Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

If NATO is attacked the POTUS can decide at that time whether or not to honor our obligation. You seem to think the POTUS has less power than he actually does.
    And 45 already made clear that NATO members cannot trust on the USA (uner himself) to honour § 5, as he (unlike all presidents before) didn't deliver the pledge to honour § 5, if it ever gets invoked.

As I already said in my postings 2 above ... this forces the NATO members to grow closer to each other, as the USA under PotUS 45 has to be dismissed as untrustworthy and erratic. Which is the worst thing as the most impotnt principle of the NATO is th trust of all states, that the other states come to your aid in times of attack.
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 26, 2017, 17:51.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Putin must be laughing his ass off

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

And 45 already made clear that NATO members cannot trust on the USA (uner himself) to honour § 5, as he (unlike all presidents before) didn't deliver the pledge to honour § 5, if it ever gets invoked.

As I already said in my postings 2 above ... this forces the NATO members to grow closer to each other, as the USA under PotUS 45 has to be dismissed as untrustworthy and erratic. Which is the worst thing as the most impotnt principle of the NATO is th trust of all states, that the other states come to your aid in times of attack.

It doesn't matter if you get close. What your fake German news source said is that you should isolate the US. Besides being as stupid as you claim Trump is it's also different from just huddling together in the foxhole when you get attacked.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It doesn't matter if you get close. What your fake German news source said is that you should isolate the US. Besides being as stupid as you claim Trump is it's also different from just huddling together in the foxhole when you get attacked.
          Rather improbable considering the fact that I didn't even name a source

Also .. I prfer NATO states that actually contribute themselves to the pledge for § 5.
          A NATO country with just 1% GDP spending on defense that actually comes to help when § 5 gets invoked is way more useful than a NATO country with 3% GDP in defense spending, which refuses to help.
          Actually a NATO country that doesn't come to help when §5 gets invoked is the equivalent of a NATO country with 0.0 % GDP defense spending
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Fake German news. First claiming that there is proof of obstruction of justice (I don't know what Germans consider proof though). But also ...

Donald Trump has transformed the United States into a laughing stock and he is a danger to the world. He must be removed from the White House before things get even worse.

Not sure what he's talking about "international community." Germany is not the "international community.". Good luck with that though. Maybe take your lap boy France and go it alone. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
            This is not "news" (though your claim that is is news is fake). Good luck trying to distinguish news from opinion. Your track record on that sucks.
            The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
            - A. Lincoln

Comment

Considering that you (just like Trump) usually also don't provide proof to your claims, I don't see a reason why I should do so ... waste of time ... either believe what I said or not ... I for my part see europe benefitting frm Trump as PotUS

Regarding "We don't need NATO":
              There is this ceertain article in the Nato treaty ... § 5 ... the most important article, as it tells the other NATO countries to come to help when one nATO country is attacked.
              In the entire history of the NATO, § 5 has been invoked a single time ... and by which country? The USAm after 9/11.

No other country ever screamed for help by the other NATO countries, just the USA.

So when it comes to getting uses out of the NATO, the USA still leads by far.

And now your new president, Trump, fails at the only easy, highly scripted, Task he has t do at his first NATO summit (just like other countries leaders have to do after taking power) and that is, to promise that his country will come to aid if one NATO country invokes § 5.

Such an action may impress clueless Trump followers in the USA ... but I can assure you that it make any (positive) impression n the NATO and EU leaders
              Trumps debut rather let him appear as an oaf and laughingstock to the other countries leaders
              Just so the facts are clear, the US did not invoke article 5 after 9/11. I know that must grate on your anti-Americanism, but the facts are the facts, and we must honor truth above even your prejudices.

NATO officials said the United States had not asked for the statement, but had said they would welcome it.
              It is ironic that the most selfless gesture by Europe in the last 50 years is treated by you as a ploy for making inflammatory and incorrect assertions. If I were a European, I would be ashamed to count you as one of my number.
              The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
              - A. Lincoln

Comment

Rather improbable considering the fact that I didn't even name a source

Also .. I prfer NATO states that actually contribute themselves to the pledge for § 5.
                A NATO country with just 1% GDP spending on defense that actually comes to help when § 5 gets invoked is way more useful than a NATO country with 3% GDP in defense spending, which refuses to help.
                Actually a NATO country that doesn't come to help when §5 gets invoked is the equivalent of a NATO country with 0.0 % GDP defense spending
                I recommend that you count on France then.

Comment

You can be proud of Donnie ... on his trip to SA, Israel and Europe he has made and saved the USA many billions of dllars and millions of jobs.
                  At least he claims so. I wonder how much of his was done in Donnies private alternate reality

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...47480847568896
                  He should just never come back home and truly Make America Great Again!

Comment

• Originally posted by grumbler View Post

Just so the facts are clear, the US did not invoke article 5 after 9/11. I know that must grate on your anti-Americanism, but the facts are the facts, and we must honor truth above even your prejudices.

It is ironic that the most selfless gesture by Europe in the last 50 years is treated by you as a ploy for making inflammatory and incorrect assertions. If I were a European, I would be ashamed to count you as one of my number.
                    O.K., so it wasn't the USA which called for §5, but rather it was granted to the USA by the NATO countries.
                    But that doesn't invalidate the point I am making and that is, that the only time at which §5 actually was invoked, it was the other NATO countries which came to help of the USA ... and not the other way round.
                    (and that therefore, with Trumps refusal to do the pledge at his debut NATO summit, he actually disrespects the sacrifices the other NATO countries made, when they respected §5 and helped the USA in the war in Afghanistan)

Comment

I recommend that you count on France then.
                      And the UK, and Poland, and Denmark and Spain and every other country that honors its pledge to §5
                      Likewise germany would come to aid if another NATO country invoked §5. And that would include the USA under Trump, as long as they stay in the NATO, as we honor our pledge to §5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

He should just never come back home and truly Make America Great Again!
                        That, or make him stay at Mar-A-Lago and spend his time golfing, with no involvement in the government and no access to Twitter.
                        Seems like his absence from since the start of his voyage caused his popularity to rise by 6%.

Maybe an even longer absence (with no tweets or meddling in government business) of 3 months or more might even increase his popularity to values close to those of Obama

Comment

And the UK, and Poland, and Denmark and Spain and every other country that honors its pledge to §5
                          Likewise germany would come to aid if another NATO country invoked §5. And that would include the USA under Trump, as long as they stay in the NATO, as we honor our pledge to §5.
                          Well that's kind of stupid talk. The US is fairly safe. It always has been. Also the US has the strongest military and has proven that it will defend it's allies time and time again. But Germany and France etc are **** allies. You are the epitome of liberalism. Part of me wishes that you get the **** kicked out of you again because you sooooooo deserve it. But when it comes down to it my country will probably save your asses again if we have to because we always do what's right.

Comment

• SICILY – After two days of shuffling blank papers and waving shiny objects, heads of state from G7 countries have begun preparing for the actual summit scheduled to commence after Donald Trump’s Saturday evening departure. “It was a nice mental break, I guess, but we really need to get down to the adult stuff now,” […]
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Well that's kind of stupid talk. The US is fairly safe. It always has been. Also the US has the strongest military and has proven that it will defend it's allies time and time again. But Germany and France etc are **** allies. You are the epitome of liberalism. Part of me wishes that you get the **** kicked out of you again because you sooooooo deserve it. But when it comes down to it my country will probably save your asses again if we have to because we always do what's right.
                              You have done what's right, but also what's wrong, in the past.
                              But yes, you have defended your allies in the past.

But that happened under dependable presidents, most (if no all) of which already had made experience in politics before becoming PotUS
                              And all of them gave the pledge to §5 on their first NATO session.

I don't think you ever had a president like Trump before, who was already known before the election as a conspiracy theorist and someone who uses shady business practices.
                              And AFAIK never before you had such a political noob (and I use noob instad of newb on purpose) whose own little world is so centered around himelf, that he believes everything that he does is tremendous and great, despite everyone else telling him (for good reason) that it isn't.

We made fun of George W. Bush when he was PotUS ... and he actually made some poor decisions (especially attacking Iraq) ... but in hindsight, compared to Trump, Bush jr. was a shining beacon of competence and thrustworthiness

Comment

You have done what's right, but also what's wrong, in the past.
                                But yes, you have defended your allies in the past.

But that happened under dependable presidents, most (if no all) of which already had made experience in politics before becoming PotUS
                                And all of them gave the pledge to §5 on their first NATO session.

I don't think you ever had a president like Trump before, who was already known before the election as a conspiracy theorist and someone who uses shady business practices.
                                And AFAIK never before you had such a political noob (and I use noob instad of newb on purpose) whose own little world is so centered around himelf, that he believes everything that he does is tremendous and great, despite everyone else telling him (for good reason) that it isn't.

We made fun of George W. Bush when he was PotUS ... and he actually made some poor decisions (especially attacking Iraq) ... but in hindsight, compared to Trump, Bush jr. was a shining beacon of competence and thrustworthiness
                                Stop crying over the fact that he didn't give the pledge. It doesn't mean a thing but that you should meet your obligation instead of failing to do so as you've done in the past.

I don't care if you don't like our president. That doesn't matter either. It has nothing to do with that person's stupid opinions about isolating the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X