Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    Is Spicer still employed.
    Trump has read Dune and thinks: "He who controls the Spicer controls the universe"

Also I love it how he complained about that Comey guy being a "showboat" and "grandstander"
    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Coney had already decided not to charge Hillary with a crime before the FBI started it's investigation.
      Could you provide a link for this claim?
      One that ideally doesn't point to some rightist conspiracy sites (like Breitbart)?
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Could you provide a link for this claim?
        One that ideally doesn't point to some rightist conspiracy sites (like Breitbart)?
        Well it is originally posted in The New Yorker, which reported it as though it were no big deal. And supposedly they were told this by FBI.

Your news source is absolute ****. Why do you insist that I provide you a link to ****?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Well it is originally posted in The New Yorker, which reported it as though it were no big deal. And supposedly they were told this by FBI.

Your news source is absolute ****. Why do you insist that I provide you a link to ****?
          Wel, the rationale behind posting links for any claims are,
          that people can actually read the original text for themselves and making up their own thoughts out of it,
          instead of just relying on a posters conclusions/interpretations of the text

It is like with science:
          If I posted the claim that the moon is made out of yellow cheese, I wouln't be very believable.
          If I posted (together with the claim) the setup of the experiments (or the mathematical formulae) from which I drew the data, that made me come to this claim
          (and other scientists use the same experimental setup and come to the same data and draw the same conclusion out of it) then my claim is much more believable
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I repeat again. Kid, is Spicer still employed?
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wel, the rationale behind posting links for any claims are,
              that people can actually read the original text for themselves and making up their own thoughts out of it,
              instead of just relying on a posters conclusions/interpretations of the text

It is like with science:
              If I posted the claim that the moon is made out of yellow cheese, I wouln't be very believable.
              If I posted (together with the claim) the setup of the experiments (or the mathematical formulae) from which I drew the data, that made me come to this claim
              (and other scientists use the same experimental setup and come to the same data and draw the same conclusion out of it) then my claim is much more believable
              That's true. I'm not being scientific. But Comey decided not to charge Hillary before the investigation started. You can read The New Yorker article if you want. Are their more than one article in The New Yorker about Comey?
              ​​​​

Comment

• Nvm. There is more than one. It's this one.

The fired F.B.I. director’s conspicuous independence—for so long, his greatest asset—proved his undoing.

Comment

Nvm. There is more than one. It's this one.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...intcid=popular
                  Thanks for posting the link.

Sounds to me like the Comey-statement (about Clinton not getting charged) was made not "before the FBI investigation started" as you say, but rather, when the investigation was already underway for almost a year ... according to the article the FBI investigation started in July 2015:
                  The F.B.I. formally opened its probe on July 10, 2015, just three months after Clinton announced her candidacy for President.
                  Comeys public statement about the Clinton investigation however was held on July 5th 2016
                  Instead, at about 10:30 A.M. on July 5th, Justice Department officials received an informal heads-up: in thirty minutes, Comey was going to hold a live-televised press briefing at F.B.I. headquarters.
                  One might scold the author of the article for his repeated time jumps and for not including the year in the date of Comeys public statement ... but that it is 2016 is a well documented fact,as even a brief google search can reveal

A more serious matter is Comeys decision to publicly announce his reopening of he investigation, shotly before the election, after finding additional eMails on a private Laptop ... and this seems to be a decision tha was made due to some screwing up by low level agents as well as due to miscalculations on Comeys side (about the time it would take to anlyse the additional mails)

Comment

• I'm not talking about the statement. I'm talking about what happened within the FBI regarding Comey. They were plotting how they would announce that they weren't going to bring charges two months before they interviewed the suspect. They also discussed whether or not Lynch should stand by side with Comey at the announcement.

Comment

I'm not talking about the statement. I'm talking about what happened within the FBI regarding Comey. They were plotting how they would announce that they weren't going to bring charges two months before they interviewed the suspect. They also discussed whether or not Lynch should stand by side with Comey at the announcement.
                      Fake news. The New Yorker article makes clear that what you claim here is mostly wrong, and where it is right (the debate over how to announce the findings) is irrelevant.

I love how you use the word "plotting" to describe simple meetings. If the FBI was "plotting" a press conference, all press conferences are preceded by "plotting." The Trump administration is busy "plotting" as I write...
                      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                      - A. Lincoln

Comment

• His sources are usually suspect.

Is Spicer still employed?
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by grumbler View Post

Fake news. The New Yorker article makes clear that what you claim here is mostly wrong, and where it is right (the debate over how to announce the findings) is irrelevant.

I love how you use the word "plotting" to describe simple meetings. If the FBI was "plotting" a press conference, all press conferences are preceded by "plotting." The Trump administration is busy "plotting" as I write...
                          When you discuss how to tell the public that you aren't going to charge someone with a serious felony before you even interview the suspect that's plotting.

Comment

When you discuss how to tell the public that you aren't going to charge someone with a serious felony before you even interview the suspect that's plotting.
                            Why would yu want to interview a suspect if your investigations already show that there is not enough evidence to press forward any charges?
                            If you don't find enough evidence to actually press forward any charges, there doesn't seem to be any reason for the suspect to defend himself against the accusations brought forward

Comment

Why would yu want to interview a suspect if your investigations already show that there is not enough evidence to press forward any charges?
                              If you don't find enough evidence to actually press forward any charges, there doesn't seem to be any reason for the suspect to defend himself against the accusations brought forward
                              You are detached from reality. What reason did Coney give for not bringing charges against Hillary?

Comment

You are detached from reality. What reason did Coney give for not bringing charges against Hillary?
                                According to your article:

Comey then described Clinton as “extremely careless” in handling “very sensitive, highly classified information.” As “any reasonable person” in her position “should have known,” Comey declared, a private, unclassified e-mail server “was no place for that conversation.” Despite these statements, Comey concluded that, because there was no evidence of intentional misconduct or efforts to obstruct justice, “no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”
                                Sounds to me like neglecting cybersecurity (at least with the extent to which Clinton did it) so that you get hacked isn't criminal

Comment

Working...
                                X