Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama

Enjoy it while you can! Obama may come to pay his respects to the birthplace of Democracy ... Trump will come to display it's demise

Comment

I guess the big question is
      How do you think history will treat Obama?
      What will be considered his greatest accomplishment?
      Will being the first black president be his greatest achievement?
      Especially if the next regime dismantles ObamaCare.

Following who he did has to be an advantage.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have to say, a black kid, without father, rising to become president of the united states.
        I've given a lot of **** (some times undeserving) but I have to give it to that country.... the opportunity to be what you want to be.

Comment

I also dig the principles Obama talked about

Comment

Another thing that's great with americans is simplicity.
            You can see it in their writers.

Talk with a french writer. They are so full of self-importance, it makes you sick. Shut up. You're not the pope.

Americans are simplie, approachable, down to earth, humble even.

It's about getting the job done. Not proving Louis the 14nth was great at sucking dicks.

Comment

In the figurative sense

Comment

Not that I would frequent writers if not for the SO.
                I'm all about efficiency.

Comment

Après moi, le déluge

Comment

I think Obama will eventually be seen as one of the great presidents. Being the first black president will certainly be seen as an important milestone in our history. Being progressive bookended by conservatives will help that view, as future generations will most likely be well to the left of center now. Being at the helm when gay rights made it through may help him, even though he followed on that issue rather than lead.

Trump "dismantling" Obamacare will help Obama's legacy to whatever extent it happens. It had some important aspects to it but has serious problems. Rather than the problems being able to continue to rear their head, Trump will ultimately be seen as the reason it didn't work out in the end. Eventually the US will adopt a sane universal healthcare system and Obamacare will be seen as first steps toward it, sabotaged by a regressive rather than failed on merits.

On the economic front the president gets more credit/blame than deserved. Obama will be seen as someone who held a shattered economy together and brought it back from the abyss. Even though the economy probably would have performed similarly if McCain had won.

Being in between Bush and Trump is likely to give him an extra boost, looking better by comparison. Trump may outperform expectations, but only inasmuch as he ditches most everything he ran on. I doubt he can make it 4 years without embarrassing the office with some petty display.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                      Après moi, le déluge
                      That's the thing.
                      I don't have a firm grasp on this country.

Sometimes I envy the narrowness of horizon

Comment

I mean, I serve it VERY good.
                        Even though it's a blurry mess
                        Perhaps thinking that after endless trips it would somehow solidify

That I would solidify

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                          Après moi, le déluge
                          Wrong louis.
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I wasn't responding to Bereta's stream-of-consciousness post comparing American and French writers.

Comment

I guess this going forward thing comes from my mom.
                              We are in a disantvantageous position. We will work hard, we will succeed. We will be exceptional.

It's a good gift to have.

I have it.

The SO is more relaxed. That life is about having fun.

It's good too

Comment

Working...
                              X