Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the Roman Empire have survived 'til today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the Roman Empire have survived 'til today....

...if Romans had the Picts and the Germans made paying for Hadrian's Wall and the Limes Germanicus?!?

Discuss.
    Blah

I guess this thread is worthless without Picts, hehe
    Blah

Comment

Nope, most probably not.
      Building the wall is only a small part of the costs ... a much larger costs would be the upkeep.

But if the romans could have gotten the germans and picts to pay for the upkeep of the walls and also pay for the legions manning it, they could have survived for another couple of hundred years
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        ...if Romans had the Picts and the Germans made paying for Hadrian's Wall and the Limes Germanicus?!?

Discuss.
        If they had, there would certainly have been no Mexicans in the Roman Empire.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

There are worse reasons for starting a thread than that pun.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

roman empire fell..
            haaha

Comment

I am taking a quick break from watching WWE Raw to say ... as in Ben Hur (new) ... the Romans weren't defeated, we became Romans.

Comment

The successor state to the Roman Empire was Holy Roman Empire after the Rome itself fell to the barbarians who are still in charge there today. After issues during a few centuries and WWII the Germans were not defeated, we became Germans.

EU - The Fourth Reich

It's the same as with the Roman empire, you have lots of bureaucracy, the German citizens at the core, those who have culturally assimilated (love techno, David Hasselhof and beer), and the rest (barbarians).

Even though the English barbarians decided to leave the Reich, everyone is telling them that they will suffer greatly for this indiscretion. There is no messing with the fourth Reich.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Yep
                  ze zermans bloodbathed the world 2 times and they're going for the third they're stupid

actually I meant it that "haha roman empire fell"
                  westerners are stupid

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                    The successor state to the Roman Empire was Holy Roman Empire after the Rome itself fell to the barbarians who are still in charge there today. After issues during a few centuries and WWII the Germans were not defeated, we became Germans.

EU - The Fourth Reich

It's the same as with the Roman empire, you have lots of bureaucracy, the German citizens at the core, those who have culturally assimilated (love techno, David Hasselhof and beer), and the rest (barbarians).

Even though the English barbarians decided to leave the Reich, everyone is telling them that they will suffer greatly for this indiscretion. There is no messing with the fourth Reich.
                    Hey I love my Tokio Hotel but to the rest of this post... Lmao

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Well, actually the byzantine empire is the true successor to the roman empire.

And considering that it was the ottomans whop took over Constantinople, it is very clear thatr all of us europeans should bow our heads to Kaiser Erdogan, our Lord and Master
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                        Hey I love my Tokio Hotel but to the rest of this post... Lmao
                        The band where (at least at the beginning of the bands career) you had to look twice in order to discover that Bill Kaulitz, the Lead singer, isn't a girl

Spoiler:

Bill Kaulitz
                        Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 12, 2016, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                          The band where (at least at the beginning of the bands career) you had to look twice in order to discover that Bill Kaulitz, the Lead singer, isn't a girl

Spoiler:

Bill Kaulitz
                          I always have had a crush on him. And he still is cute.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                            I guess this thread is worthless without Picts, hehe
                            Many are chosen; but few are Pict.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                              Many are chosen; but few are Pict.
                              I'm thinking there are more puns, just need to consider all the Angles.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X