No announcement yet.

TA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe not automatics but they are allowed weapons in Texas.
    Aren't you feeling more safe by the second.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My weapon will be a red pen.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Spoken like a true teacher. BRAVO
        Only a moron would think guns in classes is a good idea.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What about gun training classes?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Gun training classes... The ones where weapons accidentally discharge lol?
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              What about gun training classes?
              That would actually be funny but haven't you supported guns in classrooms?
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Astronomy and guns have a long historical connection. For example, in his System of the World, Newton explains orbits with a thought experiment about cannons. Might be able to use that as a way to intimidate students.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Can't you just tell them they're going to watch a video about their next semester and then put Battle Royale on?

Comment

On a more serious note... I've lectured at universities. Many times, when I enter the lecture hall, I look out and see a lot of students that look uninterested and preoccupied.
                    I have found that the best thing to do is to start off by making them a part of the lecture. I usually start off asking them questions, and based on the answers, I tailor my talk to keep them involved. I was taught this technique by the cast of Second City, a Comedy Troupe based in Chicago. They teach businessmen public speaking. Imrov is really no different than teaching or lecturing. One of the comedians, who claims he is always nervous at the start of his act, taught us what he does to cope. When he gets on stage, he does something physical right away. Whether it's jump up and down, or shout, or wave his hands... anything to get rid of some of the adrenaline generated by being in front of a lot of people. I have found this to work real well. And I always joke around a bit before I get serious.

There is no reason to be afraid... Go out and be great.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm always nervous prior and have that feeling of wanting to puke.
                      I go up with knees slightly shaking.

I get better the longer I'm up there.

But then afterwards people will come up to me and tell me how calm I looked, and I just laugh.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm an extrovert so never was a problem for me. I do what I do. If they don't listen, that's their problem.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

You should have done the full course in Mandarin.

Make up for people like me who teach in English to Spanish speakers.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That would actually be funny but haven't you supported guns in classrooms?
                            We actually switched to that after Newtown. I haven't personally carried into the classroom, but the signs are up saying that you take your chances. Some of the other teachers do carry now.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We actually switched to that after Newtown. I haven't personally carried into the classroom, but the signs are up saying that you take your chances. Some of the other teachers do carry now.
                              Awesome atmosphere. This is why guns need to be heavily restricted.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

You probably wouldn't have to carry if the students weren't allowed to. It seems so simple.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X