nice speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

That is a Nazi of a different sort though ..

You address each item as if it is in a vacuum, and ignore the picture they are all painting. He is a white supremacist. He thinks the white race is inherently superior to all other inferior races. He thinks that America is a white nation and should rid itself of all non-whites, that America is for whites only. He makes references and allusions to Nazi Germany with "luggenpressa", "let's party like it's 1933", his hair cut, his remarks about how awesome Germany is for being more ethnically pure than America is ... he even welcomes Nazi salutes without batting an eyelash. He dehumanizes various groups, literally questioning that they are people at all. Calling those on the left "soulless golems".

The guy is a Nazi. And you're one the stooges who buys the whole "peaceful ethnic cleansing" line.
    once again you reveal yourself as someone with strong opinions and no knowledge. in fact spencer has explicitly rejected 'white supremacy' (in his time magazine interview). i have already debunked your ''lügenpresse' claim. as for 'soulless golems', you have, once again been taken in by MSM lies. here is the quote in full:

This was the year when random ****lords on Twitter, anonymous podcast hosts, and dissidents working deep within the Beltway Right proved they objectively understood politics better than the “Republican strategists” and “political consultants” snarking at us every night on MSNBC. It’s not just that they are leftists or cucks. It’s not just that many are genuinely stupid. Indeed, one wonders if those people are people at all, or instead soulless Golems, animated by some dark power to repeat whatever talking points John Oliver said the night before.
    you can read the entire transcript here

(is it any wonder that he calls them the lying press after all the lies told?)

nazi actually means something quite specific. you haven't shown that he is one. you've simply repeated falsehoods you've been fed and coated them with weak sauce like his haircut or saying 'hail trump'.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
      Personally I don't think that anyone will change his opinions about far rightism just because a nazi/far righter got punched.
      I don't think the effect is so big .

On the contrary I think that those who do change their opinions are probably young impressionable kids, will rather go with the strong/ notgiving a **** dude than the sissy (using it to describe a situation, not endorsing the word)
      it depends, doesn't it. this sort of thing gets a lot of coverage, which means that spencer and his reprehensible ideas gain more coverage. people will look at this incident, and many, not in the media/social media bubble - and that of course is the main point here vis-à-vis the stupidity and naïveté of this approach: the media is hopelessly out of touch with half the country - will think, as berz said, that 'sucker punching is a chicken**** move', and thus specner and his ideas, which go unchallenged, for shouting 'NAZI' is not a challenge, gain a more sympathetic hearing.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• The funny thing is that I haven't even seen anything about Spencer on MSM, and barely watch anything that could be described as such. (I watched some O'Reilly during the campaign. Mostly for the Trump interviews.) I watched the video of the speech on YouTube after it was shared on Facebook. Unedited. No commentary. Just his words. And an Al Jazeera interview (related video off that speech video) where he said all the white supremacist crap. Then I rewatched them today as a refresher once this topic came up. Nothing from the MSM. Just his words. Yet you're so sure of your own preconceptions that you don't even bother to consider any other possibility.

You're bending over backwards to play Nazi apologist.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

it depends, doesn't it. this sort of thing gets a lot of coverage, which means that spencer and his reprehensible ideas gain more coverage. people will look at this incident, and many, not in the media/social media bubble - and that of course is the main point here vis-à-vis the stupidity and naïveté of this approach: the media is hopelessly out of touch with half the country - will think, as berz said, that 'sucker punching is a chicken**** move', and thus specner and his ideas, which go unchallenged, for shouting 'NAZI' is not a challenge, gain a more sympathetic hearing.
          But they do not go unchallenged.
          It's just that someone also punched him

Also if we take into account that prone to espouse radical ideas are kids who are the opposite of the "clean cut" spencer image, it's rather beneficial.

Also, anyone who knows nazi, won't feel sorry for someone who has displayed so many similarities.

Comment

The funny thing is that I haven't even seen anything about Spencer on MSM, and barely watch anything that could be described as such. (I watched some O'Reilly during the campaign. Mostly for the Trump interviews.) I watched the video of the speech on YouTube after it was shared on Facebook. Unedited. No commentary. Just his words. And an Al Jazeera interview (related video off that speech video) where he said all the white supremacist crap. Then I rewatched them today as a refresher once this topic came up. Nothing from the MSM. Just his words. Yet you're so sure of your own preconceptions that you don't even bother to consider any other possibility.

He just proved that you got lied to by the media and believed the crap they were feeding you without a second thought, so you call him a nazi sympathizer?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Aeson
              Aeson commented
              Editing a comment
              He didn't prove anything but his own false assumptions.

• All those memes (song parodies with the punching) seem to have started from the internet, that's not mainstream media.

The people loved it...

Now, it does seem a bit panem et circenses...
            that's another discussion

Comment

• The idea that his references to Nazi Germany aren't references to Nazi Germany are ridiculous. He's up in front of an American crowd of white nationalists including at least some admitted Nazis ... and intentionally chooses the German word for lying press ... blushing/smirking as he does ... as the rest of the crowd gleefully chuckles at the reference. Not to mention he picked 1933 as the way to party. The year Hitler became Chancellor. Paiktis' was right to point out "children of the sun" as another reference. His "hail Trump" and salute were obviously intended to be styled after Nazis, and of course those in the crowd responded in kind. TO WHICH HE HAD NO OBJECTION.

The guy is a Nazi. Just because he says he's not a Nazi or a white supremacist doesn't mean jack. What he's espousing is white supremacy and fascism, and he's throwing in plenty of Nazi dogwhistles (and actual whistles) along the way. He's a dishonest, cowardly Nazi, afraid to accept the accurate label for his positions ... but still a Nazi.

Comment

• Incidently, everyone on the alt-right that I've seen thinks Spencer is giving them all a bad name. But I'm sure Aeson still thinks they are all nazis, cause CNN said so.

Comment

• Aeson
                  Aeson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Again, an assumption on your part which happens to be false.

• The truth is that you made misleading statements, things that you evidently swallowed up from the media feeding and instead of acknowledging his point you called him a Nazi sympathizer.

Comment

The funny thing is that I haven't even seen anything about Spencer on MSM, and barely watch anything that could be described as such. (I watched some O'Reilly during the campaign. Mostly for the Trump interviews.) I watched the video of the speech on YouTube after it was shared on Facebook. Unedited. No commentary. Just his words. And an Al Jazeera interview (related video off that speech video) where he said all the white supremacist crap. Then I rewatched them today as a refresher once this topic came up. Nothing from the MSM. Just his words. Yet you're so sure of your own preconceptions that you don't even bother to consider any other possibility.

i have some provided some very clear examples of you misquoting or misrepresenting what he said, and you're response is 'you're a nazi apologist'. pathetic. still, i suppose lying as a tactic to counter disagreeable opinions comes easily to someone as intellectually dishonest as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post

But they do not go unchallenged.
                    It's just that someone also punched him

Also if we take into account that prone to espouse radical ideas are kids who are the opposite of the "clean cut" spencer image, it's rather beneficial.

Also, anyone who knows nazi, won't feel sorry for someone who has displayed so many similarities.
                    they do go unchallenged. what i mean that people see spencer and ilk's ideas shut down with violence rather than dissected and disproved in honest debate. that's the wrong image to present. we shouldn't have anything to fear from his ideas: they are easy enough to counter without resorting to thuggery, and by using such methods, we simply allow him to present himself as a victim and to gain sympathy.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

i have some provided some very clear examples of you misquoting or misrepresenting what he said, and you're response is 'you're a nazi apologist'. pathetic. still, i suppose lying as a tactic to counter disagreeable opinions comes easily to someone as intellectually dishonest as you.
                      You have done nothing of the sort. You've just ignored all the context and pretended his Nazi dog whistles are references to something else (you haven't bothered even giving a possible reference he could have been alluding to) that wouldn't make any sense given the setting, and his ideology and rhetoric. You haven't even addressed "children of the sun", 1933, or how he didn't have any problems with the clearly nazi "seig heil" his hateful rhetoric and barely disguised nazi salute invoked.

Comment

• You also were clearly wrong about where I got my perspective from, showing how you are more interested in expressing your own preconceived notions rather than actually addressing what has been said.

Comment

• you misquoted and misrepresented what he said. funnily enough, your lies are the same ones told about him by the MSM, as i have shown. i'll leave others to work out why that is. you are continuing to lie now.

you made a claim that you can't prove, and now you're just playing your usual trick of pretending the weak sauce things you're insisting on are important while failing to actually back up your point.

Comment

• to give a very simple example, supporters of jeremy corbyn welcomed him by singing 'the internationale'. can we, then, conclude that he is a communist? or to prove such a claim would we actually need to show that his political programme was a communist one?

(hint: it's the latter)

Comment

Working...
                            X