No announcement yet.

So be it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus, Hillary was a terrible candidate. Yeah, Trump is worse, but many people probably voted against Hillary than for Trump.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That too, but it should never have even been close in the first place. There was no reason for the Dems to abandon rural working whites, they could have widened their appeal to include them alongside minorities without any huge ideological shift.

Comment

I even made an exception and read Giancarlo's posts, who is in my ignore list. And i say, it was totally worth it! Whine more please.
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
          I was wrong. I admit I had it wrong.

I respect the wishes of the people, however much I disagree with the outcome. This is a deeply divided nation regardless. Congress is even more divided. My recommendation is the 49 Democrats obstruct him at every avenue.

The outcome strikes fear in my heart.

I suggest any of you who have retirements, to start planning for dark times. For those of you with jobs, prepare for the worst. We are headed to a major recession in this direction.

As much as I will say I respect the decision, it basically is a self inflicted wound with little regard for fellow citizens and the future

Fairwell. This will conclude my time here. Good luck and stay strong in these dark times.
          Someone should dump water on the witch.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

As a sort of GC supplement, here is Paul Krugman crying into his daiquiri.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Man, I don't like Trump but it's priceless to come here. That was a beating!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Ah, Berniebro Krugman, he can enjoy the fruits of his labour.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  LOL

I especially like this one:
                  The voters there know what Trump is; they know what they're voting for, and they're doing it anyway. How does our society hold together? 2/
                  Couldn't the same be said about Clinton? That's exactly the reason why both candidates have about evenly high hate scores - both are strongly disliked by the other half of the voters.
                  Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                    I think people were too deeply in his bull**** to realize it. They blame people like me for all their woes. What am I supposed to do?
                    "Proving" yourself right is worthless.
                    MAKING yourself right is all the money

The question is not to simply recount a reality that you think exists.

The point is to influence it so it will come about.

i.e.

a poll shows 50% lead for trump

everyone is too disheartened to even go to vote

a poll shows 3% difference. everyone goes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        Maybe after you've calmed down a bit, think about the things we were saying last week about how there's a lot of people out there who got left behind by the Democratic party but who should be its natural base. They aren't all bigots and racists, there's millions of people who are just disillusioned and hopeless.
                        The problem here is the democrats were trying to build a coalition and those working class whites you talk about hate brown people. So how would it possibly work? Yes. Most Trump supporters are racist and stupid. I would say about 90-95% of them.

Its natural base? How would that possibly work?
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Disillusioned stupidity and paranoia. That is all I see. And they will pay the price for believing a conman. The problem in this country is that people are willing to believe bull**** because it simply sounds good.

Now they certainly will have buyers remorse.

But yea.. Bernie probably would have been a better candidate.
                          Last edited by Giancarlo; November 9, 2016, 08:30. Reason: Typo
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Terrible turn out, but the republicans lost seats in Congress. And in two years are likely to lose more. Tell me... What good will come from this besides an even more divided country? Many didn't want this outcome. Even in those states that only narrowly went to Trump.

The paralysis is about to get a whole lot worse. This was possibly the worst outcome possible.

Comment

At least you aren't one of the yahoos rioting in Oakland.
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

The state of California is being pulled in a direction it doesn't want by a bunch of yahoos in Ohio and Michigan.

At least we elected Kamala Harris... Someone I wish luck to in Congress. She maybe can try for 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X