Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the talk about thinking about the "Prophet Muhammad" this Christmas it's time for a reality check.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With all the talk about thinking about the "Prophet Muhammad" this Christmas it's time for a reality check.

    Mary and Joseph would have been murdered by Muslims if they tried to go to Bethlehem today.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_fb-bottom
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

  • #2
    And without jews and without Jesus thre wouldn't be any muslims firstplace, as Muhammed built his religion on the foundations of judaism and christianity.
    (on the other hand, without christianity no christian-muslim conflict (and also no oppression of jews by christians) ... most probably europe and the near east would still have some kind of pagan polytheism (or perhaps would be, in the majority, agnostic or atheist .... similar to nowadays europe) with the jews being a minority religion in those regions)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

    Comment


    • #3
      Solution: Romans to conquer Judea?

      Comment


      • #4
        Wouldn't that cause the Judean People's Front to emerge?
        Blah

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          And without jews and without Jesus thre wouldn't be any muslims firstplace, as Muhammed built his religion on the foundations of judaism and christianity.
          (on the other hand, without christianity no christian-muslim conflict (and also no oppression of jews by christians) ... most probably europe and the near east would still have some kind of pagan polytheism (or perhaps would be, in the majority, agnostic or atheist .... similar to nowadays europe) with the jews being a minority religion in those regions)
          Of course he built on the foundations of the beliefs of the people he conquered had. It's much easier to get people to accept your new religion that way. That's not to say that we should compare Islam to Christianity, because the Apostles did not make up a religion to lord over people.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BeBro View Post
            Wouldn't that cause the Judean People's Front to emerge?
            Well, by that time Mary and Joseph would have safely rested over in the stables. Sure, their son would eventually be crucified, but that's way better than simply staying home because you don't have to travel to pay your taxes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              Of course he built on the foundations of the beliefs of the people he conquered had. It's much easier to get people to accept your new religion that way. That's not to say that we should compare Islam to Christianity, because the Apostles did not make up a religion to lord over people.
              In the beginning not, the later church on the other hand did ... many of the conversions were made with fire and sword
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

              Comment


              • #8
                Wait, there was talk about Muhammad? Who was talking? I haven't heard a thing about Muhammad.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think Muhammad foresaw liberals saying "muslims believe in Jesus just like Christians do!"
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    That's not to say that we should compare Islam to Christianity, because the Apostles did not make up a religion to lord over people.
                    Sure they should be compared... both have been responsible for tons of deaths and suffering. That, they have in common.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      Sure they should be compared... both have been responsible for tons of deaths and suffering. That, they have in common.
                      So now telling people to love their enemy is murder?
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Do you love your ex?
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          Do you love your ex?
                          I haven't murdered her
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Sure they should be compared... both have been responsible for tons of deaths and suffering. That, they have in common.
                            I think it is important to remember that both the religions have as their goal the betterment of people. The failings in both religions is the execution of the religion by people and not the religions themselves.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              I haven't murdered her
                              Because you love her?
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures :( :( :(</p>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X