X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was some intense denial.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post

As usual, you show yourself to be a good student of history.
      Yes and no. He is missing a few important parts like tge end to hyperinflation and the resulting financial stability really improving the business climate in Germaby plus the creation of the autobahn really did improve domestic economic efficiency so that was real. There was also a hpusing construction boom which again is a real contribution to total national wealth (I. E. Value of fixed assets).

They also had something like a new deal with a construction boom but a large part of tge pump pruming was the military build up.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
        That was some intense denial.
        Details were never your strong point.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Yes and no. He is missing a few important parts like tge end to hyperinflation and the resulting financial stability really improving the business climate in Germaby plus the creation of the autobahn really did improve domestic economic efficiency so that was real. There was also a hpusing construction boom which again is a real contribution to total national wealth (I. E. Value of fixed assets).

They also had something like a new deal with a construction boom but a large part of tge pump pruming was the military build up.
          They didn't start much military build up in the beginning. You failed to mention that they concentrated on increasing capacity in the beginning. IOW it was Supply Side
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Oerdin should change his name back to Oerdin.

and get an avatar.

Comment

None of which came close to being able to sustain their ballooning military expenditure. German military spending as % of GDP..

1935: 8%
              1936: 13%
              1937: 13%
              1938: 17%
              1939: 23%

This in a country which as recently as 1932 had 30% unemployment. There were definite non-military reasons for the recovery, the Nazis underwent a huge government spending program to spark recovery and compulsory labour for young Germans which helped drag the country out of the depression, but without the military program that recovery would have been much slower. More importantly (and the point I was making) was once that military program was underway they was no way back from it. Either they used the military to profit from conquest, or the massive spending would have crashed them again economically.

Then again that shouldn't be a surprise, the entire ethos of the Nazis was built around conflict breeding strength. They structured all their organizations and leadership structures around it. The idea that they'd build a giant military and not use it was (in hindsight) utterly ridiculous.

Comment

Details were never your strong point.

Comment

• Happy Liberal Tears Day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Happy Liberal Tears Day!

Seems rather like "Cnsrvative tears day"
                    Democrats have had lots of successes in their elections in Virginia and New Jersey

I especially like how Danica roem won in th 13th district in Virginia against the republican Robert Marshall (who held his seat in VAs house of representatives for 26 years).
                    Roem is a Transgender and Marshall is an ultraconservative LGBTQ-Hater who also tried to introduce the Bathroom Bill in Virginia (but failed) an used lots of personal attack against Danica during his election campaign

https://www.vox.com/2017/11/7/166216...ate-legislator
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Those sound like more leftist nutcases to make the Democratic Partylook out of touch with the working class.
                      Last edited by Kidlicious; November 8, 2017, 05:39.

Comment

• Democrats don't make me cry. Back stabbing republicans do that.

Comment

Those sound like more leftist nutcases to make the Democratic look out of touch with the working class.
                          To the contrary ... Danica concentrated her election campaign on something that is useful to the working class:
                          Improving the quality of a certain commuter highway for the distrioct, whose condition had been detoriating for years (when Marshall was the districts delegate) ... and also being pro Medicaid expansion (which would benefit 400k people in VA)

Her opponent, Marshall, preferred to make an election campaign that concentrated on trying to throw dirt on Danica (and the fact that she is a transgender) and also wanted to block Medicaid expansion.

Seems like it was rather the republican who was out of touch with the things his voters/the working class wanted (maybe he overestimated the percentage of homophobes in his district )
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Yes, just what the Democrats need, a transgender person to represent them.

Comment

Yes, just what the Democrats need, a transgender person to represent them.
                              Definitely, because transgenders (and lesbians and gays etc. ) are members of the US society as well.
                              Being a Homo-/Transphobe (like her competitor, Marshall, was) sounds like a relic of half a century ago
                              (aside from the fact that Marshall already proved that he is incapable of representing the 13th district well (by doing nothing against the deterioration of the districts important commuter highway when he was delegate ... the bathroom bill seems to have been more important to him))

Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 8, 2017, 06:05.

Comment

• Transaphobe must be what liberals call not wanting weird men in the same restroom with your daughter.

Comment

Working...
                                X