Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the talk about thinking about the "Prophet Muhammad" this Christmas it's time for a reality check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    This is called a "strawman" fallacy
    No. I'm simply not defending people who burn heretics. I made that clear.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

1. You started this thread to imply that Islam is a bad religion because Muslims kill non-Muslims
      2. Christians have killed and continue to kill non-Christians (or Christians of the wrong denomination)

Conclusion:
      Either
      Christianity is a bad religion because Christians kill non-Christians (or Christians of the wrong denomination)
      Or
      The implication that Islam is a bad religion because Muslims kill non-Muslims is a false implication (read: a bad troll on your part)

Which conclusion should I draw?
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

1. You started this thread to imply that Islam is a bad religion because Muslims kill non-Muslims
        2. Christians have killed and continue to kill non-Christians (or Christians of the wrong denomination)

Conclusion:
        Either
        Christianity is a bad religion because Christians kill non-Christians (or Christians of the wrong denomination)
        Or
        The implication that Islam is a bad religion because Muslims kill non-Muslims is a false implication (read: a bad troll on your part)

Which conclusion should I draw?
        Did you read the opinion piece? It highlights the absurdity of another piece. The point is that the Left continually makes absurd arguments.

Comment

So, you're going with "bad troll"?

Comment

I am just putting a poast into this thrade because it is the one that everybody is looking at right now and I want to gain soem "expoasure" and "attention" so I can become moar "popular" and "respected" around here.

Thank you.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

So, you're going with "bad troll"?
              If that's what you call making fun of people who think Mary and Joseph would have been persecuted by Israel, yes

Comment

Well I'm glad that we've cleared that up. Now back to your claim that Mohammed was a false prophet: which of his prophecies in particular do you think were false, and why?

Comment

With all the talk about Mohammed I think we should quit giving this false prophet even more attention
                  Blah

Comment

Well I'm glad that we've cleared that up. Now back to your claim that Mohammed was a false prophet: which of his prophecies in particular do you think were false, and why?
                    Believing in the Trinity is a grave sin

Comment

The Romans were quite adept at persecuting Jews on their own without Christianity. They fought 4 wars against the Jews inflicting between 300,000 to 2,000,000 deaths.
                      Just think of what history would have been like if the Abrahamic religions hadn't existed and the western world had been dominated by the non-Abrahamic religions of the Romans and Germans.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

the savior being born at a checkpoint (or hospital) instead of a barn just doesn't have the same appeal

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                          But, the christian religion also builds upon a fundament of cruelty and atrocities.
                          You just have to read the old testament ... Jesus never distanced himself from the atrocities commited and ordered by god in the old testament.

And many christians use and used exactly these connections with the old testament, to justify their own atrocities.

Fundamentalist islam doesn't actually do anything different, as many, if not most, of the rules of Shariah have roots in the old testament
                          Jesus preached a golden rule in conflict with the slavery he condoned... Was that because Jesus supported legal slavery or was he just trying to avoid a slave rebellion? He walked another tightrope on taxes. The Romans would have been quick to end his message if he was anti-tax and slavery. He doesn't want the authorities to slaughter his followers so he doesn't take bold stands, he plants seeds... It shouldn't have taken almost 2,000 years for Christians to figure out slavery was anti-Christian, but people are people and the wallet usually comes first. Course his message may have met a similar fate if he angered the Jewish folk convinced God justly smited Egypt's firstborn, etc...

Comment

His mission was not to free the slaves or fight against taxes. That's not to say that slavery or oppressive taxation isn't immoral.

Comment

a prophet of god who condones slavery?

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                                I am just putting a poast into this thrade because it is the one that everybody is looking at right now and I want to gain soem "expoasure" and "attention" so I can become moar "popular" and "respected" around here.

Thank you.
                                This is a really good idea.

I am quoting this poast so I can get exposure and attention so I can become moar popular and respected.

Comment

Working...
                                X