps note also more or less circled around himself.

Dunno whether this diffference can be attributed to a higher intelligence, education or interest in other cultures (or a mix of all 3) on side of Obama and Hillary, but the difference definitely is noticeable
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

First, the issue isn't whether or not the story is true. It's why NBC is reporting it. So that's one logical fallacy.

Second, if NBC reports fake news it doesn't mean that everything they report is false. Have you ever tried to continually report nothing that is true. Have at it genius. Let me know how it goes.
                    NBC isn't reporting it, though, so your "news" is fake news. So, that's one logical fallacy.

Second, it is a logical fallacy to claim that NBC is reporting "fake news" and then to believe that a given piece of news is true because NBC News is reporting it.

Third, I am only a genius when compared to you. I'm not nearly as entertaining, though, because I don't get all frothy about what "they" do.
                    The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                    - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Fox News has finally retracted that bogus story about Seth Rich: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/b...seth-rich.html. Clearly Fox News myst be fake news.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Fair and balanced fake news...
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          Fox News has finally retracted that bogus story about Seth Rich: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/b...seth-rich.html. Clearly Fox News myst be fake news.
                          Except Hannity. He's still all over it.

Hannity, during the segment airing just before 4 p.m., notably didn’t mention that Fox News had just retracted its week-old story on Rich. But the host returned a few minutes later during a commercial break to defiantly state that he wasn’t walking anything back. “And all you in the liberal media, I am not Fox.com or Fox News.com. I retracted nothing,” he said.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• We now know that Trump is in favor of GMOs. One of his goals is to promote a peach that lasts.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The american royal family visiting the Pope

Comment

• The congress democrats who are investigatimg the ties between the Trump campaign and the russians have requested informations about Trumps loans from the Deutsche Bank. They want to know whether there are any ties between Trumps loans and the russian government

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/24/house...sia-loans.html

Comment

Working...
                                X