Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the talk about thinking about the "Prophet Muhammad" this Christmas it's time for a reality check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    We're talking about the religion, not the adherents. You're holding Christians to the standard of perfection which is a logical fallacy.
    What's the name of the logical fallacy in question? Here's a helpful list for you to reference in case the name has slipped your mind.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

If Joseph and Mary were alive today they wouldn't be required to travel to Bethlehem for a census. Then again, it's unlikely that anyone living two thousand years ago was expected to travel to the city their ancestors lived in for a census so I guess it doesn't matter.

Comment

Why would ppl want to go to Bethlehem in the first place
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
          If Joseph and Mary were alive today they wouldn't be required to travel to Bethlehem for a census. Then again, it's unlikely that anyone living two thousand years ago was expected to travel to the city their ancestors lived in for a census so I guess it doesn't matter.
          Aye, possibly just as true as the story of a jewish king killing all all babies in his realm, just because of some prophecy he heard
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            What's the name of the logical fallacy in question? Here's a helpful list for you to reference in case the name has slipped your mind.
            You need the name? Don't you know that it isn't logical to argue that Islam and Christianity are equal because Christians are't perfect?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You need the name? Don't you know that it isn't logical to argue that Islam and Christianity are equal because Christians are't perfect?
              This is called a "strawman" fallacy

Comment

There's one in there about arguing that people are evil because they aren't perfect. I'm at work right now.

Comment

Were the people burning heretics at the stake "evil"?

Comment

Were the people burning heretics at the stake "evil"?
                    I don't believe in burning heretics. I'm just saying that Muhammad was a FALSE prophet, and should be treated as such. That doesn't mean burning people. It means ridiculing people.

Comment

I don't believe in burning heretics. I'm just saying that Muhammad was a FALSE prophet, and should be treated as such. That doesn't mean burning people. It means ridiculing people.
                      What is your criterium for determining whether someone is a false prophet or not?
                      For most jews Jesus is a false prophet ... and for many people, even within the christian religion, Paul is one
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well, it's not like there are any true prophets.

Comment

I don't believe in burning heretics.
                          Christians have burned many heretics at the stake, and your response to this is "well nobody's perfect and so that's a logical fallacy." Do you understand how retarded that sounds? It's ridiculous to say that Islam is a bad religion because Muslims have killed non-Muslims, while in comparison Christianity is a good religion when Christians have killed many more non-Christians (and many more Christians of the wrong denomination).

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                            What is your criterium for determining whether someone is a false prophet or not?
                            For most jews Jesus is a false prophet ... and for many people, even within the christian religion, Paul is one
                            I don't believe anyone who disagrees with the Bible. Jesus is returning. When he does so we will know it's him. But anti-christs have come and already live among us.

Comment

Christians have burned many heretics at the stake, and your response to this is "well nobody's perfect and so that's a logical fallacy." Do you understand how retarded that sounds? It's ridiculous to say that Islam is a bad religion because Muslims have killed non-Muslims, while in comparison Christianity is a good religion when Christians have killed many more non-Christians (and many more Christians of the wrong denomination).
                              That's rich coming from someone who is trying to make me out to be someone who burns heretics. I don't believe in that. What's the problem . I don't need to defend them.

Comment

That's rich coming from someone who is trying to make me out to be someone who burns heretics.

Comment

Working...
                                X