No announcement yet.

Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greece is, by and large, the moast perfect country on the planet right now. Obama is there to likely get advice.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Nice guy.
      He underlined some things that are evident

Comment

In past week maybe week and a half our POTUS was addressing the Nation in a late afternoon speech, may have been recorded though,. any how, Obama was speaking about opportunities/realities that will be profound issues to face Trump.

He mentioned Nuclear talks with Iran as well as Obamacare/Affordable Care Act.

One sentence that resounded with me was Obama stated Obamacare had provided 2 million people (I believe that was the figure, which is not the central truth I am focusing upon here) with coverage who, when and if Obamacare is abolished /repealed will be without Insurance.

I know a lot a people who could not afford the Affordable Care act, which is a shame when a person cant afford something, you penalize them so now they have to come up with fines BEFORE trying to come up with the money for Obamacare.

My issue with this Obamacare is I wonder just how great or good or fair this is, "forcing" someone to purchase something if they cant afford it?

I have several family members, despite their best efforts, including being fulltime employees, are unable to acquire Obamacare.

I do not know all the ins & outs of Obamacare, however wonder if Trump does cancel this what happens to those on it, do they get to apply to another insurance?

Obama prompted me to consider what would happen to them people?

I know it has not been announced officially just wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on the loss of coverage (potentially)?

Regards

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

A "coverage gap" is something some states intentionally chose for their residents.

If states that are currently not expanding their programs adopt the Medicaid expansion, all of the 2.6 million adults in the coverage gap would gain Medicaid eligibility. In addition, 1.4 million adults who are currently eligible for Marketplace coverage (those with incomes between 100 and 138% of poverty10) would also gain Medicaid eligibility (Figure 6 and Table 2). Though most of these adults are eligible for tax credits to purchase Marketplace coverage,11 Medicaid coverage may provide lower premiums or cost-sharing than they would face under Marketplace coverage.

Comment

How do you think history will treat Obama?
            Given that America's credit rating fell, that he drastically rose spending to heights not seen since FDR, etc - I can't see how a long term look would have a positive notion. He'll be seen like Wilson.

What will be considered his greatest accomplishment?
            Probably Obamacare, but I don't think anyone would have thought that the Federal Reserve was the most important thing Wilson did at the time.

Will being the first black president be his greatest achievement?
            He'll be a sacred cow long after he's gone.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Just like Reagan single-handedly won the cold war by demanding that the Berlin wall should be taken down (an order which was followed promptly only a few years later) Obama single-handedly defeated AQ by sending seal team 6 after Osama.

Overall I'd say aesthetically and coolness-wise Obama was the best pres ever. Politically...hm, history will tell.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                Being the first black president will certainly be seen as an important milestone in our history.

Comment

Working...
                X